Yaman 4800 grafts done Oct 15, 2021

SGT

I figured I'd write a short review on Dr. Yaman.  I have been very pleased so far, but would love to hear any feedback on the progress.  The experience was a good one.  The procedure was a bit painful at times and very long. The first couple weeks were annoying with having to be careful, etc but after that everything has been easy.  I was on fin for the first 4 months and am now on min 2 times a day.  The first 2 pics are before, the next 2 are 4 months in and the last 3 are current at 5 months.  

before b.jpg

before.jpg

4 months b.jpg

4 months.jpg

5 months.jpg

5 months b.jpg

5 months c.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks really good for 5 months. Very happy for you. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

The work looks very clean 👌

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 1:53 PM, slim999 said:

Nice review. I am booked with Dr. Yaman for next month for 4500 grafts, DHI method. 

How was your experience? Ive also been quoted 4500 grafts via DHi. Im new so still dont understand the benefits of DHI over FUE and FUT.

On 5/5/2022 at 4:59 PM, Dally6 said:

How was your experience? Ive also been quoted 4500 grafts via DHi. Im new so still dont understand the benefits of DHI over FUE and FUT.

I had a very good overall experience with Dr. Yaman's clinic. From the moment I arrived at Istanbul to the day of the surgery and also post-HT, the service was excellent. Dr. Yaman is a very pleasant guy and he was very easy to communicate with. He did initial hairline and the incision. The extraction and hair transplant was done by 3 techs, who I think did a pretty good job. But I have to wait and see how the results. I opted for DHI, but I really don't know what the difference since I  slept through most of the procedure. The only thing that I hated was the anesthesia , which hurt quite a lot. But once that was over  I didn't feel a thing. I stayed in IST was 6 nights. I will be putting a much detailed post about my experience. 

Edited by slim999
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, slim999 said:

I had a very good overall experience with Dr. Yaman's clinic. From the moment I arrived at Istanbul to the day of the surgery and also post-HT, the service was excellent. Dr. Yaman is a very pleasant guy and he was very easy to communicate with. He did initial hairline and the incision. The extraction and hair transplant was done by 3 techs, who I think did a pretty good job. But I have to wait and see how the results. I opted for DHI, but I really don't know what the difference since I  slept through most of the procedure. The only thing that I hated was the anesthesia , which hurt quite a lot. But once that was over  I didn't feel a thing. I stayed in IST was 6 nights. I will be putting a much detailed post about my experience. 

How was the anesthesia administered? Multiple injections into the donor and recement areas? How many injections? They didn't numb the area with a swab first?

8 hours ago, Dally6 said:

How was the anesthesia administered? Multiple injections into the donor and recement areas? How many injections? They didn't numb the area with a swab first?

By injections but I did not see what it was. I think they poked my scalp 4-5 times in total. Dr. Yaman did this part as well and he massaged my scalp in between some of the injections to make t less painful. I was also given a tablet, as per my choice (not sure of the name), to calm my nerves a bit. Maybe that helped a bit as well.  Luckily I was the only HT patient that day, that's what I was told. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:59 AM, Dally6 said:

FUT is when they make a horizontal cut in back of the head from side to side which leaves a small linear scar. FUE is when they take each follicle individually from the back and plant it as front.

DHI is same as FUE except with fue, they make an incision (a hole) in the recepient area then take the hair follicle and implant it in the incision. With DHI they put the hair follicle in implanter pen and implant it in recepient area in one go ie no need for making separate incision and then implanting, it’s done in one go with the implanter pen.

The benefit is less bleeding, supposedly more graft survival etc. 

The thing is surgeon skill still matter and graft extraction and time outside body still matters.  If they damage the graft during extraction, dhi or fue doesn’t matter. And if they keep the graft outside body for a long time, graft survival would still be less.

So in the end, a great surgeon is what matters. DHI is a better method generally 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Euphoria said:

FUT is when they make a horizontal cut in back of the head from side to side which leaves a small linear scar. FUE is when they take each follicle individually from the back and plant it as front.

DHI is same as FUE except with fue, they make an incision (a hole) in the recepient area then take the hair follicle and implant it in the incision. With DHI they put the hair follicle in implanter pen and implant it in recepient area in one go ie no need for making separate incision and then implanting, it’s done in one go with the implanter pen.

The benefit is less bleeding, supposedly more graft survival etc. 

The thing is surgeon skill still matter and graft extraction and time outside body still matters.  If they damage the graft during extraction, dhi or fue doesn’t matter. And if they keep the graft outside body for a long time, graft survival would still be less.

So in the end, a great surgeon is what matters. DHI is a better method generally 

Thanks. Thats a helpful explanation. DHI sounds like it may also be less painful and also quicker? I assume slits don't need to be made or the still do?

Edited by Dally6

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Looks great man happy for you

8D203963-A9A8-47F7-A457-33AFF2C39F36.jpeg

View my thread

I mean, I can't speak for others but I am real and this thread started a long time before all that stuff.  I think he did me well so that is something I like to post about. Sorry you want to have more negative reviews of his.  

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Didnt post since may, all of sudden these yaman cases have been coming out left right and centre since that thread about him, no coinicidence at all lol. 

You're getting to be a troll. I just tagged his thread in my recent post, which sends a notification to his email. Don't be surprised if every thread I posted gets updates. He's a legitimate patient, so what are you accusing him of? 

View my thread

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You're getting to be a troll. I just tagged his thread in my recent post, which sends a notification to his email. Don't be surprised if every thread I posted gets updates. He's a legitimate patient, so what are you accusing him of? 

I never said he was not a legit patient, please be mindful when trying to paraphrase me. I just said it's a common thing, when critique is aimed at some doctors on the list, patient reviews and cases suddenly are posted to try and negate threads and show their good work. Nothing wrong with that at all, for instance the doctor personally posted a new patient case just after hair loss for life's critique which I thought was reasonable.  A troll is someone who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, I offer praise and critique equal where I feel it's justified. 

• Like 1