What do you guys not miss anymore?

Fun idea, post what you no longer miss about the days before you had your HT.  I’ll put mine:

1.  I don’t miss avoiding going out for a walk when it is windy, or angling my head down when the wind picks up.

2.  I don’t miss wearing a hat when doing cardio or any form of running that might mess up my hair.

3.  I don’t miss feeling anxious about a girl passing her hand through my hair.

4.  I don’t miss not being able to have a variety of haircuts.

What don’t you guys miss?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Check out my journey here:

Fue3361,

What a great fun post.  While I work for Dr. Rahal and have been in the profession for almost 20 years, I’m a hair transplant patient first. In fact, I’ve undergone 4 hair transplants over a period of 5 years and after over 12 years, I may be going for a fifth, of course with Dr. Rahal. In the meantime however, here are some things I don’t miss - 

1. feeling like I have to wear a hat everywhere because I was too anxious for people to see I was going bald - especially young pretty women.

2. having dreams about having long hair again only to wake up realizing I essentially have no hair left on top of my head with any freaks of wearing my hair long again we’re simply that - dreams.

3. Looking in the mirror seeing someone that used to be attractive with hair   

These are the main ones I can think of right now.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 3

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

8 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

What a great fun post.  While I work for Dr. Rahal and have been in the profession for almost 20 years, I’m a hair transplant patient first. In fact, I’ve undergone 4 hair transplants over a period of 5 years and after over 12 years, I may be going for a fifth, of course with Dr. Rahal. In the meantime however, here are some things I don’t miss

Don't mean to hijack but since DM's arent working, why did you end up needing 5 HT's? Were some of them small 1000ish graft procedures? 

I haven't reached anywhere close to a significant time with my HT to even contemplate a full on "I don't miss" but it's interesting to see how much overlap there is in the issues people faced. 

Personally speaking, i've mentioned before how i would style my hair to hide the fact i never had any temple points and wind taking the styled hair out of place would expose that, so fingers crossed that's something i won't miss when i get to 12 months. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, sukh123 said:

This is some cringe post lol 

Why are you being rude! This is a very good post and it hits home with many. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

Why are you being rude! This is a very good post and it hits home with many. 

Seriously, why you such a wet blanket . It’s called sarcasm and general banter. You need to settle down, this is not North Korea 

• Confused 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Fun idea, post what you no longer miss about the days before you had your HT.  I’ll put mine:

1.  I don’t miss avoiding going out for a walk when it is windy, or angling my head down when the wind picks up.

2.  I don’t miss wearing a hat when doing cardio or any form of running that might mess up my hair.

3.  I don’t miss feeling anxious about a girl passing her hand through my hair.

4.  I don’t miss not being able to have a variety of haircuts.

What don’t you guys miss?

1. I don’t miss people asking my age and being shocked when I tell them my age.

2. I don’t miss the look on peoples faces after they hadn’t seen me since I was a teenager. 

3. I don’t miss thinking about my hair loss day and night. 

4. I don’t miss feeling like my youth was robbed from me. 

5. I don’t miss looking at my shiny scalp in elevator downlighting. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
Just now, sukh123 said:

Seriously, why you such a wet blanket . It’s called sarcasm and general banter. You need to settle down, this is not North Korea 

I don’t find trolling acceptable on this professional forum. You wanna troll like the “botch job” guy your posts will be dismissed as such. We’re here to help each other out, not tear each other down. If you’re joking around that’s fine, but how would anyone interpret that as a joke. Sounds like a rude comment. 

• Like 2

View my thread

13 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t find trolling acceptable on this professional forum. You wanna troll like the “botch job” guy your posts will be dismissed as such. We’re here to help each other out, not tear each other down. If you’re joking around that’s fine, but how would anyone interpret that as a joke. Sounds like a rude comment. 

Well I found the way your tone was directed to me to be rather rude and not professional at all and as the moderator a private message would of been more prudent instead of making it public dont you think. It’s a light hearted comment , If this is not accepted on this forum then so be it , your the boss . As for helping out , I do that on a daily basis and have had great interactions with members who have all postively reacted to my posts and advice despite being on here for only 6 weeks . I’ve Even defended yourself when peope have questioned your bias on this forum.

Edited by sukh123
  • Like 1

I will add 

1. Will not miss having to put hair fibers in (Or at least not nearly as much) and having them get in my eyes

Also Sukh123, I agree with the sentiment that your original comment was unnecessarily rude. Not trying to pile on and I've engaged in plenty of back and forth on here but never in a way that was intentionally rude for no reason 

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Well I found the way your tone was directed to me to be rather rude and not professional at all and as the moderator a private message would of been more prudent instead of making it public dont you think. It’s a light hearted comment , If this is not accepted on this forum then so be it , your the boss . As for helping out , I do that on a daily basis and have had great interactions with members who have all postively reacted to my posts and advice despite being on here for only 6 weeks . I’ve Even defended yourself when peope have questioned your bias on this forum.

Well I apologize if I came off as rude. 

View my thread

I am only 1.5 months post-op. 

But.....when my killer results comes in, I hope I will stop being chained to a mirror and stop thinking about my hair 24/7. Its not normal or healthy to think about your hair this much. 

I would rather have 'meh' hair but not have it bother me at all and never think about it, then have good hair but be depressed because its not "perfect". 

• Like 2

I don’t miss tactical combing, and I’m enjoying being able to slide sunglasses up into my hairline to hold my hair back, which I wouldn’t have done before my HT due to depletion at the front. 

• Like 2

I'd say right now, I don't miss wasting hours in front of the mirror and obsessively trying to create an acceptable combover if I had to go out in public without a hat. Now it's like I only spend about 10-30 minutes at most to cover up my thinner areas. Hoping another procedure will allow me to reap other benefits one day of not needing to wear hats, not worrying about others touching hair, it getting wet, etc.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

At only six months post op the biggest thing for me is that I don't miss having to hide the low, lateral scar along my forehead and the scars in my donor area at all. The psychological impact that these have had on me for the past 37 years have finally been erased!

• Like 6

I am only 22 days post op & honestly, after 10th day of ht i came out of the house for the 1st time without a hat in 10+ yrs. I forgot how liberating it is to finaly have hairline in long damn time😀

• Like 3

On 7/18/2022 at 4:18 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

Don't mean to hijack but since DM's arent working, why did you end up needing 5 HT's? Were some of them small 1000ish graft procedures? 

Did you say private messaging isn’t working?  It was working earlier for me just fine.  But to answer your question - when I first started out in 2004, I had hardly done any research.   I was a Norwood class 5A and had chosen a local surgeon for maxed out around 1600 graphs. As I’m sure you can imagine, that didn’t take me very far. After two hair transplants, I decided I needed as large of a session as possible so I chose accordingly.  i’m very happy with the way my hair looks now however, I may undergo a fifth her transplant to refine the hairline slightly and identity to the crown.  I’ve already had over 9000 grafts and one more procedure would pit me in the 10,000 club.

My last hair transplant was in 2007 so a lot has changed since then.  I will be undergoing FUE this time around after 4 FUT procedures.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 3

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.