Conor McGregor Steroids and Hair Loss

Is Conor on PEDs  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't be on PED'S as long as he's an active fighter on the UFC roster, USADA randomly drug tests them once a month, no matter where he is in the world. If he fails the random drug tests he gets a suspension for minimum of 1 year and a hefty fine.

• Like 1

Just want to get this out of the way. I'm not advocating for a no-lifting approach.

You should be working out heavy and often. Along with low intensity sustained cardio.

But if you're also prone to MPB, get on FIN as well to be safe.

10 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

Can't be on PED'S as long as he's an active fighter on the UFC roster, USADA randomly drug tests them once a month, no matter where he is in the world. If he fails the random drug tests he gets a suspension for minimum of 1 year and a hefty fine.

You probably might be surprised how much of a joke drug testing is in professional sports. It's actually so bad it would be funny if it wasn't sad at guys who may not be using and putting their lives on the line or missing out on success against cheats. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NARMAK said:

You probably might be surprised how much of a joke drug testing is in professional sports. It's actually so bad it would be funny if it wasn't sad at guys who may not be using and putting their lives on the line or missing out on success against cheats. 

USADA within the UFC has the most strict and rigorous testing in all of sports. 

30 minutes ago, JonDoe said:

USADA within the UFC has the most strict and rigorous testing in all of sports. 

If you believe that, would you also like to purchase a very historic and famous bridge i have for sale? 

:D

• Haha 5

I noticed his crown thinning 2 or 3 years ago. He broke his foot last July and hasn't been able to kick since, so he got into weightlifting only in the last year. 

Therefore I don't think the two are related. 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

If you believe that, would you also like to purchase a very historic and famous bridge i have for sale? 

:D

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2485221-ufc-reveals-details-of-usada-controlled-anti-doping-program

"The new program will adhere to the code published by the World Anti-Doping Agency. It will use blood and urine collection practices, and fighters will be given no notice before a test takes place. Tygart also said that USADA will use carbon isotope ratio testing (CIR) as well as testing for EPO."

• Administrators

Based on MPMD video, he hasn’t been drug tested the whole year. I think his size and leanness is more indicative of steroids than the hair loss itself. But I really do hate when a muscular guy is balding, it’s automatically “steroids.” Definitely not true. Big misconception that steroids cause balding. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Mcgregor looked perfectly fine bald. HT wasnt necessary. I doubt he'll use any medication, maybe minoxidil/dermaroller. Btw he did his HT after Porier pointed out his receding hairline during a staredown lol

He kinda shot himself in the foot (like I did)

But all of this shows that you can be the most famous, have a godlike physique, 100s of millions, NBA superstar and still feel bad about having no hair. This obsession for perfection probably made them big in the first place tho

• Haha 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SimpleLife said:

Mcgregor looked perfectly fine bald. HT wasnt necessary. I doubt he'll use any medication, maybe minoxidil/dermaroller. Btw he did his HT after Porier pointed out his receding hairline during a staredown lol

He kinda shot himself in the foot (like I did)

But all of this shows that you can be the most famous, have a godlike physique, 100s of millions, NBA superstar and still feel bad about having no hair. This obsession for perfection probably made them big in the first place tho

To be honest, the only reason he looks good buzzed is because he has hair. The bald horse shoe pattern looks awful. In the end, hair matters no matter how you look at it. Unless you just concede to be bald like Rogan. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

View my thread

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, BaldBobby said:

Was he referring to keto shampoo?

No, he was referring to some shampoo that exfoliates the scalp, it was pure nonsense. 

• Haha 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

To be honest, the only reason he looks good buzzed is because he has hair. The bald horse shoe pattern looks awful. In the end, hair matters no matter how you look at it. Unless you just concede to be bald like Rogan. 

Agreed

But some people can get away with it. For example it doesnt look bad on Glover Texeira who is fighting this week

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2022 at 8:43 PM, JonDoe said:

Lots of guys get busted, lots of guys avoid getting busted. Pretty much all of them are doing sneaky stuff and taking other stuff that masks the proper stuff, and then get busted for taking the masking stuff because that's also considered banned stuff.

Active fighters definitely CAN be on PEDs. Also, Conor isn't on active status as far as I know.

- Update on McGregor's hair transplant 

Photo taken August 26th 2022. Clearly he is not on any medication and his hair transplant looks worse than it did in April! 

I believe he got it around December 2021? He should be at 8 or 9 month's now, this is not looking good at all for him. But at least it isn't pluggy Turkish grafts!

What do you guys think?

image.png.d64d0cfb0a7f2d415c599cbff7c5f6fa.png

Edited by Ryan Daniel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Photo taken August 26th 2022. Clearly he is not on any medication and his hair transplant looks worse than it did in April! 

I believe he got it around December 2021? He should be at 8 or 9 month's now, this is not looking good at all for him. But at least it isn't pluggy Turkish grafts!

What do you guys think?

For 8-9 months, that frontal hairline isn't looking great. Its really gappy and he's going to need another procedure to sort that lack of density out. 

There's little chance new growths probably going to happen but some little hairs in the frontal hairline might thicken up. 

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

What do you guys think?

Growth looks sparse for 8 months. We’ll have to wait and see how it improves over the next few months. 

View my thread

21 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

What do you guys think?

literally just seen this on Twitter, that’s truly an awful job, got to be a Turkish hairmill or a UK clinic lol 🙈🙈

On 6/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Based on MPMD video, he hasn’t been drug tested the whole year. I think his size and leanness is more indicative of steroids than the hair loss itself. But I really do hate when a muscular guy is balding, it’s automatically “steroids.” Definitely not true. Big misconception that steroids cause balding. 

Very true. More natural testosterone in the body means that it’s easier to gain muscle. More testosterone also affects hair loss, so the two can often go hand in hand. A muscular balding man isn’t automatically on steroids. It must really piss off the baldies who have put so much effort in at the gym, to automatically be accused of juicing up. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

What do you guys think?

Damn, his 8 months is not looking good at all...

Check out my journey here:

You guys are basing some of the conclusions that each factors is not mutually exclusive and independent of one another. Even if you take steroids it will not be the reason you lose hair. The reason most people lose hair is their hair follicles sensitivity to DHT. You could have steroid level DHT and still not lose hair if you hair follicles are not sensitive. Perhaps as a side effect hairs that are sensitive would fall out sooner. But it wouldn't be the sole factor you lose the hair. Perhaps the hair reached a level where its threshold is not able to resist that DHT level, thing is you cant really go "ok I went from 10% dht then took anabolics to 90% dht and my hair will only be affected at 91%." No one really knows.

The case where people are saying its your genetic disposition to whether or not you would lose hair is more accurate. 

Also the statement that working out is the cause of hair loss is very false. That would be like saying everyone who drinks water will die... everyone drinks water and everyone will eventually pass away but not because one causes the other. 

But to answer the question, do I believe Mcgreggor is on performance enhancing drugs and is taking medication is yes to both. I think if he is taking anabolics hes probably taking pills and taking a form of dutasteride to cover some of the anabolics. (depending on the type of drug test they perform fin/dut can sometimes be 'helpful')

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022