Does my donor look over harvested?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Good example of donor shock loss. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Your donor looks great, your hair transplant looks to be growing well. Who was your surgeon?

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your donor looks great, your hair transplant looks to be growing well. Who was your surgeon?

Thank you! I am hoping I can get a bit more growth in the next 2-3 months. I had mine done at Serkan Aygin’s clinic In turkey. You can see my original post on before pictures. Thank you for all your support. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Chemoman said:

Thank you! I am hoping I can get a bit more growth in the next 2-3 months. I had mine done at Serkan Aygin’s clinic In turkey. You can see my original post on before pictures. Thank you for all your support. 

You should expect more growth 🙏

• Like 1

View my thread

very natural hairline, as I said in my post on 21st July 2022, Serkan Aygin's clinic is the best hair mill in Turkey, you will have to come back to fix the crown and then you will be ok.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 6:19 PM, Gatsby said:

It will most certainly improve in the months ahead. All the best!👍

On 7/21/2022 at 10:37 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

There’s no way to know at this moment. You may experience some shock loss in the donor. Give it at least 6 months before judging. 

On 7/20/2022 at 10:45 PM, THE TRUTH said:

Serkan is obviously a mill. That's for sure. But at the same time, he's not that bad. 

Serkan, Cinik etc are still way better than the 1500€ mills like AsliTarcan, Arenamed, Sanantur etc...even though they are notorious hairmills too. 

I've talked and analyzed Serkan's clinic many times in my previous posts. Check them out. 

But no need to worry at this stage. Serkan is still amongst the "better hairmills". 

He used to be pretty bad and he has really improved tremendously over the last 3-5 years. 

Actually I've seen outstanding results from Serkan on the italian hairloss forum and on some french youtubers (all cherry picked or course) but still they were amazing. 

I'll be honest. I don't like guys like Serkan or Cinik....But the truth is MOST (not all of course) turn out okay/good. 

Brett Maverick went to Serkan recently. 

It really depends on which team of technicians you get but I don't remember seeing a disaster from Serkan in a while so rest assured. 

Who were your techs ? What did Serkan say durint the 3 min "initial consultation" ? 

In a few day, you'll have a better preview of what your donor and recipient looks like. From there, we'll be able to speculate. 

Transplants are a gamble. 

I've recently seen guys going to recommended US surgeons like Charles, Diep  paying 20 000$ and getting crap results.... 

While other are lucky enough to get good results from hairmills... 

This is a lottery. There are no rules. 

So don't worry for the moment. 

Just booked my second hair transplant with Dr. Gur for August 2023 to do crown area. Although I got lucky with my first hair transplant at the hairmill,  I did not want to take a chance with the crown area and risk of over harvesting being the second hair transplant.  So I chose Gur due to my budget and seeing that he would be doing extractions, and incisions along with his trusted work on this forum. I have been quoted for 2000 grafts, but its not a for sure number, may be less or may be more. I will keep you all posted with the results. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Chemoman said:

Just booked my second hair transplant with Dr. Gur for August 2023 to do crown area. Although I got lucky with my first hair transplant at the hairmill,  I did not want to take a chance with the crown area and risk of over harvesting being the second hair transplant.  So I chose Gur due to my budget and seeing that he would be doing extractions, and incisions along with his trusted work on this forum. I have been quoted for 2000 grafts, but its not a for sure number, may be less or may be more. I will keep you all posted with the results. 

Good choice, hope to see your new journey posted here 👍🏼

• Like 1

View my thread

8 hours ago, Chemoman said:

can you show how front looks now?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zinedine said:

That is looking really really good @Chemoman ... I really like that new hairline look! ... what are your thoughts? How are you feeling?

What about your donor? 

Thank you! I really like the hairline, it looks natural and age appropriate. It feels great to have hair again, such a boost in confidence. My donor looks good too I guess. I will be going do the crown with Dr Gur. 

IMG_2888.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Interesting case, you got lucky with Hair Mill. Front looks nice. 

How many grafts were implanted on crown? 

I got really lucky the first time around. I had total 2040 grafts done by gur please follow the new topic I created for details.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 3:19 PM, Jayhair said:

@Chemoman why did you have to get 2nd operation couldn't you get it fixed on 1st transplant  quite a big patch on your crown - was your a DHI or FUE, seems like you had to shave your receipt area too, guess that FUE not DHI?

My first transplant was DHI and it was 4480 grafts, second transplant Sapphire FUE 2040 grafts in the crown area. There is no way they could have done that all in one session. I chose to do it in two separate sessions one year a part. You can follow my new post for the crown transplant I did one month ago.