3054 Graft FUE - Dr. De Freitas (Valencia)

14 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

Congrats , work looks very clean. Wanted to ask how involved De Freitas is in the surgery?

As far as I know he personally makes the implantation of the 3 patients of each day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey all, posting an update. It’s been about 6 months and 1 week since my procedure (been on dut 3x a week and 2.5mg oral min since) and I’m a bit disappointed to say the least. My left side has grown in fairly well (albeit lacking a bit of density). My right side, however, is causing me a great deal of concern as the thickness is quite poor and there are a bunch of short stubbly hairs that do not seem to have grown AT ALL since the procedure. In fact, if I pull very lightly with tweezers, they come right out 😞. I would estimate that 20 to 30% of the grafts implanted on my right side have come out and even those 30% are of very poor quality and thin. Is there anything that can be done in this case? I feel so terrible having spent so much time and money on an elite surgeon only to have poor results such as these.

Here are some pictures.

Left side (slightly better side):

2D636585-1C51-405D-B7EE-DF317A2FBC96.thumb.jpeg.f06735bd10b61be8d064417b39a863d9.jpeg

Right side (worse side):

E51D74FD-AD95-4341-94D5-287AAA8176B8.thumb.jpeg.7798b1dd6325bd14e39ab9ebd165662d.jpeg188FCED9-9D67-4C81-A746-3BFC878EE175.thumb.jpeg.cf9c36fa79d5f5dc4263fc07c0d13fa9.jpeg

Follicles I very easily pulled out with tweezers just today (there are many more of these types which I’m hesitating to pull because it accentuates the gaps in my right temple):image.thumb.jpg.29a266435bc44ec3a61297eada4fc362.jpg

I really appreciate any advice/feedback on this as I’m quite desperate and worry that the majority of my grafts died or were dead prior to implantation 😢.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by ObtuseAlbatross133

33 minutes ago, ObtuseAlbatross133 said:

Hey all, posting an update. It’s been about 6 months and 1 week since my procedure (been on dut 3x a week and 2.5mg oral min since) and I’m a bit disappointed to say the least. My left side has grown in fairly well (albeit lacking a bit of density). My right side, however, is causing me a great deal of concern as the thickness is quite poor and there are a bunch of short stubbly hairs that do not seem to have grown AT ALL since the procedure. In fact, if I pull very lightly with tweezers, they come right out 😞. I would estimate that 20 to 30% of the grafts implanted on my right side have come out and even those 30% are of very poor quality and thin. Is there anything that can be done in this case? I feel so terrible having spent so much time and money on an elite surgeon only to have poor results such as these.

Here are some pictures.

Left side (slightly better side):

2D636585-1C51-405D-B7EE-DF317A2FBC96.thumb.jpeg.f06735bd10b61be8d064417b39a863d9.jpeg

Right side (worse side):

E51D74FD-AD95-4341-94D5-287AAA8176B8.thumb.jpeg.7798b1dd6325bd14e39ab9ebd165662d.jpeg188FCED9-9D67-4C81-A746-3BFC878EE175.thumb.jpeg.cf9c36fa79d5f5dc4263fc07c0d13fa9.jpeg

Follicles I very easily pulled out with tweezers just today (there are many more of these types which I’m hesitating to pull because it accentuates the gaps in my right temple):image.thumb.jpg.29a266435bc44ec3a61297eada4fc362.jpg

I really appreciate any advice/feedback on this as I’m quite desperate and worry that the majority of my grafts died or were dead prior to implantation 😢.

Thanks everyone!

Is there an image without the hair being pulled back with a hand just in its normal style? 

Oh yes, the right side is actually less dense, I notice a slight redness though, which shouldn't be there at six months, did you contact the clinic?  Just one of the real patient cases they post here and it's not going too well.

On real patients cases you will find cases with poor growth like this one, which cases would not be posted by the clinic which try to promote her best results. So focus on cases posted only by patients to judge the surgeon’s success rate…

Yh can you post clear photos with different angles. Am sorry to see you had poor growth, this concerns me going into a hair transplant but what age did you lose your temples or start to lose them?

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

Have you tried contacting Dr. De Freitas regarding your concerns? Also did you go for the included PRP follow up at the 3 month or 6 month point? 

I just had my transplant done at Dr. De Freitas 3 weeks ago so will be following closely 

14 hours ago, The comeback king said:

Yeh I don’t why this notion keeps coming up that 6 months is early . It’s not and if your results are not good or starting to show promise by then it’s very likely the outcome won’t be optimal . Hairs should all be shed Mostly by 1 month and the hairs go dormant for then 2-3 months which is why between 4-6 months you should see the majority of hairs sprouting and the subsequent months will entail them maturing and thickening. That’s from my personal experience and also unanimously from the results that turn out good from what I’ve seen

Agreed. I have still yet to see a case that looked poor at 6 months turn out fantastically later on. I think clinics say that to kick the can down the road, and posters to make the patient feel better about their current predicament.

Anyway OP, whilst being honest I doubt the final result of this surgery will meet your expectations fully, it will continue to get better, and your lack of hair loss/great donor mean a second smaller revision surgery will definitely get you across the line.

I know from experience it's not a nice feeling when things don't go to plan.

Have you spoken to the clinic yet?

On 10/8/2022 at 6:36 PM, ITA said:

Oh yes, the right side is actually less dense, I notice a slight redness though, which shouldn't be there at six months, did you contact the clinic?  Just one of the real patient cases they post here and it's not going too well.

I just sent them a message today!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HHH said:

Agreed. I have still yet to see a case that looked poor at 6 months turn out fantastically later on. I think clinics say that to kick the can down the road, and posters to make the patient feel better about their current predicament.

Anyway OP, whilst being honest I doubt the final result of this surgery will meet your expectations fully, it will continue to get better, and your lack of hair loss/great donor mean a second smaller revision surgery will definitely get you across the line.

I know from experience it's not a nice feeling when things don't go to plan.

Have you spoken to the clinic yet?

I just messaged them today. Do you think they would make me pay for a touch-up or offer any sort of refund for unsatisfactory results?

1 minute ago, ObtuseAlbatross133 said:

I just messaged them today. Do you think they would make me pay for a touch-up or offer any sort of refund for unsatisfactory results?

Hi, no I don't think they'll make you pay for a touch up, assuming things haven't improved in 12 months as you wouldn't have had optimal growth. Not sure about a refund, although they will definitely tell you to wait for a year before passing final judgment.

It's a tricky one going back,  as there's no doubt Dr Freitas is an elite surgeon, although whos to say this wouldn't happen the second time?

welcome to the world of hair transplants. The one criticism I have is the donor extractions are by done by non physicians. you really think that an employee getting paid 20 euros and hour will have the same level of commitment as the doctor whose name is on the surgery?

The second criticism I have is the extractions are taken clearly out of Safe donor area. I know FUE surgeries tend to push the boundaries with regards to SDA, but this particular photos they are extracting straight from almost the crown areas. If those were the hair transplanted into your right side, they may have not grown as between their natural hair death cycle and trauma of hte surgery they may have said peace out. 

Having said that it is not a bad result and you are early. I would wait 12 months before judging and if needed go for a top up. 3000+ grafts for that area i think is too much in one pass. It may have overloaded the circulatory capacity of your scalp. 

Think of a field receiving water by irrigation. If it has enough water for 1000 trees but you plant 2000 the results will suffer. i think similar concept applies in hair transplant. 

10 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

welcome to the world of hair transplants. The one criticism I have is the donor extractions are by done by non physicians. you really think that an employee getting paid 20 euros and hour will have the same level of commitment as the doctor whose name is on the surgery?

The second criticism I have is the extractions are taken clearly out of Safe donor area. I know FUE surgeries tend to push the boundaries with regards to SDA, but this particular photos they are extracting straight from almost the crown areas. If those were the hair transplanted into your right side, they may have not grown as between their natural hair death cycle and trauma of hte surgery they may have said peace out. 

Having said that it is not a bad result and you are early. I would wait 12 months before judging and if needed go for a top up. 3000+ grafts for that area i think is too much in one pass. It may have overloaded the circulatory capacity of your scalp. 

Think of a field receiving water by irrigation. If it has enough water for 1000 trees but you plant 2000 the results will suffer. i think similar concept applies in hair transplant. 

Sigh this is so sad.. I’m pretty devastated to be honest 😢