PODCAST TOMORROW!! With Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Kostis DON’T MISS THIS!

The talk on oral minoxidil and hair loss preventative medication was really fascinating.

I've only been taking a low sublingual dose (0.9mg daily) for 4 months now and the results have completely blown me away. I'm upping the dosage when I run out of 0.9mg tables in the next week to 1.8mg daily and I can't wait to track my progress on the higher dosage. The improvement in my crown area has already changed my complex and improved my confidence and the best part is that it's still early days. It is worth noting I'm also taking dut which is likely contributing.

I liked the talk on early growth, Dr Kostis transplant, and very fine hair. Love the way Bisanga and Kostis operate. Thanks for doing this Melvin.

Edit: the dutasteride gel injections was really interesting - I'd love to hear more about that, or hear from a forum member with experience.

Edited by Viney

The most interesting question was whether oral minox works long term? And there Bisanga was kind of evading and I guess the jury is still out there for that one. To me it is clear that topical minox generally loses effectiveness after a few years. Will it be different for oral Minox.   

Edited by Mike10

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

The most interesting question was whether oral minox works long term? And there Bisanga was kind of evading and I guess the jury is still out there for that one. To me it is clear that topical minox generally loses effectiveness after a few years. Will it be different for oral Minox.   

I don’t believe there’s any evidence that topical finasteride loses efficacy. That sounds like speculation. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, NARMAK said:

Personally i think hearing long term the effects topical Minoxodil is having on the scalp turns me off it now more than i thought before. So, hopefully if its becoming more common for hair loss, we'll see it get used soon in more countries and cheaper. In the UK it needs to be prescribed or purchased via grey market means. 

What long term effects of topical minoxidil are you talking about?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Marlo said:

There’s some talk about it reducing collagen and causing premature aging and wrinkles. Though, I’ve been on it for almost 9 years and haven’t noticed anything. I’m getting some wrinkles to be expected at 37. But I don’t think it’s premature.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There’s some talk about it reducing collagen and causing premature aging and wrinkles. Though, I’ve been on it for almost 9 years and haven’t noticed anything. I’m getting some wrinkles to be expected at 37. But I don’t think it’s premature.

Oh yeah I don't buy into that at all.

But if topical minoxidil actually has a effect on collagen chances are oral minox would have too. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Marlo said:

Oh yeah I don't buy into that at all.

But if topical minoxidil actually has a effect on collagen chances are oral minox would have too. 

Yes. 

View my thread

4 hours ago, Marlo said:

It was basically answered by Melvin, but yes, there's the stuff he mentioned but also apparently the topical Minoxodil according to leading hair transplant doctors erodes the quality of the scalp over time. I don't think the oral Minoxidil would degrade the scalp like this but both versions hypothetically can cause the premature aging etc. if you were unlucky i guess. Then again, it's difficult to know if it's subtle whether to blame Minoxodil or other lifestyle events/choices. 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Great interview @Melvin- Moderator. I will be going to see Dr Sinclair once I get a referral to look into taking oral minoxidil. Also I appreciate the questions you asked re: chest hair! Many thanks mate! 🙏

Let us know how the consultation goes. 

• Like 1

View my thread

43 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Great interview @Melvin- Moderator. I will be going to see Dr Sinclair once I get a referral to look into taking oral minoxidil. Also I appreciate the questions you asked re: chest hair! Many thanks mate! 🙏

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a DM as I have had a couple consultations with Sinclair Dermatology this year.

Consider doing some research on oral (tablet) vs sublingual (tablet) delivery as the clinic will likely offer both of these options to you.

Edited by Viney
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
37 minutes ago, Viney said:

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a DM as I have had a couple consultations with Sinclair Dermatology this year.

Consider doing some research on oral (tablet) vs sublingual (tablet) delivery as the clinic will likely offer both of these options to you.

@Viney DM sent. 🙏

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t believe there’s any evidence that topical finasteride loses efficacy. That sounds like speculation. 

I meant topical Minoxidil. 

4 hours ago, NARMAK said:

It was basically answered by Melvin, but yes, there's the stuff he mentioned but also apparently the topical Minoxodil according to leading hair transplant doctors erodes the quality of the scalp over time. I don't think the oral Minoxidil would degrade the scalp like this but both versions hypothetically can cause the premature aging etc. if you were unlucky i guess. Then again, it's difficult to know if it's subtle whether to blame Minoxodil or other lifestyle events/choices. 

I am of the firm belief that topical Minox ONLY generally loses effect over time. There is ample anecdotal evidence to that. I have also heard that personally from 2 HT Drs who are recommended everywhere, including on this site. I guess the jury is still out there for the oral version though.  The oral is more efficient than the topical but also has potentially more severe  sides.

Edited by Mike10

On 7/20/2022 at 3:02 AM, NARMAK said:

I have never heard of topical minox eroding the scalp over time. Do you have a source to the doctors who have stated this? 

44 minutes ago, Marlo said:

I have never heard of topical minox eroding the scalp over time. Do you have a source to the doctors who have stated this? 

Yeh makes sense to me why peoples head after shaving looks so shiny lol on patients cases aha

1 hour ago, Marlo said:

I don't recall fully but read it on these very forums as an observation some made. It's due to the makeup of the topical formula. Imagine how a persistent use of a chemical mixture 2x a day is used for even say 10-15 years, from like 20s to 30s, and you are bound to see a difference in a scalp that hasn't used it at all.