My experience with Dr Juan Couto at Fuexpert

Ramsey

On 4/9/2023 at 9:11 PM, Ramsey said:

So here is another update. I know some see the area as “thin”. Down lighting can cause that look but more importantly is the following. As the hair grows over time there is definitely a change in density. So after all this time the result is simply perfect….for me!

IMG_2626.jpeg

Beautiful result. That new hairline looks so natural. The design is just perfect. Dr Couto is delivering incredible results.

On 4/9/2023 at 8:11 PM, Ramsey said:

So here is another update. I know some see the area as “thin”. Down lighting can cause that look but more importantly is the following. As the hair grows over time there is definitely a change in density. So after all this time the result is simply perfect….for me!

IMG_2626.jpeg

this is simply glorious lol 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

7 hours ago, NegativeNorwood said:

Absolutely perfect result.

Dr Couto knows what he's doing and gave you a Norwood 1 hairline with strong temples, there's nothing more aesthetic than that.

Enjoy the perfect head of hair!

Dr Couto almost always seems to do temple points. With good reason, as this result shows

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Dr Couto almost always seems to do temple points. With good reason, as this result shows

I agree. Couto's cases are perfect example of how much of a meme "mature" and "age appropiate" hairlines are. When donor allows, Norwood 1 with strong temples always look best, no exceptions.

Edited by NegativeNorwood
  • Well Done 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

Main reason most clinics don't do strong temple points is because of simple incompetence too. 

1 minute ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I agree. Couto's cases are perfect example of how much of a meme "mature" and "age appropiate" hairlines are. When donor allows, Norwood 1 with strong temples always look best, no exceptions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Main reason most clinics don't do strong temple points is because of simple incompetence too. 

100% agree with that. "Your hairline is age appropiate, temples are a waste of grafts" is code for "I don't know how to transplant them but don't want to admit it".

I've seen an Oscar Muñoz video where he discusses the subject, and he said that because of the early instruments used for extraction were so big (and as such gave the usual big plugs in the hairlines), temples were ignored since the beginning. When new methods like FUT and FUE came out, only a few inquiring doctors ventured learning how to transplant them. In fact, he even said (rightfully) that the Norwood scale didn't take temple recession into account and he didn't like it for that reason, among others which he didn't explain. So, looking just at the Norwood scale, it makes sense for most doctors to ignore them, as it is very convenient due to the extreme difficulty of transplanting them properly (if they even bother to look at them, ofc)

OP was very lucky to have strong temple points before surgery tbh, still, Couto has plenty of cases where he builds the entire temples with amazing naturalness, he is one of the best in the entire world, and really knows how a good hairline design looks like.

Edited by NegativeNorwood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@NegativeNorwood all very true, and in fact the average patient is so uneducated and misinformed by mediocre and poor clinics out there that they think their forehead is huge and the only way to get it back to "normal" is to pull the hairline down, sometimes way too far, making them look even more imbalanced - when really what they need is to pull it in from the sides like a pair of curtains. 

A (very rough) rule of thumb is that the distance between the two points of the temporal hairline should be roughly double the height of the frontal hairline from the glabella. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

@NegativeNorwood all very true, and in fact the average patient is so uneducated and misinformed by mediocre and poor clinics out there that they think their forehead is huge and the only way to get it back to "normal" is to pull the hairline down, sometimes way too far, making them look even more imbalanced - when really what they need is to pull it in from the sides like a pair of curtains. 

A (very rough) rule of thumb is that the distance between the two points of the temporal hairline should be roughly double the height of the frontal hairline from the glabella. 

Completely true. Most requested celebrity hairlines out there, like Brad Pitt's, are actually high-ish set, longer than his midface, but the very strong temples balances it and makes it look low set. My "mature hairline" is 6cm high, around 90% of my midface lenght, and looks much higher set due to the complete lack of temples.

The hair transplant world would be a much better place if the importance of temples were demonstrated and explained on a daily basis, lots of grafts would be saved on average, as it takes much less of them to build strong temples than to lower a hairline.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thx so much. I know this is a tough decision for a lot of people, and often that decision revolves around economics I can clearly say that you’re better off to weight, save your money, and do it with the right person as opposed to hoping for a great result with one of the many people in other countries that simply are cheap For me waiting for Juan and paying his fee was worth every dollar.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Couto remains so far ahead of his competition it’s insane. There’s maybe only 5 doctors that come anywhere near this quality. Congrats on this killer result. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Ramsey DAMNSEY 😮 

• Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/21/2023 at 7:55 PM, consequence said:

You may have disappeared, but can I ask what medications you were taking? Did you do any PRP before/around the procedure?

Hello. So no PRP. The only meds I have ever taken and still take daily is finesteride. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I don't understand but forgive me friends, it doesn't seem natural.
If I see this man on the street I will know for sure that he has had a hair transplant.
The Hairline is very low and you see that in certain lightings there is less hair in the front which means hair transplant.
At an age like yours, wouldn't it be better to take the line higher and create more density?
You can easily see the illusion here.

On 6/14/2023 at 9:26 AM, Son Guko said:

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I don't understand but forgive me friends, it doesn't seem natural.
If I see this man on the street I will know for sure that he has had a hair transplant.
The Hairline is very low and you see that in certain lightings there is less hair in the front which means hair transplant.
At an age like yours, wouldn't it be better to take the line higher and create more density?

You are indeed wrong and you obviously don't understand.

This result is terrific and extremely natural, as natural as a HT can be. Single grafts properly angled and a normal hairline, not low at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mustang said:

You are indeed wrong and you obviously don't understand.

This result is terrific and extremely natural, as natural as a HT can be. Single grafts properly angled and a normal hairline, not low at all.

Completely agree here with @mustang and I really do not understand your comment. 

@Ramsey hairline is enviable. The patient himself comments in the thread about how happy he is and how natural the results look. 

Also, so that you know, the lower hairline doesn't affect the naturalness at all, as many men don't experience receding in that area. Moreover, considering this is a repair procedure, the results are unbeatable.

On 6/14/2023 at 2:26 PM, Son Guko said:

Honestly it's a hell of a work. I think Couto is really great for the hairtypes he operates and excels where many can't.

If I saw that man down the street I wouldn't tell he had surgery at all. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the different opinions. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong....all in the eyes of the observer. My hairline was brought down to exactly where my natural line existed then carried across. Could the density be more? Sure! Can I go back and add more density? Sure. At 54 years old I am still thrilled at the result. In the United States you typically get one full day 5-8 hours worth of work. No one and I mean NO ONE would have given me this result that I could find in the USA. I had many "hair guys" here say "OMG, I can do that for you"....until they saw my result and I swear to god all of them said "WOW MAN, that's a ton of coverage"...Yes cause I did 3 days, 7 hours each day back to back....INTENSE!!!! Until someone shows me better results over this many clients....I will go to my grave believing Juan Couto is the best person in the world at this!! Someone prove me wrong...not with one result but with the hundreds you see posted by Couto on instagram!!! So keep the comments or questions coming...I am as honest and open as anyone can be!! Cheers!!

IMG_3113.jpeg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

Thanks for all the different opinions. Everyone is right and everyone is wrong....all in the eyes of the observer. My hairline was brought down to exactly where my natural line existed then carried across. Could the density be more? Sure! Can I go back and add more density? Sure. At 54 years old I am still thrilled at the result. In the United States you typically get one full day 5-8 hours worth of work. No one and I mean NO ONE would have given me this result that I could find in the USA. I had many "hair guys" here say "OMG, I can do that for you"....until they saw my result and I swear to god all of them said "WOW MAN, that's a ton of coverage"...Yes cause I did 3 days, 7 hours each day back to back....INTENSE!!!! Until someone shows me better results over this many clients....I will go to my grave believing Juan Couto is the best person in the world at this!! Someone prove me wrong...not with one result but with the hundreds you see posted by Couto on instagram!!! So keep the comments or questions coming...I am as honest and open as anyone can be!! Cheers!!

IMG_3113.jpeg

Freitas