About to pull the trigger but nervous...

Hi everyone I'm about to pull the trigger and book my transplant for next week with Dr Turan (FUE Capilar) - £2500 for around 2500 grafts to front and 500 to crown. This isn't a last minute decision - I have done a lot of research over the last couple of months and he seems to have very good results for a great price. The main concern I have is that I will need another transplant in the future but I am taking Fin without experiencing sides so hopefully if I do need another one it won't be for a good few years.

I've been agonosing over this for quite a long time but I'm still hesitating because no matter how much research you do there are still unknowns - eg How good will the surgery be? Will I need a transplant in the future when native hairs fall out? etc. I think I am confident as I can be because of the research that I have done.

I guess that I am looking for some final reassurance/comments before I do pull the trigger (which I AM GOING TO DO unless anyone convinces me otherwise). I think this is just cold feet and I would be stupid not to be concerned about risks right?

By the way I'd like to say thanks to everyone who contributes to this website as I have found it so useful and I may well have gone to a cheap hair mill if it didn't exist...!

I will be posting my experience to hopefully help others (BECAUSE I AM GOING TO BITE THE BULLET AND BOOK THIS....!)

hair1.jpg

hair2.jpg

It sounds like you've made up your mind. How old are you? Personally I'd pay more and go to a better Dr but I know this isn't always possible. If you can afford it, Dr. Biçer or Dr. Pinto are better lower cost options but definitely more than the Dr you chose. I can't really see your donor area but you look like a good candidate for a HT

• Like 1

Thanks, yes Bicer always comes up. She's double the price and has no availability for months though. I'm 38. Dr Turan's work looks great and all positive reviews so I'm comfortable with him. From what I've seen he's as good as Bicer.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I like Dr. Turan, he seems to be doing good work, price point is pretty low. But he does the work which is good. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

First time procedure hesitation is something alot of us go through. You're on the right path, maximizing the odds in your favor with good research, doctor selection. Stay positive, trust the process, and accept your conviction that hanging on to your hair is important and justified for living your life the way you want to. Alot of guys either wait too long and miss the chance for getting the best overall outcome, or worse, do nothing and suffering in silence.  

• Like 2

I like Turan, too. I've seen many great results in a Facebook group I'm in. Both Turan and Gur would be great additions to the forum's preferred network. 

Personally, I like Gur. He does traditional FUE (Turan did DHI) and has a package where he does the extractions and incisions got €1.25/graft. Excellent value, IMO. 

Bring a little anxious is to be expected. Everyone goes through that. My advice is to book it and don't second guess it. You've done your due diligence and have made a proper decision. As soon as you have the transplant, you'll wish you did it sooner, I promise!

Good luck!

• Like 1

hi, of course it is your decision, but i just wanted to let you know that i like your hair status, also considering you are 38. i went to dr bisanga to have a hairline like you meaning with some significant temples. however, it never bothered me, i even thoght it suits me 🙂 and i also didnt want to like 25 again (i am 37). 

i like your pictures and hair. maybe do something about the crown.

good luck

• Like 1

Cheers man, I’ve actually decided not to go ahead. Was so close to booking but have decided to continue with Fin and have bought a supply of min. The thing stopping me was that actually I don’t worry about my hairline, I just think it would be great to have an improved one. On balance for me I’ve decided it’s not worth it at this stage (by that I don’t mean the money but the recovery process and also I don’t want to have to worry about potentially being tied in to another op if I lose more native hair). So it’s something I will consider further down the line but for now I’m gonna manage with meds and hope for some slight improvement in thickness. One of the reasons for my initial enthusiasm was finding Dr Turan who does the implants himself and all for an affordable price. I think if I was to go ahead would use someone like him.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 6:52 AM, RecedingSebs said:

Hi everyone I'm about to pull the trigger and book my transplant for next week with Dr Turan (FUE Capilar) - £2500 for around 2500 grafts to front and 500 to crown. This isn't a last minute decision - I have done a lot of research over the last couple of months and he seems to have very good results for a great price. The main concern I have is that I will need another transplant in the future but I am taking Fin without experiencing sides so hopefully if I do need another one it won't be for a good few years.

I've been agonosing over this for quite a long time but I'm still hesitating because no matter how much research you do there are still unknowns - eg How good will the surgery be? Will I need a transplant in the future when native hairs fall out? etc. I think I am confident as I can be because of the research that I have done.

I guess that I am looking for some final reassurance/comments before I do pull the trigger (which I AM GOING TO DO unless anyone convinces me otherwise). I think this is just cold feet and I would be stupid not to be concerned about risks right?

By the way I'd like to say thanks to everyone who contributes to this website as I have found it so useful and I may well have gone to a cheap hair mill if it didn't exist...!

I will be posting my experience to hopefully help others (BECAUSE I AM GOING TO BITE THE BULLET AND BOOK THIS....!)

hair1.jpg

hair2.jpg

I am curious about a couple of things.  First, what research did you do? This is concerning when you are planning on doing 500 for the crown.  (500 is typically what's used on an eyebrow.  Putting that number in the crown will make no visual change when you consider the whirl.  With all the miniaturized hair you have, it makes more sense to add all medical therapies to the mix.  (Fin, Min, PRP, Laser).  Since you're holding off, I would just do those and give them a year.  You can then concentrate ALL the grafts the doctor can harvest towards the front and blend to that mid-scalp.  This is the area you see when looking in the mirror, it is also the area others see when they interact with you.

The images you've provided, is this the way you typically wear your hair?  Why not consider FUT? Once you exhaust FUT, (no more elasticity), you can then do FUE. This way you take advantage of all that is available in the donor - if needed.

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Hi man, thanks for your comment. As far as research is concerned, my brother is a Doctor in the NHS and one of his friends happens to be a Consultant Plastic Surgeon who does hair transplants in the UK. I had a free in person consultation with him and he gave me great advice (as you would expect from someone with years of medical training and specific experience in this field). Thankfully I have his phone number and he has been available for me to discuss various queries that I've had. I have gone on to speak to a few Doctors and many patient co-ordinators as well as completed my own research on the internet, focusing on really useful websites like this (and avoiding dodgy reviews....) Every Doctor I have spoken to has recommended grafts in the crown area so what you are suggesting is different. The front area is my main concern though. What I discussed with the Consultant was FUE first then FUT if needed (simply because I don't think the FUE scarring is as bad). I have considered FUT first but for me I'd rather leave that for second op (if needed).

@RecedingSebs

Excited for you! :)

Yes, pull the trigger, it will change your life for the better.
You look to be in a similar hair situation that I was prior to a ht operation (heck, your hair is even thicker).

I went to a 'hair mill' in Istanbul and my transplant thus far has been deemed successful. 
So I've no doubt you'll do well with Dr. Turan.

(Six months after operation for reference)
image.thumb.png.dce5821fa3373c51985201f2b613ee8e.png

Edited by SeanToman

• Valued Contributor

@RecedingSebs good for you! NO ONE has to have a hair transplant. If you feel that you are unsure and need convincing then IMHO you are not a candidate for surgery. You have quite possibly dodged a huge psychological bullet. Also the point you raised that you may/will need more surgery over the lifespan is real. Wishing you all the best!

• Like 1