Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all well and I very much appreciate your enthusiasm and persistence- including @Melvin- Adminand all the others here who supported this in one way or another. 
We did a full FUE on one of our booked patients and injected verteporfin in the entire donor area as per his request and desire. As mentioned previously, this does not fall under the full FUE trial that is planned. 
The procedure went well and to be honest I’m not sure if the patient is active here or is willing to share his updates publicly or not- I will leave that up to his personal choice. Nonetheless, from our side it was uneventful with nothing unusual to report after few days of having it done. 
As for the next trial, the patient is ready. The delay was mainly to make sure he has no major travel plans so that follow up can be scheduled easily. Moreover, I am waiting on a research grade trichoscopy analysis system for the donor which we are waiting for approvals here to get. This will help in getting accurate analysis of the extracted sites and better photos etc. I’m hoping we will have the system in the coming week or two and then we can slot in the patient for the trial. I’m just keen that we get the best out of this one and to be able to provide objective measures publicly.

Will keep you updated regarding that ofcourse. 

• Like 24

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all well and I very much appreciate your enthusiasm and persistence- including @Melvin- Adminand all the others here who supported this in one way or another. 
We did a full FUE on one of our booked patients and injected verteporfin in the entire donor area as per his request and desire. As mentioned previously, this does not fall under the full FUE trial that is planned. 
The procedure went well and to be honest I’m not sure if the patient is active here or is willing to share his updates publicly or not- I will leave that up to his personal choice. Nonetheless, from our side it was uneventful with nothing unusual to report after few days of having it done. 
As for the next trial, the patient is ready. The delay was mainly to make sure he has no major travel plans so that follow up can be scheduled easily. Moreover, I am waiting on a research grade trichoscopy analysis system for the donor which we are waiting for approvals here to get. This will help in getting accurate analysis of the extracted sites and better photos etc. I’m hoping we will have the system in the coming week or two and then we can slot in the patient for the trial. I’m just keen that we get the best out of this one and to be able to provide objective measures publicly.

This is amazing. Hopefully the patient agrees to post his results here. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Can't thank you enough doctor for your efforts. This is awesome.

What dose did you use ?

Hopefully even if the patient decides not to share anything publicly,  you will make necessary  conclusions and this will be step forward.

• Like 4

The first-ever full FUE procedure with Vert - amazing. It feels like it's gonna be the first of many.

I really hope the patient chooses to share his results, even if it's just pictures of his donor, no face pictures are needed to assess efficacy. Also looking forward to the next trial. Huge thank you to Dr Bargouthi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thankyou @DrTBarghouthi for your response.

Really appreciate this! 

@DrTBarghouthi, also I do know that you're really really busy and probably don't have enough time for all of this, but can you please keep the updates up? I know it's really hard to but please? 

There are many of us eager for even one update and when we see you post about out your timeline, we eagerly check around for that update consistently.

Thank you so much! Really like what you're doing to help everyone!

in telegram they are saying Longaker is pending on approval of another product similar to VP for scar/hair, maybe that is why he delayed all calls with @DrTBarghouthi to delay all this until his product get approved.

"Longaker has a product (that is not vp). The patient is pending approval (it’s not approved as previously I said). If it gets approved, it will all depend on what Longaker is willing to allow, and also on them marketing and selling the product. It could lead to a situation similar to what’s happening with vp. Of course the product will be way more expensive than vp"

"If they don’t get the patent, Longaker won’t do any trial btw"

Edited by xhomer

55 minutes ago, xhomer said:

in telegram they are saying Longaker is pending on approval of another product similar to VP for scar/hair, maybe that is why he delayed all calls with @DrTBarghouthi to delay all this until his product get approved.

"Longaker has a product (that is not vp). The patient is pending approval (it’s not approved as previously I said). If it gets approved, it will all depend on what Longaker is willing to allow, and also on them marketing and selling the product. It could lead to a situation similar to what’s happening with vp. Of course the product will be way more expensive than vp"

"If they don’t get the patent, Longaker won’t do any trial btw"

If the patent is in approval, there needs to be clinical data as well too. If there isn't, it will need to go trough 3 phases of clinical trails first. You won't see a new product like vert in the coming 7/10 years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nakding said:

If the patent is in approval, there needs to be clinical data as well too. If there isn't, it will need to go trough 3 phases of clinical trails first. You won't see a new product like vert in the coming 7/10 years.

If its a research chemical it could still be used on a patient by patient basis if the patent can't be approved 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

On 11/25/2023 at 11:36 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

@DrTBarghouthi do you think verteporfin can be used as an adjunct or replacement of finastride.

14 hours ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

If its a research chemical it could still be used on a patient by patient basis if the patent can't be approved 

No doctor is going to do that of course. This is not realistic at all.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, sansi said:

hi @Melvin- Admin, when will you upload interview with Dr. Mohebi ?
Thanks !

The audio was lost, so I have to use the audio from my iPhone. Matching up the audio and video is taking some time. It should be out this week.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Guys what do you think is better here? FUT or FUE? Obviously FUE is less aggressive and if verteporforin was perfected then FUE would make FUT obsolete. But for the current situation I'm thinking FUT could be better because it's one line to heal as opposed to 4000 micro holes. Dr. Bloxhams findings are very hopeful. I remember Dr. Barghouthis initial results were similar, the verteporforin skin was pinker and slower to heal and then have us regeneration later on. I'm eager to see Bloxhams 5+ month results. I think we'll see similar progress plus I feel like currently doctors will be more willing to do FUT + verteporforin as opposed to FUE because of the complexities 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 10:09 AM, Hypogastric said:

How do you think clinical trials happen then mate  ? 
if someone was that desperate they could volunteer to be a patient 

Exactly, there are doctors for example who are open minded about using peptides. 

If a patient volunteered it's definitely possible. 

• Like 1

if Bausch and Lomb and companies that make the generic version fix the production problem then verteporfin will be more available and any doctor or even layman should be able to get it and use it off label for whatever they need, hair transplants, acne scars, microneedling, etc.

On 11/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

This could be amazing! Hope that this patient decides to share and help all of us! 🙏🏻

• Administrators

• Like 3

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Fantastic that he is doing this and of course, as a researcher you should remain neutral and not get people's hope up too much, but I was hoping for more confidence from dr. Mohebi's side that this will actually work. It comes across like he is doing just not to get bugged anymore :)

Anyway, what matters is that he will do the trials. Excellent work, again.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Fantastic that he is doing this and of course, as a researcher you should remain neutral and not get people's hope up too much, but I was hoping for more confidence from dr. Mohebi's side that this will actually work. It comes across like he is doing just not to get bugged anymore :)

Anyway, what matters is that he will do the trials. Excellent work, again.

No, he’s not doing it because he’s getting bugged. He’s doing it because there’s a demand. He has to be unbiased, that’s the only way well know if it actually works. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Hypogastric said:

Any idea when the trial is expected to start.

i know he has to do all the planning, recruiting patients etc but do u have a rough idea when he will commence the trial ? Feb 2024 etc? Or earlier ?

I don’t have a firm date yet. Beginning of next year I believe.

• Thanks 1

View my thread