3 months mark (90 days) tomorrow after HT and not much happening

57 minutes ago, Botch me baby said:

I can see that it's definitely improved a little bit compared to month 3. So that's positive. 

If you've done your homework and chosen the right surgeon then all you can do at this stage is "trust da process bruh", be patient and hope for the best. 

I'd try to stay optimistic so far. 

Some people grow faster than others. 

The 4-month mark is still super early and doesn't mean much so don't worry at this stage. 

The 6-8 month mark will already give you a better idea/overview of what the result is going to look like. 

Yeah bro, I'm not stressing like I did when I made the post because I know it's going on the right direction and that most people see the spectacular grow during month 4 or 5

This post is now more a report on how things are evolving

• Like 1

4 months update:

Good news, last week was the week I saw the most growth !

It's starting to fill in even on the right-side of the hairline

People were right looking back on this 3rd month there was quite a bit of progress between the start and the end of the month

Postives: Daily improvements (people notice a visual change now)

Negatives: Under the light it's still thin and hard to notice a change in pictures

2E113171-91EB-42DF-9CC6-17DB5F2C2031.jpg

• Like 1

4 months + 5 days update:

Hey guys,

Definitely growing now, in the evening when it's a little darker outside it's starting to look good

Positives:

• Day to day not impressive but when I look at 3-4 days backwards there is a real difference.
  • If it keeps growing like the last 10 days I could have a really good result in September already (around the 6 month mark)

Negatives:

• Still holes with no hair (especially on the right side of the hairline)
  • Hair is still pretty thin under the sun or harsh lightning you can see through it (even though it's better than a few weeks ago on that aspect too)
  • Pretty uneven growth some implanted hair are really long, other just popped the last few days. I'm gonna get my hair shorter when my barber comes back from holidays ( in 10 days)

If you have questions shoot

380AEF17-CFF7-49A5-BDE7-EBE7EECB1EE2.jpg

258976A1-878E-4D36-99C0-FB4BE43FF80C.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

I will use this thread as a reference point to those who prematurely worry. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

32 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I will use this thread as a reference point to those who prematurely worry. 

No problem Melvin, I will keep updating every 4-5 days until the 1 year mark

4 months + 9 days update

Hey guys another update

Still growing at a decent speed, more and more dense too

The sun and harsh lights are still not my friends though

33C6763D-12B2-479D-A381-79B1E4BADC3B.jpg

43C91F97-5A64-4798-BDBD-1A17CFBB9C83.jpg

813B8D91-D375-45A7-8007-2E2EF43A7FF8.jpg

521568BD-17A2-467E-A3B5-4E27970E27D8.jpg

Nick,

in site you’ve already been inundated with replies saying the same thing but let me assure you that new transplanted hair growth typically only starts between 3 to 5 months after surgery.   When hair starts to grow in, it comes in as thin, fine and colorless and over the next 9 to 15 months, the hair will darken, thicken and mature.

Note also that just because you don’t see signs of new growth yet, it doesn’t mean that happening.

I know from personal experience just how much anxiety this can produce but surgical hair restoration is a process that takes time, trust and patience.  Hang in there and as king as you’ve selected a reputable surgeon, you should start seeing signs of new growth soon.

Actually, it’s been over a month since you created this topic - I haven’t seen any of the recent posts but I imagine you have started seeing signs of growth by now?

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Nick,

I just went up and looked and see that you’re already seeing a lot of growth at a steady rate. That’s great and I’m sure this makes you feel much better.   Keep the updates coming 🙂.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

12 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Nick,

I just went up and looked and see that you’re already seeing a lot of growth at a steady rate. That’s great and I’m sure this makes you feel much better.   Keep the updates coming 🙂.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Thanks Rahal.

Yeah it did take me a good 3,5 months to see constant improvement.

On a daily basis you don't see that much of an evolution but when you check the difference between the first pictures and those I posted today a lot happened in a 1month (and a bit)

Looking forward to September as the last 2 weeks is when I saw the most growth at that rate I guess my HT could go unnoticed by then.

I basically use this post to keep people update and to reassure slow growers (as what is mostly posted on YT is fast growth). I even think some YTbers lie on the timeline of their growth

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

4 months + 9 days update

Hey guys another update

Still growing at a decent speed, more and more dense too

The sun and harsh lights are still not my friends though

33C6763D-12B2-479D-A381-79B1E4BADC3B.jpg

43C91F97-5A64-4798-BDBD-1A17CFBB9C83.jpg

813B8D91-D375-45A7-8007-2E2EF43A7FF8.jpg

521568BD-17A2-467E-A3B5-4E27970E27D8.jpg

Any improvement is a good sign as long as it is happening! It keeps you optimistic and I am sure you will have great results soon. I wanted to ask you about redness. Is it still there or going away?

1 hour ago, kumardarshan said:

Any improvement is a good sign as long as it is happening! It keeps you optimistic and I am sure you will have great results soon. I wanted to ask you about redness. Is it still there or going away?

It has started to fade since a few weeks

I made a few mistakes with sun that probably didn't help: once ate lunch under bright sunlight for 20 min an ran for 1h in the morning without a cap

But redness can last until 6 months after the HT

Month 4 + 15 days update

Growing, still a bit concerned about the lack of density on the right side of the hairline.

Comparing to what I expected my growth to be at this point I would rate it a bit under average.

It's still visible that I got a HT

24255C60-3360-4D05-8D60-CB7A891408D4.jpg

CABB3F73-6446-4D2A-AC2F-68EE354898AA.jpg

EFE401B1-CB30-43A5-88AA-2A8790B600E9.jpg

After barber + donor update

I have a very good barber so it's starting to come together pretty well when I get an haircut

Also I never posted my donor so here it is, with a 5mm fade, you can see I was harvested but I don't think it was a massacre ?

ACC1EE81-BD36-4A92-8C31-7CDF0B4003FE.jpg

FF91D922-C697-47BE-8136-EF84B011226B.jpg

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7195.JPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SeanToman said:

Coming along nicely :)

At four months I was in the same boat as you;
image.png.7645b7ed46a4d4e5b3fbf6f2a3a44496.png
image.png.4e2f2d7118867270683bc91f3d0bef

Here is ten months;
image.png.105a8a1ae5fc91deaad7c1383a1a9fb2.png
image.png.0d1b4c58c36edea652a48ec6f3bb22

Looks great bro, indeed our 4 months pics look similar 

I already had more grow these last 2 weeks than the whole 3rd month post op

How many grafts did you have implanted?
I had 3750, I think you're in that range too

8 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Looks great bro, indeed our 4 months pics look similar 

I already had more grow these last 2 weeks than the whole 3rd month post op

How many grafts did you have implanted?
I had 3750, I think you're in that range too

Amazing, yeah between month 5-7 you'll see a big difference. :)
Your hair looks thicker also, so you'll likely have better results.

Had around 3400 grafts personally, here is the original thread if you're interested in having a look;

Edited by SeanToman
  • Like 1

It's looking great! Also - in my experience, the donor area even improved over time, so that harvested look you're seeing could also very likely start to balance out once everything stabilizes a bit more. You could probably even cut it even shorter in the future.  

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

17 hours ago, pkipling said:

It's looking great! Also - in my experience, the donor area even improved over time, so that harvested look you're seeing could also very likely start to balance out once everything stabilizes a bit more. You could probably even cut it even shorter in the future.  

That's great to hear !

I'm excited for this month & september

On 8/6/2022 at 7:38 PM, SeanToman said:

Here is ten months;

Your hair looks amazing! There are small bumps still noticeable, do they go away with time?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, braun453 said:

Your hair looks amazing! There are small bumps still noticeable, do they go away with time?

Thank you! Not entirely sure.  I assume so.
Doesn't bother me though and they're not actually noticeable in person, the camera exposure really highlights them. :)

On 8/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, SeanToman said:

Here is ten months;

Thanks a lot for sharing this. Right now, that 4 months picture is the epitome of how people begin to freak out their results are compromised yet your 10 months looks amazing in comparison. 

This is why i've said on my own thread for my HT it's mentally something you need to knuckle down to experience and push past 

• Like 1

Yeah, what an amazing difference between 4 months compared to 10 months!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY