3054 Graft FUE - Dr. De Freitas (Valencia)

Hi everyone!

Figured I’d make a post in this forum out of appreciation for all the awesome information/inspiration I’ve gotten here over the past few months.

I (M26) recently went for an operation at Dr. De Freitas’ clinic in Valencia. I was quoted for about 2,300 grafts but ended up doing 3,054 (2.21 follicles/ graft 😞) in order to get a bit of coverage in my crown area. My surgery dates were March 31st and April 1st with 1,000 grafts on the second day. Overall it was a pretty smooth experience albeit with a lot of pain and swelling which made it difficult to sleep 🙂.

Prior to the surgery, I had been taking Finasteride 1mg for about 8 years and Minoxidil 5% once daily for about 8 years as well. I haven’t lost too much since then but have slowly started to thin out over the years, especially in my crown. About a month before the surgery, I added Dut 0.5 once a week. 

I’ll add a few replies to this post with some pre op and post op pictures!

Edited by ObtuseAlbatross133

Nice of de Freitas to actually go a bit further than what he quoted. Gives me some hope that he may be able to do the same for my case on the crown as I did ask for some extra coverage in there besides the frontal third and am on the process of booking a surgery in there. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Following this thread closely excellent choice with Dr. De Freitas 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

De Freitas is never scared to go aggressive and give his patients the hairlines he knows they want rather then stay safe and be conservative and he has been killing it with all the recent results and I expect no less with you. Everything looks great! 👍 

@ObtuseAlbatross133, it looks good and indeed similar to mine (also done by Dr. Freitas). I do believe he and his team are at a world-class level and you result will be a homerun

Picky advice, you should avoid strong, direct sunlight for the first three months as it may affect the color of your skin in the transplanted area (I noticed there was a lot of sun light in one of your post-op photos)

Happy growing

12 hours ago, ObtuseAlbatross133 said:

17 day post-op. Think I’m beginning to shed a little bit 😞 

4C9194EA-EFF2-4E2B-AC96-F5CC8043091D.jpeg

For 17 day post op, it looks magical. Of course you may still need to go with the ugly duckling phase but this may indeed be another home run result from De Freitas.

I'm looking forward to having my session next year.