Second transplant for temples?

Hi everyone,
It's been 10 months since I got a hair transplant on my hairline.
I'm quite happy but nothing was done on the sides of my head, I was wondering if should get a second transplant?

Bit insecure about them at the moment. :) They feel pretty far back than most.
Hate having a big forehead too.

Thanks.

image.png.7813766afaf680e50fa02b34ffc8825a.pngimage.png.d9c7974f7c124c2a57a8c212e8e08fd1.pngimage.png.053a38fa8a0cf43247e0dd90c74b4e3b.png

image.thumb.png.5836b0fe857d7d5bde8f983d1ecbc82a.pngimage.png.819e2e3714e279e64a6042bd28afa585.png

Example of first transplant location;
image.png.3b760ebbc1b1668961ecdef579fa6ca1.png

Edited by SeanToman

I gotta say your result from Elithair is actually good.

Of course the density is lacking but overall it's an excellent and natural result considering the fact that Balwi is a notorious hairmill and thus huge gamble for both the donor and recipient ! 

For temples I would say Pinto & Couto are probably the best artistry wise. But they don't accept new patients currently. 

Otherwise Bisanga does very solid and natural temples too. 

I believe Ferreira is also capable of producing good temple work. 

But your temples look okay honestly. You don't seem to have any retrograde alopecia thinning or temple recession. 

Maybe lowering the hairline a little bit more would help you achieve the desired appearence but not sure if it's a good idea to waste additionnal grafts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think you need temple work, you look young, those precious grafts might be of better use for future in crown or midscalp, if you let your hair grow longer , it can easly cover temple region.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T

1 hour ago, SeanToman said:

Hi everyone,
It's been 10 months since I got a hair transplant on my hairline.
I'm quite happy but nothing was done on the sides of my head, I was wondering if should get a second transplant?

Bit insecure about them at the moment. :) They feel pretty far back than most.
Hate having a big forehead too.

Thanks.

image.png.7813766afaf680e50fa02b34ffc8825a.pngimage.png.d9c7974f7c124c2a57a8c212e8e08fd1.pngimage.png.053a38fa8a0cf43247e0dd90c74b4e3b.png

image.thumb.png.5836b0fe857d7d5bde8f983d1ecbc82a.pngimage.png.819e2e3714e279e64a6042bd28afa585.png

Example of first transplant location;
image.png.3b760ebbc1b1668961ecdef579fa6ca1.png

Your result from Elithair looks natural and good. I do not think you need temple work. Just save your grafts for future needs. Enjoy ur result mate ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone, it's super thin in the sun though. :)

2 hours ago, Nurses take over said:

I gotta say your result from Elithair is actually good.

Of course the density is lacking but overall it's an excellent and natural result considering the fact that Balwi is a notorious hairmill and thus huge gamble for both the donor and recipient ! 

For temples I would say Pinto & Couto are probably the best artistry wise. But they don't accept new patients currently. 

Otherwise Bisanga does very solid and natural temples too. 

I believe Ferreira is also capable of producing good temple work. 

But your temples look okay honestly. You don't seem to have any retrograde alopecia thinning or temple recession. 

Maybe lowering the hairline a little bit more would help you achieve the desired appearence but not sure if it's a good idea to waste additionnal grafts. 

Should I have expected better density from a HT?

1 hour ago, civic said:

I don't think you need temple work, you look young, those precious grafts might be of better use for future in crown or midscalp, if you let your hair grow longer , it can easly cover temple region.

Thanks man, I prefer having my hair up though. ^-^

Your temples don’t look recessive at all. And temple work can scream transplant since they are very difficult to achieve naturalness so wouldn’t touch it.

Edited by Smacias15
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

You have temple points and a great natural result to match. Remember you are growing into this hair transplant (not growing out of it) over the rest of your life and as you look quite young to me, you should be saving those precious donor grafts where they will be needed most, in time. Wishing you all the best!

• Thanks 1

This is just my personal opinion on it but right now with where your hairline sits and where the existing temple points are, your overall design has a balance to it. 

Elongating the temple points forwards more will actually throw that off and to balance it out you'd need to lower the hairline down more in the temporal areas. 

Right now, i genuinely don't know whether that would be a good idea because of how high naturally your hairline used to sit when you got your hair transplant. You also have the possibility of when your hair loss potentially progresses behind the area making you "chase" it and cause problems. 

I think personally you'd benefit from different hairstyles more than probably trying to get the hairline changed. A 2nd procedure usually is about refinement and you can probably do that and slightly lower the temporal points and reinforce the temple points but it would need to be done by a really, really good surgeon and you'd have to be wary of what i mentioned above. 

This is why it's so important to look at every person on a case by case basis because unfortunately having a squared off hairline might not be suitable or possible for you as a sensible course. 

OP, you look young and that imo works well for you atm even with the hairline where it sits. You could probably age into it very gracefully too with only a 2nd procedure for refinement. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, SeanToman said:

Thank you everyone, it's super thin in the sun though. :)

Should I have expected better density from a HT?

Then perhaps what you need is a small session to add a little bit of density improvement.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Guessing you mean more the temporal corners, as your actual temple points look really strong as others have said.

Maybe you could, but it seems to be an area that chews through a lot of grafts for every couple of millimeters you lower it.

• Valued Contributor

I say this @SeanToman because once you start bring those temples forward you will need to lower the hairline as well. Have a look at Dr Pitella's Norwood 7 results? You will notice that the temple points aren't touched and they look natural for one reason. The hairlines are created very high. I really feel that at your age your finite grafts remaining, are better kept in the bank, as MPB is progressive over the lifespan. I wish I had better advice to offer. All the best.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeanToman said:

Thank you, to verify I mean something like this;

image.png.5055c1893bd65549c2c1ed8e68a5e363.pngimage.png.26edc2bbbeb1209d7b8843dba5162403.png

Honestly, the line you have drawn won't give you an appreciable difference imo. 

You would have to close the corners lower based on the normal images you showed from a regular distance. 

7 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Honestly, the line you have drawn won't give you an appreciable difference imo. 

You would have to close the corners lower based on the normal images you showed from a regular distance. 

Thanks, could you provide an example?

I might stick with Gatsby's advice :)

Edited by SeanToman

26 minutes ago, SeanToman said:

Thanks, could you provide an example?

I might stick with Gatsby's advice :)

I'm using a phone and pretty limited in the fine line type stuff, but basically in my eyes, to maintain a good symmetry with your face and hairline, something like the following would need to be done and that's probably not including the grafts required to reinforce your existing HT. Which is why perhaps it wouldn't be sensible to probably try and tweak the design too much. 

You could try adding additional density to the existing design and maybe try adjusting the temporal corner and temple point angle, but it's up to you whether you visually will see enough difference in the design you posted for the grafts used. 

IMG_20220712_144724.png

• Thanks 1

Hi Sean, 

As some have said I don't think I would do work on temple points. Usually the people who get temple points are the people who have no temple points to begin with or those are who trying to frame their face with their transplant new hairline..

In your case, I understand that you might see your forehead wide in your photos but you still have temple points. 

I have drawn a quick hairline and temple point for you, respecting the natural design that you have already but bringing it all a few millimeters forward. Whatever decision you do, always make sure it's done with the right clinic. It would be catastrophic to have thick hairs hanging on the sides of your head

I trust your judgement

image.png.747ea719d5352450dc77b29a2aea7544.png

Good luck dude

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Sean

Your temple points look great! I’m with a few others here. If you do feel the need for a second pass, then you could try and bring up the density in the hairline. 

Also, even though temple points can do wonders, and frame the face well, it really depends on the color of your hair, skin and other cosmetic factors. I’ve seen a few examples of blonde and red headed guys getting pronounced work (too dark, too uniform) therefore unnatural. In your case, you have a really natural density flow from Vellus to full in the temples. There a few top surgeons that could get close, but wouldn’t better what you have IMO. 

4 hours ago, SeanToman said:

Thank you, to verify I mean something like this;

image.png.5055c1893bd65549c2c1ed8e68a5e363.pngimage.png.26edc2bbbeb1209d7b8843dba5162403.png

You look great and shouldn't get too woried about temples. One thing I would add  the design above would create a very feminine hairline.

• Administrators

I wouldn’t add temple points, if anything I would soften the transition point. 

EBC563B7-C80C-429D-80C1-03F50B5993AE.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

58 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I wouldn’t add temple points, if anything I would soften the transition point. 

EBC563B7-C80C-429D-80C1-03F50B5993AE.jpeg

Hi, this isn't transplanted hair roots, it's the tips of my hair.