Eugenix - 3000 grafts - Grade 6/7 - My First Hair Transplant - February 28 2022

If you ever wanted to get another procedure, your donor is in great shape. Plenty more to dip into over the years. Again, very smart of you to not deplete it all in one session.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MazAB said:

If you ever wanted to get another procedure, your donor is in great shape. Plenty more to dip into over the years. Again, very smart of you to not deplete it all in one session.

Yeah...I 2nd that. I think that was the strategy employed by Eugenix on purpose given your age and the progression of hair loss. Taking too much out of the donor at once can destroy its use for future procedures. Another clinic might have done that. Hopefully finasteride will give you a boost as well.

Slow, but steady wins the race. It is easy to lose perspective of course. The way I am trying to think about it is that it took me so many years to lose my hair, therefore, if it takes me 2 or 3 years to get it back (rather than 1 year) it is nothing in the scheme of things. 

Better to do it the way you are doing than taking reckless chances.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, quantumhair said:

Is my donor looking too different to other cases?

Hi @quantumhair- I am not sure, but a Eugenix case that comes to mind which is posted on this forum is from @budhair

Apparently, his donor was very weak and Eugenix over 2 surgeries managed to extract close to 4k scalp grafts combined with another 4k or so beard grafts to give him pretty much a full head of hair.

20 months after his 2nd surgery, he had a big beard hair shed, but I think it grew back in. Dr. Arika did a video several months back in which his case was presented.

I don't know how your donor compares with his...it may be much better for all I know, but his case is a great example of what could be done.

Hope this helps!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 3/7/2022 at 8:24 AM, quantumhair said:

6th day donor close up with flash light turned on:

20220307_214936.thumb.jpg.e75fdfd9cf6c227cbbe22b13e68afc2d.jpg

The donor is healing very well 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I keep getting confused, DHI using choi pen is also FUE, is that what Eugenix use? Does anyone know?

Or what's the difference DHT vs DHI

Edited by deadman

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, FUE ~2850 grafts implanted for crown(primary concern), March 2023

1 hour ago, deadman said:

I keep getting confused, DHI using choi pen is also FUE, is that what Eugenix use? Does anyone know?

Or what's the difference DHT vs DHI

In DHI there are no pre-made slits. The incision is done using the Choi implanter itself and the graft is pushed into the slit immediately through the push of a manual button on top of the implanter. 

In DHT, the grafts are put into pre-made slits using SAVA implanter pens.

50 minutes ago, Drish said:

In DHI there are no pre-made slits. The incision is done using the Choi implanter itself and the graft is pushed into the slit immediately through the push of a manual button on top of the implanter. 

In DHT, the grafts are put into pre-made slits using SAVA implanter pens.

Understood

Also with DHI, I read that it is used to achieve higher density vs DHT is used to get full coverage.

With DHI, channels are small when hair is implanted, while with DHT, channels are bigger

With DHI, grafts stay outside for a little amount of time.

(DHI vs DHT) Whats really the deal, is one better than other? Or it's suited for different purposes?

Eugenix is using DHT I guess, I checked the website

Edited by deadman

2 minutes ago, deadman said:

Understood

Also with DHI, I read that it is used to achieve higher density vs DHT is used to get full coverage.

With DHI, channels are small when hair is implanted, while with DHT, channels are bigger

(DHI vs DHT) Whats really the deal, is one better than other? Or it's suited for different purposes?

Which one is Eugenix using?

Eugenix uses DHT.

I had direct experience with DHT. So in that, they made all the slits on day 1 and all the extracction and implantation on day 2. The extraction and implantation is a simultaneous process. Each extracted graft is immediately handed over to technicians. They put them into implanters and give back to implanter technician who immediately implants.

I don't have direct experience with DHI. But I did consult DHI India. One thing worth mentioning is that they charge in terms hairs or folicles. Also they split multi hair grafts into single folicles and implant them. For example, if they quoted you 4000 units, that is 4000 hairs not 4000 grafts.

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

20 minutes ago, deadman said:

Understood

Which one is Eugenix using?

Every method has it's merits and demerits. Each surgeon has his/her own preference. It cannot be said objectively that one method is better than the other. Ultimately it's upto the skill of the surgeon to deliver a desired result. So, instead of choosing for the technique, the onus should be on selecting a good surgeon who has been delivering consistent results over a long period of time.

I believe you're quite misinformed about DHI and DHT. DHT was specifically formulated by the Eugenix founders to reduce the out-of-body time of the grafts. 

In regards to the question of giving density, many doctors say pre-made slits is much more conducive to the same because in DHI the surgeon has to make an incision right next to an already implanted graft. This increases chances of causing trauma to the implanted graft, more so when you're going for a high density transplantation. In pre-made slit based methods like regular FUE/ DHT slits are made beforehand and there is no risk of damaging a graft while making an incision. 

Eugenix uses DHT which is a modified version on FUE where the slits are made before extraction. Extraction and implantation processes go on simultaneously reducing the out-of-body time of the grafts ensuring maximum survivability.

Edited by Drish

3 minutes ago, quantumhair said:

Eugenix uses DHT.

I had direct experience with DHT. So in that, they made all the slits on day 1 and all the extracction and implantation on day 2. The extraction and implantation is a simultaneous process. Each extracted graft is immediately handed over to technicians. They put them into implanters and give back to implanter technician who immediately implants.

I don't have direct experience with DHI. But I did consult DHI India. One thing worth mentioning is that they charge in terms hairs or folicles. Also they split multi hair grafts into single folicles and implant them. For example, if they quoted you 4000 units, that is 4000 hairs not 4000 grafts.

Eugenix online price page does not seem to work

https://www.eugenix.in/cost-of-hair-transplant.html

Do you have a new one? You mentioned earlier, you went with basic one so it's 60 per graft I remember

12 minutes ago, deadman said:

Eugenix online price page does not seem to work

https://www.eugenix.in/cost-of-hair-transplant.html

Do you have a new one? You mentioned earlier, you went with basic one so it's 60 per graft I remember

Basic one is RS 75 + GST. No accommodation will be provided. I didn't particularly negotiate price/accommodation.

See this post for pricing:

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

3 minutes ago, quantumhair said:

Basic one is RS 75 + GST. No accommodation will be provided. I didn't particularly negotiate price/accommodation.

See this post for pricing:

Yeah prices raised, it was 60 which is now 75 :/
Thanks for the reference

• Haha 1

@quantumhair

Reading your entire post, how from the pictures you were quoted the number of grafts vs what was the actual count, I guess you had video consultation with the clinics?

If yes, you suggest to go see in person right?

and if you were to go back, would you give medispa a chance?

5 hours ago, deadman said:

@quantumhair

Reading your entire post, how from the pictures you were quoted the number of grafts vs what was the actual count, I guess you had video consultation with the clinics?

If yes, you suggest to go see in person right?

and if you were to go back, would you give medispa a chance?

@deadmanWhile FUT+FUE may work great for people with low donors, scar is a deal breaker for me, personally. So it was out of the question for that reason.

I will stick to Eugenix for second procedure as well. This is even if I don't consider FUT scar. The second surgery in my case would just be a continuation of the first. What I want out of that is still need to be decided i.e. crown vs hair line vs density improvement.

That said, I really hope some new technique comes in the coming decade to generate new hair in some form :D

On 3/8/2022 at 3:32 AM, MazAB said:

Thank you buddy :)

On 3/8/2022 at 4:13 AM, SLA said:

Yeah...I 2nd that. I think that was the strategy employed by Eugenix on purpose given your age and the progression of hair loss. Taking too much out of the donor at once can destroy its use for future procedures. Another clinic might have done that. Hopefully finasteride will give you a boost as well.

Slow, but steady wins the race. It is easy to lose perspective of course. The way I am trying to think about it is that it took me so many years to lose my hair, therefore, if it takes me 2 or 3 years to get it back (rather than 1 year) it is nothing in the scheme of things. 

Better to do it the way you are doing than taking reckless chances.

I hope that is the case. I'm hopeful of a second session.

17 hours ago, SLA said:

Hi @quantumhair- I am not sure, but a Eugenix case that comes to mind which is posted on this forum is from @budhair

Apparently, his donor was very weak and Eugenix over 2 surgeries managed to extract close to 4k scalp grafts combined with another 4k or so beard grafts to give him pretty much a full head of hair.

20 months after his 2nd surgery, he had a big beard hair shed, but I think it grew back in. Dr. Arika did a video several months back in which his case was presented.

I don't know how your donor compares with his...it may be much better for all I know, but his case is a great example of what could be done.

Hope this helps!!!

That's interesting. Do you mind sharing a link to the video of the shedding? I think @budhair has stopped responding on the thread 2nd Hair Transplant with Eugenix. Thanks for helping me out.

14 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The donor is healing very well 👏🏼

Thank you :)

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 7:00 AM, SLA said:

Hi @quantumhair- Happy growing as you will get a great result. I agree that the conservative hairline option was a great way to start and can be modified later on. Here is a good example from Eugenix of someone with non-optimal scalp and beard donor with thin hair in which over 2 sessions they implanted 6k grafts (4k scalp, 2k beard). The crown is a bit diffuse, although they mention in the notes that he could have come back for an additional 2k grafts to achieve greater density.

In your case, your hairline design is a bit more conservative (which is a good thing) than the OP in this video and I think you have a bit more native hair still left in the crown.

This will hopefully give you some hope for your journey.

Eugenix might have been conservative in your initial go, but they always seem in the end to 'find' grafts to extract.

He had the picard hairline and they were able to give home good coverage theyre amazing at what they do with higher Norwood’s 

On 3/9/2022 at 5:32 AM, quantumhair said:

That's interesting. Do you mind sharing a link to the video of the shedding? I think @budhair has stopped responding on the thread 2nd Hair Transplant with Eugenix. Thanks for helping me out.

Sure @quantumhair- Happy to help. Budhair is the 1st case they present in which they show some lower reduction over time in areas with beard hairs due to the varying growth phases.

I am sure there is variance in how this plays out in each individual.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

He had the picard hairline and they were able to give home good coverage theyre amazing at what they do with higher Norwood’s 

Now I know this is called "picard hairline" :D

How important are PRP sessions? They did prior to surgery and they have some complementary PRPs in my package. But it's hard to travel back there just for PRPs. I asked it seems the only option is to go back there to avail them. Although I'm Indian Delhi is too far (also not sure if flight tickets are worth spending back and forth for PRP).

1 hour ago, quantumhair said:

@SLAThanks for sharing. Hope to get an update from him soon.

Unlikely @quantumhairas he has not posted in years.

I think he is a good example of an advanced NW with fine hair and weak and limited donor that achieved solid results.

13 hours ago, SLA said:

Unlikely @quantumhairas he has not posted in years.

I think he is a good example of an advanced NW with fine hair and weak and limited donor that achieved solid results.

Thank you for informing me. It seems like the video you linked above was made private now for some reason.

4 hours ago, quantumhair said:

Thank you for informing me. It seems like the video you linked above was made private now for some reason.

That's interesting...I do not see their YouTube channel anymore. I was subscribed and now it is not there. I wonder why...

5 minutes ago, SLA said:

That's interesting...I do not see their YouTube channel anymore. I was subscribed and now it is not there. I wonder why...

Ahh. How did I not notice that. My bad. May be they have temporarily disabled it for some revamp or something.