Dr. Bicer | March 2022 | 3120 grafts

mark2137

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Spring15 said:

Bicer has gained a lot of hype on this forum through a few top tier results, but there are plenty of average ones too. She by the sounds of it has good moral integrity & cares for her patients. She is a good surgeon but not comparable to the top dogs delivering consistent killer results

This is turning out decent, not amazing - I think @Dhhhh is being a little harsh with the criticism claiming this is "bad" 

Dhhh is a sukh123 a troll whose created around 20 accounts. I think this result is satisfactory, and I know Dr. Bicer has great ethics and would offer a free touch-up without hesitation. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 7 months later...
13 hours ago, consequence said:

@mark2137 did you ever end up getting the second procedure? How's your hairline looking?

I might think of switching to dutasteride as you seem to have some significant diffuse thinning.

Yes, two months ago, I had my second procedure. Just under 2200 grafts. I'll create a new thread in some time.

I was thinking about changing my meds for a completely different reason. In April, I started feeling unwell, and it's only getting worse over time. I have prolonged subfebrile fever, I'm physically tired, have no appetite, and no libido. I've been getting medical tests since August, but all the results are normal, so out of desperation, I'm considering stopping finasteride. I have a dermatologist appointment in a week. Unfortunately, dutasteride is difficult to obtain (if at all) in my country. We'll see.

As for the hair loss itself, the problem is that it's progressing, so two procedures definitely won't be enough. I already know that with shorter hair, the difference in density and thickness of hair (on the border between transplanted and natural hair) is quite noticeable. Dr. Bicer preferred not to transplant hair where I haven't lost it yet and where the density is quite poor. We'll see how the situation develops :)

• Like 1

Good luck. Make sure it's not other things like thyroid, cortisol, etc. The prolonged fever makes me thing you might have a chronic infection like tuberculosis or a fungus.

May not be wise to get your second procedure until your health is settled and your hair loss/meds have been stable for a year. Most ethical surgeons would agree with this stance.

40 minutes ago, consequence said:

thyroid, cortisol, etc. The prolonged fever makes me thing you might have a chronic infection like tuberculosis or a fungus

Thyroid - checked

Cortisol - checked

Tuberculosis - RTG done

Fungus - I think it's possible as my current apartment is in a bad condition, however, none of my doctors have followed this possibility and I don't know how to confirm or exclude it

43 minutes ago, consequence said:

May not be wise to get your second procedure until your health is settled and your hair loss/meds have been stable for a year. Most ethical surgeons would agree with this stance.

2 months ago it wasn't that bad + I had all my tests done with perfect results (CRP, OB), hence I didn't cancel it.

Hello, I know a colleague who was at Bicer and also had multis in his hair line everywhere.
I didn't believe it at first.
So in my opinion what bicer did here is not ok. The Mirko arrangement and the graft choice is of a lower design level.

Now you have to laboriously remove the multis again. You would have gotten the same approach with a hair mill. 

My colleague got his money back at the time.

5 hours ago, Konsole93 said:

Hello, I know a colleague who was at Bicer and also had multis in his hair line everywhere.
I didn't believe it at first.
So in my opinion what bicer did here is not ok. The Mirko arrangement and the graft choice is of a lower design level.

Now you have to laboriously remove the multis again. You would have gotten the same approach with a hair mill. 

My colleague got his money back at the time.

if you havent read the thread by now he already had a second procedure with bicer...

Will the multis then be removed again or what is the plan? What does the compensation look like?

think I would be extremely upset if I had multis from a reputable doctor and a linear line behind the hairline. To me personally the arrangement looks like something out of a hair mill but that's just my opinion. I would probably have freaked out and no longer trusted the clinic.

• Valued Contributor
12 minutes ago, Konsole93 said:

Will the multis then be removed again or what is the plan? What does the compensation look like?

think I would be extremely upset if I had multis from a reputable doctor and a linear line behind the hairline. To me personally the arrangement looks like something out of a hair mill but that's just my opinion. I would probably have freaked out and no longer trusted the clinic.

The OP seemed happy enough with his hairline, which is the main thing. However I agree with you - I pointed out the poor hairline work here myself so it’s concerning to hear your friend had similar (though it would be more helpful to see some evidence/photos). 

On 11/18/2023 at 11:32 AM, Konsole93 said:

also had multis in his hair line everywhere

I didn't have multis everywhere. Only a few.

On 11/18/2023 at 11:32 AM, Konsole93 said:

Now you have to laboriously remove the multis again

No, I didn't have to. I wouldn't notice it, if not for this thread. My hairdresser didn't notice it. Dr. Bicer took care of it for free.

On 11/18/2023 at 5:46 PM, Konsole93 said:

Will the multis then be removed again or what is the plan?

My hairline was lowered a little and filled with singles. + density was added to the hairline and the crown.

On 11/18/2023 at 6:01 PM, Berba11 said:

The OP seemed happy enough with his hairline, which is the main thing.

Cheers to that.

On 11/18/2023 at 6:01 PM, Berba11 said:

though it would be more helpful to see some evidence/photos

Exactly :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Maballack said:

Hey @mark2137 quick question, can you tell how you manage your oily scalp, do you have a proper regimen, I have an oily scalp but I see no noticeable improvement, i have tried everything basically.

Thanks

Nizoral - Tuesday, Sunday in the week 1, only Friday in the week 2

Paraderm (shampoo with tar, ichthammol, ciclopirox) - Friday in the week 1, Tuesday, Sunday in the week 2

Mediket Ictamo (ichthammol, octopirox) - twice a week, always on Monday, Thursday

A "normal" shampoo for hair growth - Wednesday, Saturday

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, mark2137 said:

Nizoral - Tuesday, Sunday in the week 1, only Friday in the week 2

Paraderm (shampoo with tar, ichthammol, ciclopirox) - Friday in the week 1, Tuesday, Sunday in the week 2

Mediket Ictamo (ichthammol, octopirox) - twice a week, always on Monday, Thursday

A "normal" shampoo for hair growth - Wednesday, Saturday

Thank you so much. Have you seen improvements? I just ordered the Mediket Ictamo. Hopefully will slow down the sebum production

regards

1 minute ago, Maballack said:

Thank you so much. Have you seen improvements? I just ordered the Mediket Ictamo. Hopefully will slow down the sebum production

regards

Absolutely yes, the thing is to use different shampoos not to allow your skin to get used to one/two of them. I really couldn't work in the office as my head was that itchy. I also had a lot of pimples of some sort. Now it happenes from time to time, but there's nothing to compare :)

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:24 PM, Reina said:

Your first result with dr bicer was in general ok.
so you got a free second pass with dr bicer ? How many grafts you got this time ?

i dont get this about a "free" second pass. his results were good overall. nothing to require a free second HT. though i respect those pointing out to multis in the hairline, those make a small part of the entire procedure.

i guess this concerns were fixed during the 2nd HT which was already planned to improve density.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies for the small delay - I've been very busy and even struggled to find time for a haircut.

Here's an update six months after adding 2200 grafts.

Overall, I'm happy with the results. However, I'm still experiencing hair loss, which was expected even before the first procedure. My plan now is to appreciate what I have, monitor the progression of any bald spots, and consider signing up for another surgery when covering them becomes impossible.

IMG20240331115141.jpg

IMG20240331115212.jpg

IMG20240331115226.jpg

IMG20240331115238.jpg

IMG20240331115259.jpg

• Valued Contributor
14 minutes ago, mark2137 said:

Apologies for the small delay - I've been very busy and even struggled to find time for a haircut.

Here's an update six months after adding 2200 grafts.

Overall, I'm happy with the results. However, I'm still experiencing hair loss, which was expected even before the first procedure. My plan now is to appreciate what I have, monitor the progression of any bald spots, and consider signing up for another surgery when covering them becomes impossible.

IMG20240331115141.jpg

IMG20240331115212.jpg

IMG20240331115226.jpg

IMG20240331115238.jpg

IMG20240331115259.jpg

Density looks good. Can we see the hairline itself?

• Like 1