Low Waiting Time Top Tier Surgeons?

Hello,

Does anyone know any reputable surgeons with a low waiting time within Europe (under 6 months)? 

I'm willing to pay any price by now. Would also consider flying anywhere but the US

Edited by Nobody
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Why are you trying to get surgery so soon? Never a good idea to try and rush, if the surgeon is good and has a wait of 1 year, that’s a dime in the bucket in the long run. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/25/2022 at 10:28 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Why are you trying to get surgery so soon? Never a good idea to try and rush, if the surgeon is good and has a wait of 1 year, that’s a dime in the bucket in the long run. 

I've been robbed of my youth because of my physical appearance. I feel like the clock is ticking... 

Edited by Nobody

48 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm spending around $100k in plastic surgery (including some "extreme surgeries")

What are all the plastic surgeries? I'm curious. 

It's almost like a sales ploy that all these elite doctors have super long waiting times of say 1 yr or more. Konior is known to have a waitlist of 1 yr, but 90% of all the actual patient reviews and experiences, the patients get in and have surgery much earlier than that. The 1 yr wait time can play into the image/reputation factor that you are seeing an elite, very in-demand doctor. 

When there is a longer wait time, IMO it pressures the patient to act RIGHT AWAY and book their deposit asap. The longer you delay the longer the wait will be! Also, it can be verifiably sketch to have a doctor who only has a stated 1 month wait time or something. It means the doctor has no demand and probably sucks. 

That all being said, some people just get incredibly lucky. Maybe there is a last minute cancellation or other opening, and if your consultation is at the right moment, you can get in right away. 

I know a guy who just had surgery with Dr. Wong and he only had to wait a few weeks. I was also chatting with a Dr. Mwamba patient and he only had a 3 week wait-time. 

I've literally never ever seen a real-life example of this discussed, but I do think if you are mega-wealthy and perhaps want to pay 4 or 5x the quoted price, you can probably exchange someone else's appointment time. Or with that much money, the doctor will surely find a way to fit you in. 

I find it really hard to believe that A-list celebrities, athletes, and billionaires have to get in the back of the line and twiddle their thumbs like everyone else. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 2

Sounds like a lot at once. Not sure everything you are having done though. Either way, I think if you have money to burn, some top clinic will take it to move you up. I'm sure celebrities don't wait a year. 

But I agree with @Melvin- Moderator that waiting isn't that bad. You should also consider that by picking the a doctor based on how quickly they take you probably isn't a great strategy. Ideally, you should get consultations from many clinics and decide based on that and real patient posted results of cases similar to yours. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 11:23 PM, SadMan2021 said:

It's almost like a sales ploy that all these elite doctors have super long waiting times of say 1 yr or more. Konior is known to have a waitlist of 1 yr, but 90% of all the actual patient reviews and experiences, the patients get in and have surgery much earlier than that. The 1 yr wait time can play into the image/reputation factor that you are seeing an elite, very in-demand doctor. 

When there is a longer wait time, IMO it pressures the patient to act RIGHT AWAY and book their deposit asap. The longer you delay the longer the wait will be! Also, it can be verifiably sketch to have a doctor who only has a stated 1 month wait time or something. It means the doctor has no demand and probably sucks. 

That all being said, some people just get incredibly lucky. Maybe there is a last minute cancellation or other opening, and if your consultation is at the right moment, you can get in right away. 

I know a guy who just had surgery with Dr. Wong and he only had to wait a few weeks. I was also chatting with a Dr. Mwamba patient and he only had a 3 week wait-time. 

I've literally never ever seen a real-life example of this discussed, but I do think if you are mega-wealthy and perhaps want to pay 4 or 5x the quoted price, you can probably exchange someone else's appointment time. Or with that much money, the doctor will surely find a way to fit you in. 

I find it really hard to believe that A-list celebrities, athletes, and billionaires have to get in the back of the line and twiddle their thumbs like everyone else. 

Good analysis. Could be that it's for "show". 

Edited by Nobody
  • Sad 1

I'm not sure how many have 1 year lists for show. I was on Dr. Ferreira's wait list for about 9 months I believe. I even asked to be contacted if a cancelation appeared. Never got a call. I also didn't pester them about it either so maybe if every month I would've kept in touch it would have been different. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Good analysis. Could be that it's for "show". 

Cosmetic Orthognatic Surgery with CCW rotation, custom jaw wraparound implants in PEEK and a skull reshaping implant to augment the forehead and temples. I'm also in discussions for clavicle lengthening, but the recovery is brutal. It would however place me into 99th percentile of men in terms of shoulder widht so the benefit aspect is definitely there. 

Holy.

Here I am getting a transplant thinking i'm soulless, shallow etc.

Clavicle lengthening? Skull reshaping?

Mad lad. Best of luck!

On 3/26/2022 at 12:05 AM, MAIZE1694 said:

Holy.

Here I am getting a transplant thinking i'm soulless, shallow etc.

Clavicle lengthening? Skull reshaping?

Mad lad. Best of luck!

You're not being shallow or soulless at all. If anything, it's the other shallow people that made you do this since I.

Edited by Nobody

1 hour ago, SadMan2021 said:

The top surgeons in the world don't use these "deceptive" techniques to get you to book as soon as possible. Most are ethical and wouldn't stoop to such a marketing ploy. I guarantee Couto and Zarev have legitimately super long waits because they are meticulous with every aspect of the whole experience. I heard a patient say he flew to Bulgaria for an in person consultation with Zarev and he spent over 3 hours with him. As for Konior I know for a fact he's booked that far in advance. I waited 15 months for my first with him. I got my second in after about a 5 month wait bc he had a cancellation. All other dates were over a year out. It's all about supply demand. 

• Like 2

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, civic said:

Like million $ man used to say  'everyone got the price' , pretty sure for right cash amoumt any top doc will move you up in line. 

Its not money buys you a spot in line, it’s about being available at any given time. Cancellations happen all the time, so if the patient is willing and ready to move when someone else’s cancels, they can get an early spot, there’s no secret club. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Nobodyit seems like others haven't or weren't willing to touch on what you said, and the gravity of what you're actually saying.

Have you had any psychological examinations or explored any sort of therapy beforehand? 

Your own words are:

8 hours ago, Nobody said:

I'm spending around $100k in plastic surgery (including some "extreme surgeries") within the next 18 months and want my transformation and thus all surgery results to end concurrently. Nowhere but with Hair Transplants I've experienced such long waiting times(among other issues with hair transplants specifically)... I usually had at least one of a world top 5 surgeon in their respective area available within 6 months to operate on me.

I've been robbed of my youth because of my physical appearance so I want to enjoy the last bits I have of it after the surgeries. I feel like the clock is ticking... 

Your "Youth" is technically gone and as with all things where time is concerned, permanently gone. 

However, what isn't gone is you as a person. You sound like you are quite young and if i'm honest, you have tell tale signs that you prescribe to potentially so called "Black Pill" viewpoints and thus this surgery and everything is a way to "Looks Max" and i picked up on that simply by your wording of 99% for clavicle lengthening and all the other laundry list of surgeries. 

Unless you were in a life threatening position, i think you do need to consider the long term implications of potentially what you are doing. 

Nobody (no pun intended) can outrun their genetics and no matter what you do, your DNA won't be changing to match the physical surgical changes you may end up doing. You're much like a hair transplant going to be creating an "Illusion" of yourself potentially. 

Now, i'm gonna just try to balance things here a bit. I do NOT want to give anyone the impression i'm trying to personally attack you or your ambitions to "Looks Max" as personally i am a big fan in maximising your own personal appearance and becoming the "best version" of yourself in a mentally as well as physically healthy manner. 

The sad reality of the world is that looks are overly scrutinised, focused on and manipulated in a social media age to make people feel psychologically a bit inferior to the point where surgical and in some cases, dangerous methods with high risk are considered. Heck, even the so called supermodels cannot match their own image that's photoshopped to within a mm of nip/tucking everything. 

I just wonder, if you were ever to think of yourself, having gone through all this money, spent this time and stuff to end up with the dream result you envision. What happens if say you met somebody who unbeknownst to you also went through something similar. (An arbitrary example for illustration purposes only!! ) Where you were say a 5/10 in looks and those genetics were in you but you become via surgery a so called "10/10 Chad" and similarly your partner was the same. You had children and then your children became that 5/10 looking combination of both of you. 

How psychologically damaging do you think it might be for a child growing up feeling "My parents look so good, how am i so 'ugly'?!" or similarly being teased by people around them if they see you guys looking so amazing and then the natural genetics of your child make them look as they are. You are going to end up potentially in a cycle of trauma being passed on. 

Everybody imo deserves to be happy. I just think there's a balance to be struck and hair transplants are risky enough with like how bad some people end up and psychologically scarred alongside the physical result not matching where they wanted to be. Similarly any other surgeries like you are considering have a chance to go wrong and just because you think you did your research, and are paying for "the best of the best" doesn't mean you aren't exponentially risking yourself ending up in a similar position. 

Psychologically some people end up on the other side of the mountain going the opposite way downhill having started with plastic surgery and not knowing when to stop. 

Only you truly can know what your situation is, where you're starting and where you want to get to. 

If you ever feel like you maybe want to just share something out loud and just have a chat, you can always private message me or put something out there if comfortable for others to give an input. 

I genuinely just want guys to feel happy and comfortable. Look their best, feel their best but not at the expense of possibly damaging their mental health with attaining unhealthy beauty standards perpetuated online with fake photoshopped crap as a reference point. 

4 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I just wonder, if you were ever to think of yourself, having gone through all this money, spent this time and stuff to end up with the dream result you envision. What happens if say you met somebody who unbeknownst to you also went through something similar. (An arbitrary example for illustration purposes only!! ) Where you were say a 5/10 in looks and those genetics were in you but you become via surgery a so called "10/10 Chad" and similarly your partner was the same. You had children and then your children became that 5/10 looking combination of both of you. 

How psychologically damaging do you think it might be for a child growing up feeling "My parents look so good, how am i so 'ugly'?!" or similarly being teased by people around them if they see you guys looking so amazing and then the natural genetics of your child make them look as they are. You are going to end up potentially in a cycle of trauma being passed on. 

this is a sort of weird take i am not going to lie having attractive parents doesnt mean you will or wont be attractive furthermore it ignores gender dimporphisms and even goes into eugenics which is a whole other can of worms

@Nobodyyou probably have some undiagnosed BDD,looks are important but you reach diminishing returns and even the best surgery wont match up with biology, you cant be as good looking as henry cavil etc even with the best surgeons and best outcome but you can always look better though however.

the only 2 pieces of advice i can give you is that one :spending that much money to reach some idealised version of yourself is a pipe dream and a waste of time, just do what you can and be happy with what is good enough before it literally devours your entire life.

and two: if you are going to commit to plastic surgery than make the surgeries be one that actually IMPROVE your standard of living and as close to natural as possible, jaw implants for example are purely aesthetic and do not change the underlying bone at all furthermore they can actually erode your bone depending on the material used through long term friction a much better alternative would be orthodontic procedures like double jaw surgery, MSE etc. the reason we are attracted to certain body features is that they are usually signs of genetic health and gender dimorphism therefore attractive people are usually healthier than unattractive people so since we are changing both function and appearance the overall outcome can be seen more as a net positive than just pure vanity as there are going to be improvements to your bite, breathing airway etc.

I know others have touched on this but I just wanted to give my knowledge/experience on surgery in general.

Unfortunately, throughout my life I've had numerous surgical procedures, all medically necessary, except for my HT. Not one of them has been without consequences though. Nerve damage in almost every single one. Infections that ate muscle and tendon. Surgical errors that required 4 more surgeries and 2 years of my life to repair. Of course the mental toll of research and finding the best Dr to repair you afterwards. The Dr to repair you is never in your neighborhood either. I've traveled throughout the US for the best Dr's.  

Surgery is not trivial. I know personally, I used to believe that doctors were all well trained. I believe we put far too much trust in them. They are human and despite what we believe, modern medicine is not that old. 

How long do you think the medical procedures you are getting have actually been performed on a regular basis? 

To get all of this done in a short time frame also seems alarming.  Each surgery poses major risks and I just hope that you understand that the risks are real. You really can end up with nerve damage or loss of movement in your face. Or even disfigured and look or feel worse than before. 

I know that you believe that you have selected the best Dr's and hopefully you have. But, understand that these Dr's all have clients that have been butchered by them. Every Dr makes mistakes. Just like the best HT surgeons have bad cases. 

I just hope that you go into this with your eyes wide open and understand the true risks involved as they are not trivial. 

Either way, I wish you luck in your journey and hope that everything goes well for you. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 7:41 AM, mmokin said:

this is a sort of weird take i am not going to lie having attractive parents doesnt mean you will or wont be attractive furthermore it ignores gender dimporphisms and even goes into eugenics which is a whole other can of worms

@Nobodyyou probably have some undiagnosed BDD,looks are important but you reach diminishing returns and even the best surgery wont match up with biology, you cant be as good looking as henry cavil etc even with the best surgeons and best outcome but you can always look better though however.

the only 2 pieces of advice i can give you is that one :spending that much money to reach some idealised version of yourself is a pipe dream and a waste of time, just do what you can and be happy with what is good enough before it literally devours your entire life.

and two: if you are going to commit to plastic surgery than make the surgeries be one that actually IMPROVE your standard of living and as close to natural as possible, jaw implants for example are purely aesthetic and do not change the underlying bone at all furthermore they can actually erode your bone depending on the material used through long term friction a much better alternative would be orthodontic procedures like double jaw surgery, MSE etc. the reason we are attracted to certain body features is that they are usually signs of genetic health and gender dimorphism therefore attractive people are usually healthier than unattractive people so since we are changing both function and appearance the overall outcome can be seen more as a net positive than just pure vanity as there are going to be improvements to your bite, breathing airway etc.

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm realistic about the outcomes of plastic surgery. 

Edited by Nobody

26 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm considering a Zygomatic osteotomy as well, but unfortunately nothing short of a Mod Oblique Lefort 3 will achieve the desired results for me (downswung everything remember). 

you need to be deformed to get a lefort 3 no ethical doctor is going to risk their medical license to do one for aesthetics, you already said your top 25% so even more unlikely.

tbh if you havent tried fillers yet go for them first to see if you even want the surgery before you spend thousands as they are alot of complications as you already know so just for you see if changing your face so drastically is even worth it, while still being able to reverse them afterwards.

i also need you warn you please dont do stuff with your cheek bone area there are so many nerves there the risk of going blind is high and the chance of nerve damage is almost unavoidable, if your body gets the bad reaction to the artificial bone which is common or doesnt grow into the "scaffolding" you will most likely get a chronic infection. in my opinion go with fillers first for that area the jaw and maxilla etc are better responders to osteotomy and we have way more qualified surgeons providing them.

Edited by mmokin

On 3/26/2022 at 10:25 AM, mmokin said:

you need to be deformed to get a lefort 3 no ethical doctor is going to risk their medical license to do one for aesthetics, you already said your top 25% so even more unlikely.

tbh if you havent tried fillers yet go for them first to see if you even want the surgery before you spend thousands as they are alot of complications as you already know and the pay off is going to be not what you expect

I need a BiMax with CCW to set the stage for fillers in the jaw. 

Edited by Nobody

2 hours ago, mmokin said:

It's not really a "weird take" per se, and that's why i did put the part in brackets to try and imply it is a very rudimentary type of example. 

Genetics are generally a wild bunch but i stand by the general sentiment that polishing yourself up cosmetically to add features etc. that might not be as much in your genetic pool can create a disparity. 

We generally inherit bits and bats from both our parents after all and sometimes things that may have skipped a generation. For example, my Father and his brothers never got the height of their father who was over 6 foot, but a handful of their kids did, whilst most of the other males didn't. 

I think the rest of what you mentioned about potential BDD is something to be explored. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Yes I had fillers. The problem is that fillers may at best only sit on top of the bone. Since I am downswung, placing a filler in the cheek area will only accentuate my low-set cheeks, which is undesirable for me. For the jaw, since I am also downswung there, I would need north of 10ml of filler to lower my ramus + chin and achieve the necessary angularity desired. That's simply not feasible in the long run and would look comical if they migrate. 

I need a BiMax with CCW to set the stage for fillers in the jaw. 

since you explained what you mean more i better understand your situation you more or less have to change the entire foundation of your facial bone structure as everything is angled downwards

were you a mouth breather or had orthodontic intervention before 12 by any chance ?

2 minutes ago, mmokin said:

since you explained what you mean more i better understand your situation you more or less have to change the entire foundation of your facial bone structure as everything is angled downwards

were you a mouth breather or had orthodontic intervention before 12 by any chance ?

Yes I was a mouth breather. Luckily I didn't had orthodontic work done on me. I have a healthy bite, but still have a recessed chin (because of a recessed mandible)