M36 | Dr. Bruno Pinto | 1716 grafts | 17 May 2022

2 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

wow 10/10. Amazing result!

Cheers mate!

Funny enough, I was inspired by @Sitries1 refinement with Dr. Ferraira and considering a little touch-up way way way downstream to address a couple weak points. Hard to be unhappy, but also hard not get greedy in my position.

But that’s maybe a year+ in the future, and I plan to live a little in the mean time.

I am likely to begin a conservative TRT protocol, so getting ahead of some expected recession would be wise.

14 hours ago, Harry Bosch said:

Yes, attached are pictures at 9.5 months.

MEDS

1.25 mg/day Fin

5 mg/day Oral Min

Topical Min 4-5x/week

Nizoral 1% 2-3x/week

PICTURES

Wet/damp hair immediately after shampoo + conditioner.

Presented in multiple states.  Messy, slicked back, and combed in both directions.

My hair and the overall cosmetic result look much stronger when hair is wet.  Weaker areas are exposed when hair is dry and dehydrated, which is common for my tumbleweed up top.

25DF74F0-BC80-422E-8181-68F8C433CBFA.jpeg

62DD6FCE-1DE1-480A-96AF-BC2DEF8B16C3.jpeg

5ACAA3D5-DCD4-4570-B595-4E71BF4B5E71.jpeg

C0336293-AB67-4A8F-92F7-C807BEDB87B3.jpeg

B81EACA1-1FD8-4DB8-AE16-2E09C904B7DF.jpeg

6184B507-C608-4E37-A448-12E2E774736A.jpeg

40F3EE48-5176-4385-9077-FDB64DB2C811.jpeg

9E97F22C-76B6-466C-900E-EC9D0FC29824.jpeg

35435C84-06FC-42D0-BD6E-61EC3E14BC5B.jpeg

D8EEFEAF-2D95-4971-B74A-39E76A8E15D4.jpeg

599E81CF-C94B-4FE8-B25C-4445B7917C06.jpeg

7B681DD9-C1B8-4611-BBA5-5CB7B6A3AEA1.jpeg

3304B1FA-7AC7-4000-9B2C-1D767EF16C14.jpeg

8165F368-4B32-4228-B01B-F8C838474F98.jpeg

F34D64EE-A1A3-4C76-AE60-83122F5BEBFA.jpeg

038971B7-F91F-4AF1-981F-FC040D888613.jpeg

74D1719D-E0C0-4D6B-A9D1-70A89D2CCA1A.jpeg

349E3182-1044-485E-8453-675936714DB5.jpeg

238CADF3-6291-4930-BFEC-1CA624F5E332.jpeg

E50C20E2-9F49-474A-9DD0-5C3B8E5218EC.jpeg

6735A10F-26B5-49E4-BFD6-CAB87823FCFD.jpeg

9355EE2A-7164-4689-AF0A-137729EE3F6C.jpeg

Jesus Wept… that’s a glorious head of hair lol you must be over the moon! Looks really good man 👏🏻👏🏻

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Judelaw said:

World-class work, the way he blended those extra 200 grafts is pure artistry. I can’t imagine getting a result like this then making a lifetime commitment to hop on the juice. 

Right, and that’s on my mind.  It’s a separate conversation.  There’s a few TRT vets who I’ve talked to on here on how proceed in hair-safe matter.

Important clarification is that TRT is not the same as anabolics or “juice.”  I’m just trying to return to healthy level and feel better.  It’s not a cosmetic decision but entirely quality of life.  Blasting into unnatural supraphysiological levels, and/or adding steroids, are the vanity based decisions that really threaten hair.

6 hours ago, Big Rome said:

Jesus Wept… that’s a glorious head of hair lol you must be over the moon! Looks really good man 👏🏻👏🏻

Thanks brother!

I will say that when my hair is dry or dehydrated, the result looks a bit weaker.  But that’s more about my hair type (wavy to curly).  Really thick hair in forelock and midscalp vs. lower density hair on the hairline and transplanted regions.

Making my hair look good always required moisture and product, even before my loss pattern progressed into HT territory 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 10:59 PM, Harry Bosch said:

Right, and that’s on my mind.  It’s a separate conversation.  There’s a few TRT vets who I’ve talked to on here on how proceed in hair-safe matter.

Important clarification is that TRT is not the same as anabolics or “juice.”  I’m just trying to return to healthy level and feel better.  It’s not a cosmetic decision but entirely quality of life.  Blasting into unnatural supraphysiological levels, and/or adding steroids, are the vanity based decisions that really threaten hair.

Just be mindful that testosterone also causes hairloss, but at a slower rate that DHT. Testosterone also slowly chips away at your hair. That's why a few men actually lose more hair when they switch from Finasteride to Dutasteride, because scalp testosterone increases by a large amount when your DHT levels are crushed, much more so than when on Finasteride.

• Like 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

4 hours ago, Chrisno said:

Just be mindful that testosterone also causes hairloss, but at a slower rate that DHT. Testosterone also slowly chips away at your hair. That's why a few men actually lose more hair when they switch from Finasteride to Dutasteride, because scalp testosterone increases by a large amount when your DHT levels are crushed, much more so than when on Finasteride.

Anyway to prevent this? 

On 3/8/2023 at 3:58 PM, Chrisno said:

Of course mindful.

My protocol will focus on steady, conservative deliver instead of weekly spikes.  One outcome of that strategy (hopefully) will be to minimize the onset of sides.

Interestingly, when I tried to introduce Dut in the past, I felt I responded poorly.  Both times were limited 1-2 month trials.  Maybe I overreacted to an initial shed.  In theory, my success with Finasertide would have been indicative of a good reaction to Dut.  Perhaps your remarks about additional T on the scalp could have been true.

Makes me wonder if I should re-introduce RU to be on the safe side.  I stopped using prior to my surgery.  Something that I wanted to get away from - sourcing and compliance are obviously a tall order.  Never loved working with gray market clinics.

I will say, my goal is not to blast into supra physiological levels where one really enters unsafe territory for hair.  Just return to that natural, healthy levels of a younger man and, obviously, feel better -- that's why I'm doing this, not for cosmetic reasons.  Although a boost in body composition would not be unwelcome.

If I do lose ground with hair, I can always get another procedure.

7 minutes ago, Harry Bosch said:

Of course mindful.

My protocol will focus on steady, conservative deliver instead of weekly spikes.  One outcome of that strategy (hopefully) will be to minimize the onset of sides.

Interestingly, when I tried to introduce Dut in the past, I felt I responded poorly.  Both times were limited 1-2 month trials.  Maybe I overreacted to an initial shed.  In theory, my success with Finasertide would have been indicative of a good reaction to Dut.  Perhaps your remarks about additional T on the scalp could have been true.

Makes me wonder if I should re-introduce RU to be on the safe side.  I stopped using prior to my surgery.  Something that I wanted to get away from - sourcing and compliance are obviously a tall order.  Never loved working with gray market clinics.

I will say, my goal is not to blast into supra physiological levels where one really enters unsafe territory for hair.  Just return to that natural, healthy levels of a younger man and, obviously, feel better -- that's why I'm doing this, not for cosmetic reasons.  Although a boost in body composition would not be unwelcome.

If I do lose ground with hair, I can always get another procedure.

Good idea on EoD delivery. I would aim for 600-700 levels, I'd consider that to be a safe zone, but of course that's individual. Some anecdotal evidence on testosterones impact on hair: literally every male in my workplace that's overweight (and have been for most of their lives) have great hairlines. My theory being that they aromatize more and thus have lower T and DHT levels - and subsequently higher E levels.

I'm not on RU myself. Don't want to dip into the grey market, I'd rather wait until something is approved so that longer term side effects are more known.

...and fantastic hair by the way. Looking excellent! 100% natural, dense and good. I'll probably show your hairline to Hasson for my upcoming op before summer as a template for how I would like my hairline. We have almost the same starting point, mine is just a tad bit more recessed in the corners.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...