M36 | Dr. Bruno Pinto | 1716 grafts | 17 May 2022

Jeez, your results look amazing even at these early stages. It looks really dense packed at that 3 weeks mark and i probably alongside others can't even make out where the native hair started and stopped. Myself for comparison even had much more visible gaps. Your hair density looks to practically match your native density. That's pretty unreal. Wouldn't be surprised to see you able to buzz it down without being noticeable if all that grew. 

Just now, sukh123 said:

GOAT, are you on his payroll 

Alright GOAT is an exaggeration, he is fairly new at this in comparison to the current GOATs like Couto and Konior etc, but in my opinion i think he will be in a couple of years.. his results speak for themselves

Just now, botchedguy95 said:

Alright GOAT is an exaggeration, he is fairly new at this in comparison to the current GOATs like Couto and Konior etc, but in my opinion i think he will be in a couple of years.. his results speak for themselves

You can’t really call any doctor GOAT, for instance I’ve seen bad cases for couto on Spanish forums and some below par from konoir, although no doubt they are great hair transplant surgeons .All cases are different and certain doctors according to that case may yield better results than the other

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

Seems that the trasplanted hair that was white is becaming to the original colour, isnt it?

Still looks white/gray to me, especially in the daylight.  I get a lot of comments on it.  Dr. Bruno suggested it will be less noticeable when my hair gets longer and the trauma of surgery wears off.  Grays in that area were existing prior to surgery but I had no idea the extent - likely related to some form of fibrosis that Dr. P hopefully remedied with an additional 200 grafts

11 minutes ago, Harry Bosch said:

Still looks white/gray to me, especially in the daylight.  I get a lot of comments on it.  Dr. Bruno suggested it will be less noticeable when my hair gets longer and the trauma of surgery wears off.  Grays in that area were existing prior to surgery but I had no idea the extent - likely related to some form of fibrosis that Dr. P hopefully remedied with an additional 200 grafts

It is not a big deal, you can always hair dye it.

3 hours ago, sukh123 said:

You can’t really call any doctor GOAT, for instance I’ve seen bad cases for couto on Spanish forums and some below par from konoir, although no doubt they are great hair transplant surgeons .All cases are different and certain doctors according to that case may yield better results than the other

I think he has a growing record of excellence.  Hopefully I turn into another one of his success stories 🤞🏼

18 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Jeez, your results look amazing even at these early stages. It looks really dense packed at that 3 weeks mark and i probably alongside others can't even make out where the native hair started and stopped. Myself for comparison even had much more visible gaps. Your hair density looks to practically match your native density. That's pretty unreal. Wouldn't be surprised to see you able to buzz it down without being noticeable if all that grew. 

I remember him showing me close-ups of the immediate post-op photos.  He was really happy with how the dense pack blended with my native density and there was not any discernible difference in imaging between the native hairs and the implanted grafts.  Hopefully it grows in as a he designed

20 minutes ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

It is not a big deal, you can always hair dye it.

Honestly I don’t mind it, although I have been concerned it might be indicative of some scalp condition that might negatively impact the final result.  Dr. Bruno answered that question over WhatsApp and remains optimistic that the growth there will be healthy 

Edited by Harry Bosch

1 minute ago, Harry Bosch said:

I remember him showing me close-ups of the immediate post-op photos.  He was really happy with how the dense pack blended with my native density and there was not any discernible difference in imaging between the native hairs and the implanted grafts.  Hopefully it grows in as a he designed

Yeah, that's really impressive and i hope so. Regarding the white hairs, i think the follicles get traumatised and lose their colour. I genuinely think this happened to myself and to others. 

The density thing however for you is awesome and genuinely hope it all grows in for you. I'm also hoping when mine grows in that it blends and looks dense enough. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Yeah, that's really impressive and i hope so. Regarding the white hairs, i think the follicles get traumatised and lose their colour. I genuinely think this happened to myself and to others. 

The density thing however for you is awesome and genuinely hope it all grows in for you. I'm also hoping when mine grows in that it blends and looks dense enough. 

I have heard this before as well that transplanted follicles can lose colour from the surgery. Is this permanent do you know or can they regain colour as they grow out?

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

19 minutes ago, therambler said:

I have heard this before as well that transplanted follicles can lose colour from the surgery. Is this permanent do you know or can they regain colour as they grow out?

Personally i think they won't regain colour but would be happy to be proven wrong. I had one that's white implanted in the hairline but i have other white hairs coming in too, so it would probably help with naturalness. That said, i plan to colour my hair if possible around the 9th month mark for my birthday if all the progress is good till then. 

• Like 1

Hey buddy

I have to say I think Dr Pinto is correct about the hair length, your photos at 7.5 weeks they grey area is not as stark looking when compared to your earlier photos.

overall the healing is great, you didn’t need much work but there is not much redness. The work is clean and the donor is perfect.

you will be on for a great result. I know others have said to colour the hair if it remains grey, I don’t think you should, no reasonable reason but I feel putting chemicals on the hairs as harsh as colouring shouldn’t be done. I know women do it with no issues but it’s harsh on the hair and the scalp and you should keep it healthy 

• 3 weeks later...

Alright fam. Moral support time.

This is my update at 2 months (9 weeks).  I think I’ve shed or outright lost native hair since my last update at 7.5 weeks.

Understand that this is the absolute nadir in the ugly duckling phase, and I’ll stay here for at least another month.  You have to go backwards to go forwards.  Hopefully the experts and veterans have some positive feedback.

Attached are multiple pictures from multiple angles during dusk.  Good lighting but not super intense.  I also added one comparative picture from the pre-op / post-shave that clarifies my conclusion that some shock loss (or native AA progression) has occurred.

CC3336BA-DADF-42C3-8D1C-85EA109C8564.jpeg

BD56D11E-8832-495B-94E1-4D3DFBC386B0.jpeg

E739670A-6401-4DB1-9001-C4422471CED2.jpeg

005EEC18-2DE8-4D65-9C33-499C6C7D068E.jpeg

C3DAD58D-BD37-4C67-B229-6E9F9A5F4293.jpeg

279849DD-61B7-403F-A09B-D19B10B73FFF.jpeg

CFDDAAC0-B103-448E-9BCD-9A2DD19384C2.jpeg

5AB99816-2483-4AC2-8A73-777CD2627369.jpeg

44798780-BD93-4D38-AF61-9453053E487C.jpeg

8D266485-4E6E-4F6D-9F9A-4B322B3ECE5E.jpeg

1EA6C584-7811-4EA6-A303-373C08FB204D.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey, looks great for the ugly duckling stage to be honest, not too bad at all! Also does it look like the roots of that patch of white hairs are actually growing back with with some colour? 

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

I didn't have any growth to talk about at two months. The only thing on my mind then was recovery. And you seemed to have recovered very well. Now the fun starts.

Have to add I am intrigued by the grey patch. I have one in my neck since well before my surgery, but it's about a fourth the size of yours. I would love to hear some other doctors on here weigh in on that subject. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Update at 3 months, and 1 week.

My procedure was May 17.  So we are 14 weeks out.

Its still early and not time to panic.  But no indications of new growth yet.  I was hoping some of the work on temple peaks might be evident by now.  Alas, it’s still the desert.  Of course, my hair is long enough now that navigating the ugly duckling period isn’t too troubling.

The fibrosis condition that Dr. Pinto detected and attempted to remedy still looms for me.  It is an added worry, and that’s why I have the two-face scenario going on.  My better half present denser and healthier hair.  My bad side looks especially weak and sparse — basically the grey hair is a line a demarcation between the stronger/weaker side.

My donor looks totally undetectable, fortunately.  I faded from a 1.5 to a 1 and no scars are visible.

I know going in that my favorable position and hair characteristics portended a strong outcome.  And my donor healing has been promising.  I did not have a terrible presentation of redness or irritation in the recipient.  Hopefully that means I’m on track.  On the other hand, I stopped Topical Min and RU in the weeks prior to the op and have elected not to continue (I’m on 5mg oral min).  I definitely look worse than I did pre-op.  And of course that fibrosis and grays.  So those will inform some concern until if/when new growth begins.

1531186E-B2D2-435C-B130-8A20C27E2FDC.jpeg

A1CE0129-3838-482D-A385-43D15484C0B7.jpeg

1E162C97-3ED1-4206-A49A-0D6F5569FCEF.jpeg

CBBBDF81-880A-415E-9062-E4F8D366B9F1.jpeg

50EFFC51-9816-45D4-81D3-F931BCA45F45.jpeg

149DD452-E618-4B01-82AC-55DE3D97EE5C.jpeg

C3AB8946-5720-4D55-BA3F-21355DAFE502.jpeg

755A81B1-9756-4B56-8AC7-C446D4B767D6.jpeg

4B96AF39-DDD9-4C76-8241-2139913166CA.jpeg

980C2800-C461-4079-A7E0-DECDC5E9E5EB.jpeg

C011AE69-106A-48BE-9044-6F8173557B96.jpeg

Those baby hairs will most probably thicken up a lot in the coming weeks and you should also start seeing new hairs sprouting the coming weeks. It's hard to see the fibrosis, visually It seems that you are on track. Have you tried massaging the fibrotic tissue to break it up? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Falconary said:

Those baby hairs will most probably thicken up a lot in the coming weeks and you should also start seeing new hairs sprouting the coming weeks. It's hard to see the fibrosis, visually It seems that you are on track. Have you tried massaging the fibrotic tissue to break it up? 

Thanks mate.  Still early.  Like we talked about in PM, this is the part of the timeline where patience starts to get tested and you’re just looking for something/anything to feel confident it’s gonna work out.

Dr. did not advise me to do anything specific for the fibrosis.  Something he remarked he wouldn’t have noticed had we not shaved down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 12:32 PM, therambler said:

Hey, looks great for the ugly duckling stage to be honest, not too bad at all! Also does it look like the roots of that patch of white hairs are actually growing back with with some colour? 

I woul pay for having that "ugly duckling stage" for me. I wouldn't need more. 😅