Please Help! HT Recommendations for smaller budget

Hi! 

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some doctors names or clinics that are good options for people with a smaller budget. 

I completely understand that you worse thing I could do is find a hair mill and pay a low price, but I would love some recommendations for doctors who are €2.5 /per graft or lower. 

Obviously I would love to be able to get the best hair surgeon, but I unfortunately can’t afford a huge budget HT

I feel like there would still be some good options for about €2/ per graft.

So far i have a couple of names on my list, would love to have any suggestions on anymore: 

- Dr. Biçer, Istanbul 

- Dr. Demirsoy, Istanbul 

- Eugenix, India

- Dr. Bisanga, Belgium (But i think he might be out of my budget)

I’ve also attached some pictures to see what stage of hair loss I have. I’m currently 33 years old, and have been slowly losing my hair since i was 20.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊

FC31164F-0122-4445-BDEB-222AD757ABEA.jpeg

EBFF102F-C9FE-4A0D-ABEB-601B67BA8EC8.jpeg

5441D9EE-A721-400C-A471-8F77AFC0955A.jpeg

0BE7B226-52BD-4004-A5D4-EDA87679B0C9.jpeg

6C119278-F8E3-4066-9723-B9EA2E37BDFF.jpeg

ED40CC09-8841-4E8D-BA64-50E59C855B95.jpeg

2687D0B2-884E-4711-A5F0-759CD0F02D5E.jpeg

Edited by simz7
  • Thanks 1

Dr Bicer or Eugenix are definitely good options, You could consider HDC ? The rep is @Doron Harati. Most of the European options are more than your current budget, although Dr Ximena Vila (Spain) was around €2.50 per graft last time I checked. Dr Demirsoy has decent results on the whole, but some are average or poor if you look hard enough. Dr Turan + Dr Gur are putting out good work and they are also more than affordable. 

• Like 4

i think for that pricing u already listed well for the first 3, but if u can, save abit more for dr arika package seems to be the usual reccomendation in the forum.

• Like 1

The options you listed are good. Add Pekiner, Keser as well who are around the same budget and have good reviews. 

However if you can maintain your current hair on meds, save up some money and go for the more expensive ones since you’re clearly heading for norwood 6

Also don’t do big sessions. 

• Like 1

You're a good candidate with strong donor.

Our price range is between 2.5 - 2.2 Euros per one graft, our price includes our free accommodations and a driver.

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

3 hours ago, simz7 said:

Hi! 

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some doctors names or clinics that are good options for people with a smaller budget. 

I completely understand that you worse thing I could do is find a hair mill and pay a low price, but I would love some recommendations for doctors who are €2.5 /per graft or lower. 

Obviously I would love to be able to get the best hair surgeon, but I unfortunately can’t afford a huge budget HT

So far i have a couple of names on my list, would love to have any suggestions on anymore: 

- Dr. Biçer, Istanbul 

- Dr. Demirsoy, Istanbul 

- Eugenix, India

I’ve also attached some pictures to see what stage of hair loss I have. I’m currently 33 years old, and have been slowly losing my hair since i was 20.

OP, are you actively taking any medication like Finasteride? 

Personally i wouldn't recommend you looking at a hair transplant just yet. Your hairline and crown have diffuse thinning and it's quite an extensive area of loss. If you start using Finasteride and perhaps if you are committed enough to stay consistent using Minoxodil and Microneedling with a derma pen once a week, there's a strong chance you could make a significant recovery to the point you do not need a hair transplant. 

In fact, that would work out much better for you. So my recommendation is:

1) Finasteride 

2) Minoxidil + Microneedling 

3) Nizoral

Do that for 12 months and re-evaluate. You don't want to just jump into a hair transplant imo without trying hair restoration/stabilisation is asking for trouble. You'll definitely be in a possibly much worse situation depending on how the procedure goes. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Future Hair Doc said:

You should also look into Dr. Taleb Barghouthi in Amman, Jordan. I'll tag him @DrTBarghouthi

Many thanks for tagging. 
I do agree you have a good donor with some diffuse pattern of hair loss. In my opinion, you would definitely need to consider a good maintenance protocol in terms of medications and if an HT is considered, it has to be for the frontal and midscalp areas for now. I wouldn’t recommend adding into the crown at this stage. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

You're researching the wrong way. Look at results first, then remove doctors that are out of your budget. If necessary, you may need to save some more money to go to the right surgeon.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and recommendations! 🙏🏼

I’ve actually been on finasteride for 7+ years, and I was using minoxidil for about the first 4 years. I’ve also tried a few other things to boost hair growth like Nizoral (which I still use) and PRP Microneedling to the scalp (with no clear results after 6 sessions). 

HT is certainly not my first option, i just thought this might be a good time to take action. 

I appreciate what some of you are saying about the diffusion on the frontal area but my biggest concern is actually my crown area. it’s the area that first started to go, and the most loss currently. @DrTBarghouthi

i’ll have a look into some of those names you mentioned, and was thinking of seeing someone in person to determine if i’m a good candidate.

In the meantime, any other names for me to look into would be appreciated 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simz7 said:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and recommendations! 🙏🏼

I’ve actually been on finasteride for 7+ years, and I was using minoxidil for about the first 4 years. I’ve also tried a few other things to boost hair growth like Nizoral (which I still use) and PRP Microneedling to the scalp (with no clear results after 6 sessions). 

HT is certainly not my first option, i just thought this might be a good time to take action. 

I appreciate what some of you are saying about the diffusion on the frontal area but my biggest concern is actually my crown area. it’s the area that first started to go, and the most loss currently. @DrTBarghouthi

i’ll have a look into some of those names you mentioned, and was thinking of seeing someone in person to determine if i’m a good candidate.

In the meantime, any other names for me to look into would be appreciated 😊

You said was using Minoxidil for four years, so is there anything in particular made you stop? 

In combination with Microneedling it would in some examples seem like you should have quite a positive response. 

My only thoughts then that are as you are 33 and been on Finasteride for 7+ years, you might want to move to Dutasteride and take that everyday. Initially it can cause an increased shed but it blocks more DHT on the scalp by circa 10% than Finasteride at 0.5mg everyday. Might be worth a shot and potentially getting back onto Minoxodil. 

Your diffuse thinning and then crown area is really why it makes you a more difficult case imo. It's not a typical pattern of hair loss and there's a chance for shock loss on the struggling follicles already holding on potentially happening. 

• Like 1

Honestly the reason for stopping topical minoxidil was that is was a pain to incorporate into a daily routine. the greasy consistency would leave residue on a lot of things and after that period I gave up on it. Maybe I should look into doing that again though, I was just a worried about the shedding period too though 😥

Do you, or anyone have thoughts on Oral Minoxidil? I’ve noticed a lot of hair regrowth startups using oral minoxidil instead of topical. @DrTBarghouthi

Tbh I have no idea what dutasteride is, I’ve been taking 1mg Finasteride everyday this whole time though, i’ll look into that too. Thanks!

@J.A.CYes that’s right, 6-7 sessions of PRP. I have up because it seemed to not being doing anything, maybe even making it worse somehow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simz7 said:

J.A.CYes that’s right, 6-7 sessions of PRP. I have up because it seemed to not being doing anything, maybe even making it worse somehow. 

Jury is out with me for PRP, can it help speed up growth? Maybe.. if it’s included with a HT then great, multiple sessions ? Extra cost ? Nope more like a “cash grab” 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, simz7 said:

Honestly the reason for stopping topical minoxidil was that is was a pain to incorporate into a daily routine. the greasy consistency would leave residue on a lot of things and after that period I gave up on it. Maybe I should look into doing that again though, I was just a worried about the shedding period too though 😥

Do you, or anyone have thoughts on Oral Minoxidil? I’ve noticed a lot of hair regrowth startups using oral minoxidil instead of topical. @DrTBarghouthi

Tbh I have no idea what dutasteride is, I’ve been taking 1mg Finasteride everyday this whole time though, i’ll look into that too. Thanks!

@J.A.CYes that’s right, 6-7 sessions of PRP. I have up because it seemed to not being doing anything, maybe even making it worse somehow. 

Oral Minoxodil can be more effective than topical but you also have to weigh up some of the risk of it going systemic more easily and needing to keep an eye on some of the more associated side affects like increased blood pressure etc. and on occasion the increased Trichosis in areas like the bits around the eyebrow and other unwanted hair growth. 

Dutasteride is basically a stronger version of Finasteride. It blocks 10% more scalp DHT but it does also block 90% body serum DHT so some people probably would find it easier to slowly transition to it. Taking a few days a week of Dutasteride instead of their usual Finasteride dose and then keeping an eye on how you feel before increasing up till maybe you are doing 0.5mg everyday. 

Regarding topical Minoxidil and adherence, there's a foam version which some use for the morning so as not to make the hair greasy and a cheaper Kirkland Minoxodil for the evenings at home before bed. 

Just take your times imo to save up, do research on the best doctor for your situation and wait about 12 months to see how the restoration attempt goes. Might save yourself a goos chunk of hair grafts. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info everyone!
Very helpful!

I plan to have a consult with a few doctors and hopefully they can also give a few recommendations. 

Dr. Bisanga has also been very helpful and recommended a colleague that's local to me, to have a consult with and see whether I would be a good candidate at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 2:42 AM, simz7 said:

I see very good results with oral minoxidil. We unfortunately don’t have it here but I ask my patients to get it from abroad usually. I also recently had a patient who gets 5mg minoxidil and 1 mg finasteride compounded orally in a capsule from Australia. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 5/4/2022 at 6:38 PM, simz7 said:

Hi! 

- Dr. Biçer, Istanbul 

- Dr. Demirsoy, Istanbul 

- Eugenix, India

You have a strong donor area. You have been on medications and you have diffusive hair loss. You are a good candidate for a hair transplantation procedure. You will require a conservative transplant on your scalp where the new grafts are transplanted in between the pre existing hair. The spacing between the pre existing hair have to be sufficient for the new grafts to be transplanted. You will have to continue with the medications and it will prevent any further progression of baldness on your scalp. The entire scalp can be transplanted along with your crown which is your most concerned area.

• Like 1

@J-CYeah I’ve had a few consults so far, and there are few great options I am considering like @DrTBarghouthi. I have a consult with a respected dermatologist with specialty in hair restoration, here in Australia. He will access my current state and take some measurements etc. Hopefully that will give me a better indication of what to do. 

Currently, I’m thinking I will start using oral minoxidil and the current finasteride i’m on. I’m thinking I will do this for 1 year and then re-asses the hair transplant at that point. 

Im hoping to get some growth by then and If I choose to get a transplant, I will probably require less grafts. 

:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simz7 said:

@J-CYeah I’ve had a few consults so far, and there are few great options I am considering like @DrTBarghouthi. I have a consult with a respected dermatologist with specialty in hair restoration, here in Australia. He will access my current state and take some measurements etc. Hopefully that will give me a better indication of what to do. 

Currently, I’m thinking I will start using oral minoxidil and the current finasteride i’m on. I’m thinking I will do this for 1 year and then re-asses the hair transplant at that point. 

Im hoping to get some growth by then and If I choose to get a transplant, I will probably require less grafts. 

:)

@DrTBarghouthiIs a very good option ! That’s a good plan to reassess in a years time. Plenty of time to research and see how the med regime is helping.. 

• Like 1