Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

19 hours ago, hair_forever said:

It is not positive in use, I read a comment of his under an Instagram post and it was not favorable in use.
I think it's normal, he has developed a pioneering way of extracting which manages to extract 60% more than many others leaving the donnor in very good condition!
With Vetrolina his advantage would be eliminated.

Actually it would be a huge advantage, because for follow up surgeries there would be much more hair. Especially for those of us who don't want to use fin or monaxadil, or are advanced Norwoods

4 hours ago, alopeciaphobia said:

This is exactly how I feel too. And anyone who wears their hair really long, say shoulder length or more, would benefit hugely from verteporfin. Mainly because verteporfin may allow for much higher densities in the recipient area, instead of the illusion of density at 40-50% native density. The illusion of density only holds up with short or slicked back hair. If you wear your hair really long, it doesn't look very good unless you're reasonably close to native density. The parting would be too see-through, and the tresses that frame your face too thin.

If verteporfin HTs really do allow for unlimited donor, and become available, I'll take out a second mortgage on my house and not stop getting HTs until my hair looks like one of the members of Rust in Peace era Megadeth:

image.png.e5d257fafb5c3c8ce25188bf189e8b81.png

Same I used to wear my hair long and got so many compliments. That's what I want back. 

Zarev would get people wanting to do more surgeries this way

Im sorry if this question has been asked before but i couldnt find it, my question is:

Lets say this indeed is the miracle we are all waiting for, what would the optimistic/ pessimistic time window expectation  for it to become more widelyaccesable?

Does anyone know if its possible to participate in one of these trials? My donor is slightly below average, so this would be my best option, im considering now to maybe postpone my transplant because of this..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sansi said:

hi guys, am I missing something ?

In this pic 0.4 test is on the left corner of the head.
D73B5DF6-3155-410D-9624-A3FAF82BF58D.thu

In below photo and video it more seems to be on the center.
2C1583EA-4428-49BF-A07B-9A986669E84C.jpe

In the pics of the OP, the 0.4 test site is visually at the same place as the results pics. I do agree that in this image and video, it seems like the site is at a different place. Maybe there is a logical explanation for it.

Definitely interested in seeing if it's possible for the folks at Eugenix to use this if I have my 3rd procedure there in the coming months. Considering that there don't seem to be any negative side effects at all, I would more than willing be happy to sign a formal waiver saying "I fully understand that use of verteporfin after extraction is no guarantee of benefit, and any damage done to the results are the full responsibility and understanding of the patient." Because I fully understand that a lot of clinics and doctors simply aren't going to feel comfortable using something they don't have a lot of tangible experience or trust with; at least not right away.

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Definitely interested in seeing if it's possible for the folks at Eugenix to use this if I have my 3rd procedure there in the coming months. Considering that there don't seem to be any negative side effects at all, I would more than willing be happy to sign a formal waiver saying "I fully understand that use of verteporfin after extraction is no guarantee of benefit, and any damage done to the results are the full responsibility and understanding of the patient." Because I fully understand that a lot of clinics and doctors simply aren't going to feel comfortable using something they don't have a lot of tangible experience or trust with; at least not right away.

You should reach out to them. I’m happy to onboard them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Square1 said:

In the pics of the OP, the 0.4 test site is visually at the same place as the results pics. I do agree that in this image and video, it seems like the site is at a different place. Maybe there is a logical explanation for it.

@Fox243 do you have contact with @DrTBarghouthi, maybe you can ask him about different places of 0.4mg site on the photo.
I mean we have a site that healed nicely and that is the most important, but in this case maybe there was some mistake and 0.32mg healed better than 0.4mg.

20 hours ago, KING_LEONIDAS said:

Im sorry if this question has been asked before but i couldnt find it, my question is:

Lets say this indeed is the miracle we are all waiting for, what would the optimistic/ pessimistic time window expectation  for it to become more widelyaccesable?

Does anyone know if its possible to participate in one of these trials? My donor is slightly below average, so this would be my best option, im considering now to maybe postpone my transplant because of this..

the more people bother the surgeons / clinics about verteporfin the faster it will be availabe for the broad masses. so the more people write on google review, on emails etc. about that stuff, the faster it will be available

• Like 4

On 11/19/2023 at 9:07 AM, general-etwan said:

Have you spoken to Euenix about this ?

• Administrators

So tomorrow, I'm going to @Parsa Mohebi, MD, office to discuss the potential Verteporfin trial. I set him up with all the information available to get the brand name Visudyne shipped to his office. 

I'm thinking of making this meeting a podcast. Would you guys prefer this pre-recorded or live? 

Untitled design copy.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

So tomorrow, I'm going to @Parsa Mohebi, MD, office to discuss the potential Verteporfin trial. I set him up with all the information available to get the brand name Visudyne shipped to his office. 

I'm thinking of making this meeting a podcast. Would you guys prefer this pre-recorded or live? 

Untitled design copy.png

If possible, live would be better. BTW did Dr. Mohebi get funding from HAIRDAO ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, takuma said:

Pre-recorded is okay, but live would be good too if we get to ask questions 

Put your questions that you want to ask here or maybe create a YouTube community post where everyone puts their questions and Melvin can ask.

its better to have a podcast with good visual and audios - lives don’t tend to work that well in that regard - Melvin did a live when he tried to get a global verteporforin trial set up and a lot of it was inaudible.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Put your questions that you want to ask here or maybe create a YouTube community post where everyone puts their questions and Melvin can ask.

its better to have a podcast with good visual and audios - lives don’t tend to work that well in that regard - Melvin did a live when he tried to get a global verteporforin trial set up and a lot of it was inaudible.

Well, that was because I didn’t have control of the audio quality. But I can do it pre-recorded. 

Community, like this post if you prefer pre-recorded. Hit thanks if you want it live. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Well, that was because I didn’t have control of the audio quality. But I can do it pre-recorded. 

Community, like this post if you prefer pre-recorded. Hit thanks if you want it live. 

Fantastic work. Parsa Mohebi is a really well known doctor, if he could be convinced of vt's benefits and eventually starts offering treatments with vt, the drug is close to becoming mainstream. 

Live or pre-recorded? It doesn't matter to me. What matters is that he starts doing the trials. Best of luck and thanks again! Is it btw already sure the he will start trials or is the meeting to convince him of doing so? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Melvin, I don't know if you are looking for potential questions to ask, but one I would be interested to know the answer to is this: 

Could Verteporin potentially have any benefit to hair without a transplant? As in, could it be used to heal hair and skin in areas of diffuse thinning and therefore thicken up the existing hairs?

Good luck tomorrow! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Untitled design copy.png

Hi @Melvin- Admin, will it be published today ?

• Administrators
Just now, Nikoni said:

Hi @Melvin- Admin, will it be published today ?

I’m going to do it pre-recorded, so it probably won’t be published until Friday. 

• Like 3

View my thread