PODCAST TOMORROW!! With Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Kostis DON’T MISS THIS!

• Administrators

sorry guys had to do it from home will be on in a few

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Some audio issue reported on YouTube.

Apologies for inconvenience. We will be reconnecting via HTN Instagram account. Please head there for live viewing.

https://www.instagram.com/thehairtransplantnetwork/live/

Thanks

Edited by Raphael84

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

It is working on the above link..you need to click the HTN Icon and then it may ask you to login on insta or via facebook etc but it is on...For sure they can show it also post live..sorry it has been a bit more difficult today as they had some tech issues but people are watching. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2a056249dafa9399021ccc05f3a59445.jpeg

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

will it be uploaded on youtube?

Yes, I’ll upload it to YouTube shortly. 

View my thread

• Administrators

The Podcast studio was a bust. They were unprofessional and disorganized. Unfortunately, I’ll have to find a new place. In the meantime, I think I will use Instagram to stream the podcast. Once I find a new reliable studio. We’ll go back to YouTube. 

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The Podcast studio was a bust. They were unprofessional and disorganized. Unfortunately, I’ll have to find a new place. In the meantime, I think I will use Instagram to stream the podcast. Once I find a new reliable studio. We’ll go back to YouTube. 

Damn, that sucks. I genuinely thought you guys had set your own up but i guess it makes sense atm you rented a dedicated space and slot. 

Hopefully you sort it out and i'd love to watch a video of it in full when possible. I'm sure Dr Bisanga had some real wisdom to share with viewers. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Damn, that sucks. I genuinely thought you guys had set your own up but i guess it makes sense atm you rented a dedicated space and slot. 

Hopefully you sort it out and i'd love to watch a video of it in full when possible. I'm sure Dr Bisanga had some real wisdom to share with viewers. 

No, I was renting it out. I’m considering creating my own space. But the convenience is the rentals come with an engineer. 

The video is up

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgC5n2uLNFy/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

View my thread

Bisanga donor management awareness is great and something that separates the best doctors . He made a good point about donors which is relative to issues we have been seeing on this forum with donors lately . That is that  alot of doctors are not managing the extractions well whereby their taking all the mutigrafts for the sake of Good result  on the top the first time which is not only causing sparse donor appearance ,  but meaning the donor cannot be used effectively for  A second procedure which most people with hair loss will  most likely need . Also said that shock loss should recover in 3 months and that it’s rare for it to take up to 6 months to the contrary on what has been said here on this forum  . Found him incredibly engaging and smart on the podcast , the accent also helps lol. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sukh123 said:

Bisanga donor management awareness is great and something that separates the best doctors . He made a good point about donors which is relative to issues we have been seeing on this forum with donors lately . That is that  alot of doctors are not managing the extractions well whereby their taking all the mutigrafts for the sake of Good result  on the top the first time which is not only causing sparse donor appearance ,  but meaning the donor cannot be used effectively for  A second procedure which most people with hair loss will  most likely need . Also said that shock loss should recover in 3 months and that it’s rare for it to take up to 6 months to the contrary on what has been said here on this forum  . Found him incredibly engaging and smart on the podcast , the accent also helps lol. 

I think donor management is an area where only a handful of doctors truly excel at giving such a high attention to detail in where they extract from with the use of measurement tools. 

I think Dr Bisanga is definitely one of those and it's something others should learn from. Even the places praised on here, i don't think use as extensive a measure and then imo at least, you're play a somewhat educated Russian Roulette. 

I also think it's sometimes a good idea to be able to give a full on graft breakdown. It doesn't seem a lot of people also take this into their reports where they can say how many grafts were extracted, the follicular make up and how many may have been split into multiple grafts. 

Ideally we get clone hair soon, and then nobody has the worry of donor management at all. We can chuck as many as we want into the black holes like crown areas. Really even help people suffering from diffuse thinning and retrograde alopecia. The possibilities are there and i genuinely think people like Dr Bisanga should be at the forefront of it all. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
13 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I think donor management is an area where only a handful of doctors truly excel at giving such a high attention to detail in where they extract from with the use of measurement tools. 

I think Dr Bisanga is definitely one of those and it's something others should learn from. Even the places praised on here, i don't think use as extensive a measure and then imo at least, you're play a somewhat educated Russian Roulette. 

I also think it's sometimes a good idea to be able to give a full on graft breakdown. It doesn't seem a lot of people also take this into their reports where they can say how many grafts were extracted, the follicular make up and how many may have been split into multiple grafts. 

Ideally we get clone hair soon, and then nobody has the worry of donor management at all. We can chuck as many as we want into the black holes like crown areas. Really even help people suffering from diffuse thinning and retrograde alopecia. The possibilities are there and i genuinely think people like Dr Bisanga should be at the forefront of it all. 

A big takeaway for me is that he believes oral min works better for some patients than fin. I need to get my hands on another script.

• Like 2

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

A big takeaway for me is that he believes oral min works better for some patients than fin. I need to get my hands on another script.

I think the biggest problem in my eyes is that we still don't have a clue how the hell exactly Minoxidil seems to work when it comes to hair loss. Topical or Oral. 

I personally can't get a hold of Oral Minoxidil as easy in the UK but Dr McGrath i think in the US apparently according to that Hair Loss Hope YouTube channel, is making pills with a combination of Finasteride and Oral Minoxodil combined into one. 

Personally i think hearing long term the effects topical Minoxodil is having on the scalp turns me off it now more than i thought before. So, hopefully if its becoming more common for hair loss, we'll see it get used soon in more countries and cheaper. In the UK it needs to be prescribed or purchased via grey market means. 

• Administrators

Full episode

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Tagging @JoselitoElGallo did you watch? 

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Tagging @JoselitoElGallo did you watch? 

Yes Melvin I watched in instagram, I enjoyed and learn about many things, really great content.

For next podcast can you ask to the doctor what they think about cutting grafts when those are quadroples. I know some doctors like to cut those into half to make grafts of 2 and others like Couto doesn’t like because they think that will die.

Edited by JoselitoElGallo

I watched a decent chunk of it. Though maybe not so intently as I would have liked.

In regards to the fin vs oral min discussion... You mentioned that fin "stops the bleeding" while Dr. Bisanga said that there are many causes for inflammation more or less and that fin doesn't address all of it...  

I'd like to see Bisanga to dive a bit deeper if possible since I do have some questions in regards to that. 

1. Even though oral min gives better results than fin, since it fails to stop the bleeding... Won't it eventually lose ground compared to fin? Not that fin doesn't lose ground over time but I'd imagine fin loses ground slower by negating one of the causes (though not all the causes) of hair loss? Like MazAB is an amazing example of fin working over decades to keep him at a NW3. So the question would be... Based on Dr. B's reply, wouldn't oral min only result in better short term results given the information in the video?

2. He mentioned dutasteride applied as a gel. I might have missed it, but did he say anything more than dut applied as a gel? Is he compounding it or sourcing/manufacturing it in anyway? Does he have any experiences with it? Or is this more of a word of mouth thing from a fellow doctor (i.e. Mwamba, Hasson)