Dr.Pinto (Portugal)

Hi guys I would love you to heard your opinion,

I'm living in Porto, and I want to do a HT.

I was informed that Dr.Bruno is one of the best in Portugal, but the price is 3,5€/ graft...

I found that Dr.Pinto is as good as Dr.Bruno, and less expensive (2,6€/graft). I just need to wait until 2023...

I heard that a lot of people did a lot of research on in. Could you tell me if I does well the temples ? Mine are disappearing...

I heard to that he as have a good reputation in forums of Spain

20220614_215601.jpg

20220614_215542.jpg

Edited by Alex94gasp

• Administrators

I’ve seen some good work from Dr. Pinto, particularly with @JDEE0 I would also look at Dr. De Freitas in Spain. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I had a consultation with Dr. Pinto’s clinic recently and they come off as very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Supposedly, he only does one patient a day and likes to be in control of the entire procedure. I wish I got my hair transplant from him in the first place. 

• Like 1

I asked a few days ago, and they told me 2,6€/graft. And Dr.Bruno Ferreira is on 3,5€.

Now I live in Porto, and it's actually close to me, so I will try to go with Dr. Pinto.

If not, I may try with Dr. Freitas in Spain 

• Like 1

They are friends? Didn't know.

But makes sense, they are both in Porto!

Well with the life we have in Portugal with the salary, it's not applicable the 3,5€/graft. The minimum is 740€/month

But well, I will call later to confime with Dr.Pinto and make sure they make an appointment for me. 

In my town, don't need to travel, I think is a safe bet.

16 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Supposedly, he only does one patient a day and likes to be in control of the entire procedure.

This is true, I had surgery with him almost 4 weeks ago. Not only is he the only one who touches your head, but he will explain each step of the surgery beforehand, and will also narrate what he's doing while he's performing the surgery itself. He does not give any sedatives on the day of surgery because he specifically wants you to be awake and lucid so that you can communicate with him the entire time. Too early to tell if my result will be good, but great doctor and clinic experience overall.

18 hours ago, shadowcast said:

This is true, I had surgery with him almost 4 weeks ago. Not only is he the only one who touches your head, but he will explain each step of the surgery beforehand, and will also narrate what he's doing while he's performing the surgery itself. He does not give any sedatives on the day of surgery because he specifically wants you to be awake and lucid so that you can communicate with him the entire time. Too early to tell if my result will be good, but great doctor and clinic experience overall.

That's awesome. A good sign that he's passionate about what he does as opposed to prioritizing financial gain. Was the procedure painful? I'd rather be sedated, but I wouldn't mind being awake the entire procedure if it was worth it in the end. 

I recently had surgery with Dr. Pinto and would just echo what @shadowcast says above about the experience and his great communication. The hair nerds here would absolutely love him as he talks with passion about every aspect of the HT!
Regarding pain, he uses local injections on the scalp to numb it. So the only pain is really when you're getting these done. He's careful to try make it as painless as possible though and encourages you to let him know if you feel discomfort at any stage.

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

44 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Was the procedure painful? I'd rather be sedated, but I wouldn't mind being awake the entire procedure if it was worth it in the end. 

I have also had surgery with a different doctor who gave me valium - it makes no difference for pain, it's just to calm your nerves. Either way, the surgery is easy. I have had worse times at the dentist office.

Alex,

i’m personally not familiar with Dr. Pinto but it sounds like a lot of people on this forum are. Just be sure generally speaking that you’ve taken the time to research each doctor you’re considering and use this and other forums to view patient and clinic posted results.  In my opinion, it’s better to have the peace of mind to go to a physician with a proven track record of producing excellent results than one where there’s guesswork. 

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I was sedated for mine, don't remember a thing.  I just know I woke up to the surgery before over.  Last thing I remembered was talking to anesthesiologist.  

Check out my journey here:

On 6/14/2022 at 10:58 PM, Alex94gasp said:

Hi guys I would love you to heard your opinion,

I'm living in Porto, and I want to do a HT.

I was informed that Dr.Bruno is one of the best in Portugal, but the price is 3,5€/ graft...

I found that Dr.Pinto is as good as Dr.Bruno, and less expensive (2,6€/graft). I just need to wait until 2023...

I heard that a lot of people did a lot of research on in. Could you tell me if I does well the temples ? Mine are disappearing...

I heard to that he as have a good reputation in forums of Spain

20220614_215601.jpg

20220614_215542.jpg

Check the Spanish forums, he probably has the most patient posted results out of them all, and they are pretty much all knockouts, his temple points are some of the best I've seen in terms of softness other than Konior

Failed transplants for 3000 grafts at ASMED clinic, destroyed donor and recipient

3 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Alex,

i’m personally not familiar with Dr. Pinto but it sounds like a lot of people on this forum are. Just be sure generally speaking that you’ve taken the time to research each doctor you’re considering and use this and other forums to view patient and clinic posted results.  In my opinion, it’s better to have the peace of mind to go to a physician with a proven track record of producing excellent results than one where there’s guesswork. 

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Could you please tell me what type of questions I should ask? 

Thank you

53 minutes ago, Nccan said:

Check the Spanish forums, he probably has the most patient posted results out of them all, and they are pretty much all knockouts, his temple points are some of the best I've seen in terms of softness other than Konior

Could you please send me the forums to search? Thank you :)

On 6/17/2022 at 6:14 AM, Alex94gasp said:

Soo, do you advice doing an HR with Dr. Pinto? The hair after the transplant stays natural?

Yes and yes, but I don't think he's taking new patients at the moment.

23 hours ago, Nccan said:

He did some temple work on me, he uses very fine hairs and a small implanter that feels more like a toothpick.

Edited by shadowcast

• 4 months later...
On 6/15/2022 at 12:40 PM, Alex94gasp said:

They are friends? Didn't know.

But makes sense, they are both in Porto!

Well with the life we have in Portugal with the salary, it's not applicable the 3,5€/graft. The minimum is 740€/month

But well, I will call later to confime with Dr.Pinto and make sure they make an appointment for me. 

In my town, don't need to travel, I think is a safe bet.

"Bruno" es el nombre de ambos cirujanos (Bruno Pinto y Bruno Ferreira).

Y sí, son amigos y trabajaron juntos en una clínica en España antes de montar su propia clínica.

Aquí tenéis fotos recientes publicadas en el Foro Español relacionadas con un congreso celebrado en Oporto el pasado mes de julio:

htpps://i.imgur.com/tFykDbv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fLJPRa7.jpg

Edited by LatinBald

• Valued Contributor
On 6/15/2022 at 6:58 AM, Alex94gasp said:

I would go with the surgeon who you honestly feel is best for your hair loss needs first and foremost. I wouldn't worry about a slight savings or a time waiting period. This is for life so you will be looking at your results in the mirror everyday for the rest of your life. All the best!

Tha

7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I would go with the surgeon who you honestly feel is best for your hair loss needs first and foremost. I wouldn't worry about a slight savings or a time waiting period. This is for life so you will be looking at your results in the mirror everyday for the rest of your life. All the best!

Thank you! 

I mean I already go to an appointment with Bruno Ferreira. Now I'm waiting for the appointment with Bruno Pinto. 

As you said, is for life, so I want to know both opinions

Here is the opinion of Bruno Ferreira: 

Edited by Alex94gasp
  • Like 1