Dr. Bicer | March 2022 | 3120 grafts

mark2137

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

@mark2137 at six months you are looking great. You can see the change kicking in at month 4-5. When you compare now to your baseline it’s like night and day! Many happy growing months ahead of you! Thanks for sharing! 👍

Thanks, Gatsby! Yes, 4 month was crucial. Only then I started feeling comfortable while going out haha

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 2:38 AM, THE TRUTH said:

Of course. I was just trolling and kidding a little bit. 

I agree with you. Bicer is good. Best option if you are on a budget for sure but certainly not comparable to the elite surgeons. She is a bit hyped on this forum. But she's good and consistent. 

Couto is amazing too. I talked about him many times. I like his work and I always recommend him but in all honesty he is also way overhyped. But I just don't think he is necessarily better than Pinto,  Ximena, Ferreira etc... 

Just like everyone I've seen the excellent cherry picked results on his youtube channel but I've also seen a couple average ones on the italian and spanish hairloss forums ! 

That said he is an amazing surgeon and I like him.

Hey few questions… Why do you think Bicer is overrated and doesn’t compare to the elite doctors I’m genuinely curious as I’m looking into her? Also would you put De Freitas pinto Couto ferriera all in the elite category? Who else would you put in the elite category?

thanks 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys :) Apologies I didn't post 7 month update. I was on holidays. However, not much changed during the last 2 months.

Right now I have two things on my mind.

1. When do you think I should start considering my second procedure? I'm 28 now. Of course, I can see a huge difference already but I'm losing my hair + midscalp hairs are much thinner and less dense than my front. Should I just survive as long as I can?

2. I have no idea how to manage my hair haha. I like the fact I have curly hair but to fully benefit from it I shouldn't use a hair dryer and a narrow comb. On the other hand, a narrow comb helps me to hide balder spots. When I just let my hair to dry (without a comb) I'm not able to do anything with it and I look much balder. A lot of people tell me to raise my hair which is also very difficult because of the difference I mentioned in the first point. It's frustrating. I do use fibres and you can see the outcome in the last picture. I would appreciate any advice :) 

@Spring15 first photos at your request.

IMG20221029165124.jpg

IMG20221029165213.jpg

IMG20221029165240.jpg

IMG20221029165338.jpg

IMG20221030151027.jpg

IMG20221030151048.jpg

IMG20221030151056.jpg

IMG20221030151105.jpg

IMG20221030151144.jpg

IMG20221103192811.jpg

IMG20221103192825.jpg

IMG20221103192835.jpg

IMG20221103193235.jpg

IMG20221103193353.jpg

IMG20221103193426.jpg

IMG20221103193510.jpg

IMG20221103193519.JPG

Your transplant looks similar to my first, decent enough. That was in 2017

Going for my second early next year , I'm 31. In hindsight I wish I had it last year or 2020 but COVID + was in a relationship so wasn't thinking about my hair much

If I were you I'd get your second next year

• Valued Contributor

Hi mate,

I normally like Bicer's work and you've had pretty decent growth, but I have to say I'm very surprised to see how many double graft hairs are all over the hairline. I don't want to be alarming or cause you any stress but to me this isn't very good hairline work at all. It lacks the softness we expect from good Dr's, and as someone who has recommended Bicer on this forum several times, I find this image below quite worrying. I also don't like the way the temple corners meet the temple points.

How do you feel about it?

EDIT: the doubles I've highlighted below are the most visibly obvious. I can see plenty of others in the rows right behind as well that appear to be doubles but I can't say for sure. I'm seeing the same thing in your picture on the other side of the hairline, too.

Bicer.jpeg

Edited by Berba11
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Hi mate,

I normally like Bicer's work and you've had pretty decent growth, but I have to say I'm very surprised to see how many double graft hairs are all over the hairline. I don't want to be alarming or cause you any stress but to me this isn't very good hairline work at all. It lacks the softness we expect from good Dr's, and as someone who has recommended Bicer on this forum several times, I find this image below quite worrying. I also don't like the way the temple corners meet the temple points.

EDIT: the doubles I've highlighted below are the most visibly obvious. I can see plenty of others in the rows right behind as well that appear to be doubles but I can't say for sure. I'm seeing the same thing in your picture on the other side of the hairline, too.

Bicer.jpeg

This is a bit surprising coming from bicer..

Still nice growth🙏

9 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

6 months in is still very early to be making a final judgment.

Growth is good and lots more expected so I highly doubt what we see how is anywhere near how it will be in another 6 months time. Looks great so far.

This is nearly 8 months. I doubt there will be significant further growth but we'll see

On 11/4/2022 at 8:27 PM, Berba11 said:

I don't want to be alarming or cause you any stress but to me this isn't very good hairline work at all.

Hi, it's fine, no worries. So how would you rate my result from 1 to 10? Honestly, the difference is so huge that I cannot be dissatisfied. That was my first out of two or three HTs and not treating it as a final result also changes my view.

I'm just very curious what you, guys here, think :) 

• Valued Contributor
42 minutes ago, mark2137 said:

Hi, it's fine, no worries. So how would you rate my result from 1 to 10? Honestly, the difference is so huge that I cannot be dissatisfied. That was my first out of two or three HTs and not treating it as a final result also changes my view.

I'm just very curious what you, guys here, think :) 

The softness & naturalness of the hairline to me is about a 2/10 at best. The growth is good though. I’m just really surprised this is Bicer’s work as she’s a highly regarded surgeon & that number of multiple hair grafts in the hairline is inexcusable. Personally I’d be querying this with her as those grafts simply shouldn’t be there.

Its an easy enough fix though; punch out the biggest offenders and implant more soft singles. 

• 1 month later...

Hi All, 10 month update. I will post the last one one year after the surgery - in March. The first set of photos - with natural light - it was very, very bright. Just FYI.

Again, I will appreciate all tips on when would you go for a second procedure and some feedback if you even see any difference vs my latest update.

I don't comb my hair like this on a daily basis. I let them curl more and stand + I use fibers.

IMG20221225131612.jpg

IMG20221225131650.jpg

IMG20221225132010.jpg

IMG20230104231916.jpg

IMG20230104231954.jpg

IMG20230104232012.jpg

IMG20230104232035.jpg

IMG20230104232058.jpg

IMG20230104232121.jpg

IMG20230107143151.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi :) So, this is my last update. One year ago I had my surgery and I will just simply say it was totally worth it. I cannot recognise myself in older pictures. I'm very grateful to Dr. Bicer. For the surgery itself but also for the post-op care.

Now, I will enjoy what I have and in September I'm about to go for the second run. Thanks to all of you who were following my progress. Take care and see you :)

IMG20230321213009.jpg

IMG20230321213111.jpg

IMG20230321213236.jpg

IMG20230321213357.jpg

IMG20230321213505.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/28/2023 at 7:17 AM, mark2137 said:

Hi :) So, this is my last update. One year ago I had my surgery and I will just simply say it was totally worth it. I cannot recognise myself in older pictures. I'm very grateful to Dr. Bicer. For the surgery itself but also for the post-op care.

Now, I will enjoy what I have and in September I'm about to go for the second run. Thanks to all of you who were following my progress. Take care and see you :)

It really is amazing when we look back pre-surgery and are so surprised at the difference.

Have you selected where you will go for your second HT? I would recommend a clinic that specializes in hairlines. It's going to be tricky to improve you hairline without lowering it, I would think.

I think I have mentioned it already but the plan was to have at least 2 HTs from the very beginning. As one year ago I was 27 and I'm still balding, Dr. Bicer (and some users here with whom I agree) planned not to make the hairline too dense as the density of the top of my head is decreasing. I can see very clearly that my hairline is more dense than the top (well, the space just after the hairline and before the top haha) because I lost some more hairs but it looks good and I can call it a transitional phase.

That is why I'm very happy with the result. It all went according to the plan. I was never promised and I was never expecting a full and dense results after the first HT.

Regarding tenting/sparse areas, please check to which areas I had grafts inserted.

In real life I got only good reviews. No one never asked me, if I had a HT. My hairdresser said she wouldn't have known. And, of course, my life improved a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dhhhh said:

My problem. With this forum is that people don’t call out bad work from affiliated surgeons with the network 

All opinions about this transplant aside, I'm not sure what regular users would gain from giving dishonest feedback about any surgeons work.

That being said, it's of course okay to be critical but if @mark2137 or anyone else on here is happy with their result there's no need to be overly negative about it. There are tons of pictures and people can judge for themselves if this result is what they would like to see for their own transplant or not. I think it turned out nicely.

Edited by Tres
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tres said:

All opinions about this transplant aside, I'm not sure what regular users would gain from giving dishonest feedback about any surgeons work.

That being said, it's of course okay to be critical but if @mark2137 or anyone else on here is happy with their result there's no need to be overly negative about it. There are tons of pictures and people can judge for themselves if this result is what they would like to see for their own transplant or not. I think it turned out nicely.

Bicer has gained a lot of hype on this forum through a few top tier results, but there are plenty of average ones too. She by the sounds of it has good moral integrity & cares for her patients. She is a good surgeon but not comparable to the top dogs delivering consistent killer results

This is turning out decent, not amazing - I think @Dhhhh is being a little harsh with the criticism claiming this is "bad" 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spring15 said:

Bicer has gained a lot of hype on this forum through a few top tier results, but there are plenty of average ones too. She by the sounds of it has good moral integrity & cares for her patients. She is a good surgeon but not comparable to the top dogs delivering consistent killer results

This is turning out decent, not amazing - I think @Dhhhh is being a little harsh with the criticism claiming this is "bad" 

Yeah, I see “decent” results more often than not from Dr Bicer, very capable and very experienced, not all results turn out amazing. Some are ok and that’s fine, I can’t see what that poster wrote but “bad” is too much. 

• Like 1