For those of you who have been to Eugenix from the US, how long did you stay in Delhi post transplant? Also what did you do for food, and housing outside of the complimentary 2 nights included in the package?

My HT is scheduled for the 3, 4 of June. The clinic said I can leave on the 5th. Is that too soon? or should I stay longer? Should I stay to get my first hair wash in the clinic, or is that not necessary?

Also how was the double tree hotel by Hilton that the clinic put you in? nice? clean? luxury or a dump? Where do you suggest staying beyond the complementary nights included by the clinic? What was the average rate of the hotels? I am seeing around $80/night for a 4/5 start hotel online

Also what did you do for food? Does the hotel provide any free meals, or do you have to purchase food from the hotel, or outside the premises? Also how expensive was food bought in the hotel or outside. I am trying to figure out how much cash to bring. did you guys exchange US dollars for INR, or just use debit/credit cards? 

Also does the hotel provide you with outlets for american electronic like iPhone and computer chargers? or do you bring your own? 

Also what other expenses did you have? taxis/uber? ride back to airport etc, meds from the clinic? 

thanks in advance 

Edited by johnphillip

I didn't get a HT in New Delhi, but I visited there a couple of years ago. Hotels in India are pretty cheap. You can get pretty good quality ones for about $10-30 a night. Of course, you'd have to deal with the discomfort of traveling to different accommodations within the city. If you're obviously a foreigner, you'd get hassled a lot by people trying to get you to ride their rickshaws or asking for money.

In the places I stayed in India, they didn't provide outlet converters for American electronics. You should probably bring your own. Amazon has good ones. If you're planning on spending money in Western establishments, then you can mostly use credit/debit card, but I remember having to use quite a bit of cash outside of that. 

Edited by AlexMeister21
  • Like 1

Hi! I’ll be following you there in August and have/had the same questions. Go ahead and read @MazABfull story. It’ll have most of your questions answered. Some like to stay for the professional head washes, and peace of mind/stability for flying back to the US. 

• Like 1

I'm not traveling to Eugenix for surgery, but I am traveling for a HT very soon. 

Days 1-3: Surgery

Day 4: Going to the clinic for a cleaning

Day 5: Going home

I've been told - in a perfect world - you want to avoid traveling for 3 days post op in case there is swelling or other uncomfortable things you are dealing with post-op. 

But literally, even if you do have swelling - that won't effect the results. The only thing that will effect the results post op is if you bang your head hard enough in the first 10 days post surgery, or scratch the grafts hard enough while you are sleeping or something. 

So even if you do fly back the day right after surgery, and you are really swollen, itchy, sleep deprived, that still won't effect the result. Only banging your head or scratching the grafts will. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

I stayed at the Doubletree Hilton Baani Square. Its 2 mins away from the clinic and in terms of amenities, i wouldn't call it a typical 5* hotel. Its solid and the room is nice and clean but there can be ants, really tiny ants so don't leave any food uncovered and in the open. My mini fridge was busted but they eventually replaced it as soon as i asked. 

I would say the shower is a bit slippy, so be careful about getting in and out. The other thing as well i noticed was the shower towel they had in front of the doors basically got dragged along every time you open and closed the door. The hair dryer was a bit busted up too. The lifts were also constantly getting out of order and they're pretty bad when that happens to get around. They're also quite narrow.

I would say the hotel lobby and dining area is nice enough but if you book via Eugenix, the rate will be lower, 4000 Indian Rupees + Tax including Breakfast. You'll have to convert that to USD. 

I would say it may be a hotel closer to a 3* in a developed country in terms of amenities. 

I personally stayed a bit longer. I tried to schedule 3 days post surgery but my procedure went over 2 days which is actually a credit to the clinic willing to make sure the end result is what it should be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

I stayed at the Doubletree Hilton Baani Square. Its 2 mins away from the clinic and in terms of amenities, i wouldn't call it a typical 5* hotel. Its solid and the room is nice and clean but there can be ants, really tiny ants so don't leave any food uncovered and in the open. My mini fridge was busted but they eventually replaced it as soon as i asked. 

I would say the shower is a bit slippy, so be careful about getting in and out. The other thing as well i noticed was the shower towel they had in front of the doors basically got dragged along every time you open and closed the door. The hair dryer was a bit busted up too. The lifts were also constantly getting out of order and they're pretty bad when that happens to get around. They're also quite narrow.

I would say the hotel lobby and dining area is nice enough but if you book via Eugenix, the rate will be lower, 4000 Indian Rupees + Tax including Breakfast. You'll have to convert that to USD. 

I would say it may be a hotel closer to a 3* in a developed country in terms of amenities. 

I personally stayed a bit longer. I tried to schedule 3 days post surgery but my procedure went over 2 days which is actually a credit to the clinic willing to make sure the end result is what it should be. 

would you recommend staying there after the procedure, or do to a diff hotel?

Also, where did you buy good/get food outside of the free hotel breakfast? 

How long did you stay post op? i

45 minutes ago, johnphillip said:

would you recommend staying there after the procedure, or do to a diff hotel?

Also, where did you buy good/get food outside of the free hotel breakfast? 

How long did you stay post op? i

I would say staying there's actually perfectly fine. I would have stayed there again if i had to go all over again. 

The lounge chair can also be used post-op to sleep in with a few strategic pillow placements for support on the back etc. 

Breakfast was included in the room price. As for elsewhere like lunch etc. i got really fortunate in that i had another member i connected with whilst there and he had Zomato already set up and we ordered on his app for lunch or dinner and also we ate downstairs in the dining area restaurant which isn't too badly priced but the food apps will give you more variety for the pricing value. 

The clinic will include lunch on the days you have your procedure. So you can also only have to plan dinner on those days. There's a shop down from the hotel where i couldn't use my card there, but if you have cash, you can buy some cheap snacks and soft drinks. 

Overall, i would say its better to stick with that hotel due to proximity to the clinic and they handle the airport transfers etc. and you benefit from the corporate rate.

• Like 1

Hey john, you've gotten some answers already so I'll add a few:

Included costs
- Double Tree was excellent, I'd give it a 4 out of 5. I brought outlet adapters but every outlet had standard North American plugs.
- Breakfast is included with each night stay and very good. I ate like a king every morning and tried lots of different foods. It's a full buffet with a wide variety.
- Lunch on surgery days is bought by Eugenix (they ask what you want). I asked for a pretty large serving each time and ended up bringing half the food back to the hotel to eat for dinner later. It's cliche, but the butter chicken knocked me on my ass it was so good.
- All meds provided by the clinic.

Extra costs
- I stayed 3 extra nights, leaving on the third night. It was super affordable (I think about $200 CAD) and I had a long flight home, so I wanted the extra time for the grafts to anchor and to relax. I brought video games and books.
- On those extra nights for dinner I ordered room service, and it wasn't too bad (about $10-$15). But honestly I ate so much during breakfast and brought fruit up to my room, so was never really short on food. Apparently Zomato is cheaper but I couldn't get it to work.
- For my surgery I pad 90% of it in advance with Wise (wire transfer) because I didn't want to pay the credit card charge on the full amount. I paid the remainder by credit card.
- In total I brought about $200 CAD in cash and converted it to INR at the airport. I tipped pretty frequently although it's not expected, and still came home with about $60 worth of INR.

That's really it for my expenses. I also purchased a slightly roomier aisle seat for the flight home, which was personal preference (although I do recommend if it's a long flight).

• Like 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

1 hour ago, rob7331 said:

Hey john, you've gotten some answers already so I'll add a few:

Included costs
- Double Tree was excellent, I'd give it a 4 out of 5. I brought outlet adapters but every outlet had standard North American plugs.
- Breakfast is included with each night stay and very good. I ate like a king every morning and tried lots of different foods. It's a full buffet with a wide variety.
- Lunch on surgery days is bought by Eugenix (they ask what you want). I asked for a pretty large serving each time and ended up bringing half the food back to the hotel to eat for dinner later. It's cliche, but the butter chicken knocked me on my ass it was so good.
- All meds provided by the clinic.

Extra costs
- I stayed 3 extra nights, leaving on the third night. It was super affordable (I think about $200 CAD) and I had a long flight home, so I wanted the extra time for the grafts to anchor and to relax. I brought video games and books.
- On those extra nights for dinner I ordered room service, and it wasn't too bad (about $10-$15). But honestly I ate so much during breakfast and brought fruit up to my room, so was never really short on food. Apparently Zomato is cheaper but I couldn't get it to work.
- For my surgery I pad 90% of it in advance with Wise (wire transfer) because I didn't want to pay the credit card charge on the full amount. I paid the remainder by credit card.
- In total I brought about $200 CAD in cash and converted it to INR at the airport. I tipped pretty frequently although it's not expected, and still came home with about $60 worth of INR.

That's really it for my expenses. I also purchased a slightly roomier aisle seat for the flight home, which was personal preference (although I do recommend if it's a long flight).

thanks for this great write up.

so you left before the hair wash? which day after the HT is the hair wash exactly?

is Zomato like grubhub, where you use paypal or debit/credit card to pay?

How much did Wise charge for the transfer, and can I do the transfer while in India?

Also can you do any exploring while you are there after the HT, or do you just rest/relax indoors until its time to go home

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I would say staying there's actually perfectly fine. I would have stayed there again if i had to go all over again. 

The lounge chair can also be used post-op to sleep in with a few strategic pillow placements for support on the back etc. 

Breakfast was included in the room price. As for elsewhere like lunch etc. i got really fortunate in that i had another member i connected with whilst there and he had Zomato already set up and we ordered on his app for lunch or dinner and also we ate downstairs in the dining area restaurant which isn't too badly priced but the food apps will give you more variety for the pricing value. 

The clinic will include lunch on the days you have your procedure. So you can also only have to plan dinner on those days. There's a shop down from the hotel where i couldn't use my card there, but if you have cash, you can buy some cheap snacks and soft drinks. 

Overall, i would say its better to stick with that hotel due to proximity to the clinic and they handle the airport transfers etc. and you benefit from the corporate rate.

thanks for the great advice 

@NARMAK and @rob7331 has pretty much covered everything, few things i wanted to add from my experience

1) if you are planning to stay for more days post op (like 7 days in my case) so try to carry more clothes if possible until your stay as laundry is quite expensive at Double tree.They charge for each individual units. Double tree has shared the price list to me for laundry and i wasn’t careful in reading it. I would have easily  got an extra day at the hotel with the amount i paid for laundry😂😳. Its definitely was mistake from my end and should have read/understand the price list more carefully. Even the receptionist was shocked seeing that amount😂. The manager understood the situation and offered some discount

2) as long as you are staying at double tree you should be fine without universal adapter, but would highly recommend buying one if you are switching hotels. also make sure your phone fully charged when you land, Driver/pick up services will contact you on whatsap. I faced an issue in the past wherein my phone was dead, and couldn’t find universal charging slots(not even USB). i had to buy a an adapter from a shop thats open at that time and it was quite expensive. This time my phone was fully charged before landing.

3) for food other than the complimentary breakfast, i ordered food from restaurant inside the double tree few times(they do the room service). Uber eats in India is acquired by Zomato, I have used zomato to order food from outside, but while signing up you will receive a text for activation, As i don't have a Indian number i had to use get the code on Canadian number(was on roaming initial few days, i was charged 15$/day from my cellular network). If you are planning to order food from outside, you have to pick it from reception(Double tree wont allow the outside delivery guys to drop at room due to security reasons).

4) as for paying for the procedure is concerned, this was only part which i faced some issues during my whole trip and it was an issue from the money transfer service(remitly from Canada) that i choose to  do bank transfer.I planned to do bank transfer just before my travel as the exchange rate is better by bank transfer and also to avoid the credit card fees. My procedure was on Sunday,Monday and i transferred money to eugenix on Friday just before the holiday hours. Initially when i paid to deposit to confirm the procedure, i used the same set of details and transfer went fine (amount for deposit was less). usually gets deposited in 5-10mins. It turned out that  for the current transaction, the money was deducted from my account and was in review the whole time for almost couple of days until the day of procedure as it says its waiting on receipent bank(HDFC) to accept the deposit. I have been on calls with the transfer service company the whole time and they said it was an issue with Recipient bank to accept and being a weekend it might be taking more time than usual.I  explained the situation with people at Eugenix on the day of procedure and they are very supportive and i showed them the screenshots of money getting deducted and they understood the situation

Actual issue and resolution : The reason for this transaction to get on hold is because the reason code i chose for the money transfer wasn’t correct which i didn't realize as it worked fine for the first time during deposit. Remitly(transfer service which i chose from Canada) only have few reason codes that a sender can use to send Money(like personal, family reasons, investment etc). As this is a medical procedure and money is being sent to business/organization(Recipient i s Eugenix hair) and not a person, there is  no matching reason code for the transfer. The reason code which i chose was not accurate and So the recipient bank has deemed this transaction as suspicious and put it on hold. So i have to cancel the transaction for which the refund usually takes 3-10 business days. I decided to cancel the transaction and pay with the credit cards(multiple) as i cannot wait for the refund to process.I ended up paying may be 300$ odd extra due to credit card fee and also exchange rate difference. Eugenix team was really supportive especially Rajat during the whole situation.

*You can use uber for rides(which is quite cheap, I used the canadian account without any issues). But most of the time as i was resting at hotel whole 7 days, Eugenix provides you pick up and drop off every day for your daily donor dressing and airport trasfers
* For US you might require a covid test on your return. I am travelling tonight via US and Satyam(my Concierge) arranged a covid test today at hotel(800Rs INR), a person will be coming to take the test.

Edited by vancan
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

what made you stay 7 days post op? 

I've had 3 HTs thus far, and in none of them did I ever feel like walking around a city playing tourist lol. 

I just wanted to stay until my head wash is done and let the grafts settle down a  little bit, was really nervous flying back early after post op. Apart from Dressing i didn’t even step out as it is hot here.

Edited by vancan

so you left before the hair wash? which day after the HT is the hair wash exactly? - Hair wash is at 7 days I think? Yes I left before, I've already had a HT so I know how to do scab removal and wasn't afraid of it. Honestly staying any longer than 2 full days after surgery is overkill in my opinion. For each day you stay they'll clean your donor area for you, but even that is really just applying lotion and not something you couldn't do on your own.

How much did Wise charge for the transfer, and can I do the transfer while in India? - I can't remember exactly but it was like 1/4 of what it would've cost if I went credit card full amount. You can download Wise and punch in your numbers and it will show you breakdown - it was really easy to use. The transfer takes time though (like 1-2 weeks or something) so you probably can't do it in India, unless you're there for a long time.

Also can you do any exploring while you are there after the HT, or do you just rest/relax indoors until its time to go home - I relaxed in the hotel and had no desire to go outside. It's an incredibly busy city and the air quality is not the greatest, but you could if you wanted.

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• Valued Contributor
42 minutes ago, rob7331 said:

The transfer takes time though (like 1-2 weeks or something) so you probably can't do it in India, unless you're there for a long time.

This must have been why I had trouble transferring funds. Thanks for sharing @rob7331 🙏

14 hours ago, johnphillip said:

My HT is scheduled for the 3, 4 of June. The clinic said I can leave on the 5th. Is that too soon? or should I stay longer? Should I stay to get my first hair wash in the clinic, or is that not necessary?

The headwash is on the 7th day after the transplantation procedure is over. You can either do it at the clinic or do it at home. We will give you a tutorial on how to have a headwash. It depends on you whether you would like to have the headwash in the clinic or at home. Both are okay.

Also how was the double tree hotel by Hilton that the clinic put you in? nice? clean? luxury or a dump? Where do you suggest staying beyond the complementary nights included by the clinic? What was the average rate of the hotels? I am seeing around $80/night for a 4/5 start hotel online

The double tree is a good hotel. $80 per night is the average for hotels.

Also what did you do for food? Does the hotel provide any free meals, or do you have to purchase food from the hotel, or outside the premises? Also how expensive was food bought in the hotel or outside. I am trying to figure out how much cash to bring. did you guys exchange US dollars for INR, or just use debit/credit cards? 

You have restaurants inside the hotel to have your food. You light get complimentary breakfast. You can use your cards here. Provided you take the necessary permissions from your respective bank.

Also does the hotel provide you with outlets for american electronic like iPhone and computer chargers? or do you bring your own? 

You can bring along a universal charger for your electronics.

Also what other expenses did you have? taxis/uber? ride back to airport etc, meds from the clinic? 

The ride to and from the clinic will be provided by us. Unless you decide to go out by yourself and look around, you do not have added expenses.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I don't understand, so there is a 'complimentary' 2 nights included in Eugenix's packages? Wouldn't the package be alot cheaper if these 2 nights weren't added-in?

Doesn't seem very 'complimentary' to me 🤣

It's like "free wifi" in any Hotel 😄

• Haha 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, msoowps said:

Regarding the length of your stay, it's best to follow the clinic's recommendation. They have expertise in post-operative care and will advise you on the appropriate duration for recovery. If they suggest leaving on the 5th day, it's likely because they believe you'll be ready for the next phase of recovery.

As for the first hair wash, it's usually done at the clinic to ensure proper hygiene and technique. It's recommended to have it done there unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.

Regarding the DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton, experiences can vary, but generally, it's a reputable hotel chain known for its comfort and quality. It's worth checking online reviews to get a better idea of what to expect. If you're looking to extend your stay beyond the complementary nights, researching hotels online can help you find options within your budget.

You realize this thread is a year old. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.