Does my donor look over harvested?

I had a hair transplant at Serkan Aygin’s clinic in Turkey 2 days ago. Looking at my donor areas it seems to me it’s over harvested. I could be wrong as not enough time has passed yet, and I am no expert. I know nothing can be done at this point, but just wanted to hear your thoughts on this to keep my anxiety in check. I had total of 4400 grafts which had 3880 from back of scalp and 516 grafts from my beard. Obviously I did not know about this great forum and ended up getting a hair transplant at the hairmill clinic and finding this place after. Please stay on topic and don’t focus on the clinic. I hope I end up being a lucky one. 

E0770A96-4957-46EB-87B0-992DFB76D371.jpeg

0719A4C5-9D97-46BE-945C-3ACC599F8509.jpeg

3207F8E1-86E1-4562-AC29-FC9F70EEF227.jpeg

139114CF-2E5A-4CA4-85D7-84488C1C91E8.jpeg

65212721-DE54-47E1-9B05-58FF3C1EF24A.jpeg

277C3094-505E-4B5D-94C6-F1CD7D4FEFC7.jpeg

7DB1BE31-0B7E-422A-9784-59FFDC2FBB75.jpeg

18A00B7B-07C6-47C1-9602-457EC3640B8A.jpeg

Edited by Chemoman

2 minutes ago, track_rat said:

Looks ok to me. Can you update us in a few days when the scabs start to fall? Will give a better preview of the homogeneity. 

Yes I will do that and will definitely post my progress here. 

Just now, Chemoman said:

Yes I will do that and will definitely post my progress here. 

Good plan. Truthfully it doesn’t look like something I would panic about. You had a large session. Once the wounds close and scabs fall, you’ll get a good initial baseline preview of what your donor will look like. And it’ll only get better from there when all growing phase hairs pop in and you taper/haircut. Looks fine; don’t stress right now.

These are 2 day post op photos with some coalescing extraction cites. Just looks concerning to your eyes at the moment. 

Hang in there and keep us posted :)

• Like 1

Serkan is obviously a mill. That's for sure. But at the same time, he's not that bad. 

Serkan, Cinik etc are still way better than the 1500€ mills like AsliTarcan, Arenamed, Sanantur etc...even though they are notorious hairmills too. 

I've talked and analyzed Serkan's clinic many times in my previous posts. Check them out. 

But no need to worry at this stage. Serkan is still amongst the "better hairmills". 

He used to be pretty bad and he has really improved tremendously over the last 3-5 years. 

Actually I've seen outstanding results from Serkan on the italian hairloss forum and on some french youtubers (all cherry picked or course) but still they were amazing. 

I'll be honest. I don't like guys like Serkan or Cinik....But the truth is MOST (not all of course) turn out okay/good. 

Brett Maverick went to Serkan recently. 

It really depends on which team of technicians you get but I don't remember seeing a disaster from Serkan in a while so rest assured. 

Who were your techs ? What did Serkan say durint the 3 min "initial consultation" ? 

In a few day, you'll have a better preview of what your donor and recipient looks like. From there, we'll be able to speculate. 

Transplants are a gamble. 

I've recently seen guys going to recommended US surgeons like Charles, Diep  paying 20 000$ and getting crap results.... 

While other are lucky enough to get good results from hairmills... 

This is a lottery. There are no rules. 

So don't worry for the moment. 

• Like 5

• Valued Contributor

I wouldn't put more stress on yourself. There have been many patients who have gone to Turkey and still received a great result. If you were really butchered then we would know from the photos you have shared. I had surgery six months ago with Eugenix and my donor was considered (and it was) to be not average, but poor! Yet it's amazing how your donor and scalp can bounce back given time. Just follow all of the post op instructions from the clinic. If you are on finasteride then it might help enhance the donor. But I would just wait and let everything settle down and heal. All the best!

• Like 2

Also for me, it doesn't look bad, as he says @HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE,Serkan is one of the best hair mills in Turkey, like Cinik, I have seen in person, spectacular transplants done in this clinic, stay calm and wait for the complete healing of your donor area.

• Like 1

• Administrators

There’s no way to know at this moment. You may experience some shock loss in the donor. Give it at least 6 months before judging. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE said:

Serkan is obviously a mill. That's for sure. But at the same time, he's not that bad. 

Serkan, Cinik etc are still way better than the 1500€ mills like AsliTarcan, Arenamed, Sanantur etc...even though they are notorious hairmills too. 

I've talked and analyzed Serkan's clinic many times in my previous posts. Check them out. 

But no need to worry at this stage. Serkan is still amongst the "better hairmills". 

He used to be pretty bad and he has really improved tremendously over the last 3-5 years. 

Actually I've seen outstanding results from Serkan on the italian hairloss forum and on some french youtubers (all cherry picked or course) but still they were amazing. 

I'll be honest. I don't like guys like Serkan or Cinik....But the truth is MOST (not all of course) turn out okay/good. 

Brett Maverick went to Serkan recently. 

It really depends on which team of technicians you get but I don't remember seeing a disaster from Serkan in a while so rest assured. 

Who were your techs ? What did Serkan say durint the 3 min "initial consultation" ? 

In a few day, you'll have a better preview of what your donor and recipient looks like. From there, we'll be able to speculate. 

Transplants are a gamble. 

I've recently seen guys going to recommended US surgeons like Charles, Diep  paying 20 000$ and getting crap results.... 

While other are lucky enough to get good results from hairmills... 

This is a lottery. There are no rules. 

So don't worry for the moment. 

Serkan didn’t even do my consultation, I was upset. They told me he was in a conference (BS) some other doctor Named Amir Ali did my hairline. Honestly it didn’t look bad. He only spent 5 minutes no Q and A again very disappointing. But I was there already I didn’t want to piss them off and end up with shi**ier service. 
as for my techs I don’t know the names, but they were all young middle aged boys and girls. I know two girls did my extractions and implantation and at the end another guy came in ( I guess the team lead) and he did the final touch in my hairline. 

At this point it’s just a waiting game like you mentioned. I will keep you guys posted. 

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There’s no way to know at this moment. You may experience some shock loss in the donor. Give it at least 6 months before judging. 

I know it’s just a waiting game, but I thought you guys cast your thought since you have seen more of the posts involving poor and over harvesting. I will keep you guys posted. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, THE TRUTH said:

Any chance you have a link to the Italian forum? With Google translate, I am hoping I can read through it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I am now at 2 months post transplant. Had my first PRF session yesterday, that is why you will see the red injection spots on my scalp. Overall I am happy with the donor site. Looks like they didn’t overdo it. I am seeing very minimal growth at the transplanted area which is normal. 

B147CBE2-8534-43A0-AC99-080186F7E50D.jpeg

31D29B13-1749-4845-ABCE-202631B4FE3B.jpeg

4BFF0905-A626-43A6-A017-FF321F506ECF.jpeg

DBBF98B4-6000-4223-A96E-C24462BB8135.jpeg

• Like 1