BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Podcast with Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Simon Pimstone July 6th

• Administrators

Hey guys,

As some of you know, I had a great interview last year with Dr. Hasson. Co-creator of his new patented topical finasteride formula. The formula uses a mesh gel technology that traps the finasteride on the scalp, and keeps it from penetrating and going systemic. Based on their studies, the amount of systemic absorption for their 2.5% formula is the same as 0.001% formulas. Moreover, this formula has been given to hundreds of patients with excellent results.

July 6th I’ll be joined by Dr. Hasson and Dr. Pimstone, who has a background in Pharmaceutical R&D. I know you all have had questions about the percentage of finasteride, the safety, and most importantly the STUDIES!! Well, this is a great chance to interact with them LIVE. Ask them anything you want. This will be their official launch. Join us at 4 PM pacific time! More details to come.

51A10FFE-C962-4576-A5AE-70015C8E961B.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Here’s my questions

whys the fin percentage so high? Isn’t higher than 5mg if you convert it to oral.

Whats the percentage of side effects?

What kind of studies did they do? Double-blind placebo

Can u microdose? 

Those are some good questions keep en coming. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

That's a great news  it  not going systemic. How about applying it on side and back areas? I believe some research was done that all scalp hair eventualy is impacted by dht at some point , oral fin takes care of that but question is will topical cause overdose? If not, will there  be enough gel in a bottle for entire head for a month? Thanks

• Like 1

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, trynagetaHT said:

Would appreciate learning if they plan making it cheaper any time soon. $100 a month is a lot.

I doubt they will, as this is specialized formula. Topical dutasteride may be a better value, as it will only be applied once per week. You can ask about that. 

View my thread

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, civic said:

That's a great news  it  not going systemic. How about applying it on side and back areas? I believe some research was done that all scalp hair eventualy is impacted by dht at some point , oral fin takes care of that but question is will topical cause overdose? If not, will there  be enough gel in a bottle for entire head for a month? Thanks

Good question, because it is a local medication. You would need to apply it to the donor, which is a waste. But, we could ask about donor hair DHT resistance. 

• Like 2

View my thread

Will there be discussion about the topical dutasteride they are working on? Would like to know what they’ve seen in studies about scalp dht inhibited by topical dutasteride vs oral.

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Like 3

• Administrators
Just now, Tiger2050 said:

Will there be discussion about the topical dutasteride they are working on? Would like to know what they’ve seen in studies about scalp dht inhibited by topical dutasteride vs oral.

Absolutely, we’re gonna talk about EVERYTHING! 

• Like 1

View my thread

I would like to add a few things to some of the research if it isnt already being asked.

- From the standpoint of the doctor who is researching or I guess applying this drug to market could we have them explain what the drug is? (I know its obviously topical dut. but an explanation would be nice)

- Is there good quality evidence that the new drug has an efficacy advantage over existing therapy? 

- What other comparable was the compound corresponded against in terms of existing drug therapies (topical)

- What patients would this most likely effect and who are most vulnerable in terms of side effects. (ex: younger men, perhaps women, etc.)

- Other than the formula, what about this drug separates it from other compounds on the current market. (is it FDA approved, does it hold any type of tests that other drugs do not)

--------

Separate question, while you may have the current doctors, what are their thoughts on future drugs that are coming up. Are there any studies they find that could potentially replace our current market of surgeries, medications, or androgenetic/autoimmune alopecia? (I have always been personally curious about the way people in this profession see the outlook on what they do)

Last question do these surgeons ever see autologous regrowth of hair follicles happening? (Ex: Regenera or acellular matrix) Basically using your the bodys tissue, fat, skin, and hair follicle to try and regrow some 'stem cells' or other unspecialized cells to grow into that type of surrounding cell. In other words, encouraging the empty space around it to copy everything else similar. This is kind of like PRP but more direct if that makes sense?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Unrelated @Melvin- Moderator, but could you tell us what Dr Pitella said about finasteride as his answer cut off before we could hear

I posted it on our Instagram page. 

View my thread

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Antlor said:

Are the doctors looking for volunteers of topical dutasteride to test its efficacy?

I believe they already know it’s effective, but a good question is whether they’ll be offering a free one-year supply for a review. 

View my thread

• Administrators

Also, guys, if you’re interested in getting a free year supply and you don’t mind being shown in the podcast send me a pm. 

View my thread

8 hours ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Here’s my questions

What kind of studies did they do? Double-blind placebo

To add onto RandoBrando's question, I'd love to see comparisons between a placebo AND a comparison between a typical topical dut formulation that you might get from someone like Dr. Mwamba who has a pharmacy manufacture it for him

• Like 1

“Free supply if you appear on the podcast” with all due respect this seems more like a sales pitch than a podcast. Has anyone seen the clinical trials from this product, because the product on sale now and I can’t find no clinical trials released for the product, which is fishy to me .