6 month timeline FUE 5k sept 2021 Dr. Hasson

Had FUE with Dr. Hasson approximately 6 months ago. My result thus far doesn't look as spectacular as some posted on the H&W website timelines but been told by clinic my result is typical and there's still time to improve; hopeful that is the case. I only had the mid scalp and front area restored and left the crown as is.

DSCF9699.JPG

Screenshot_20220215-205336_Gallery.jpg

Edited by melendezam
  • Like 2

• Administrators

It’s half way there, definitely will improve in the next few months.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

44 minutes ago, Egy said:

You have chosen one of the best surgeons in the world, you will see that you will have an excellent result.

Just curious when you say one of the best in the world. Does that include Hasson and Wong or just Hasson?

51 minutes ago, StressedOut said:

Just curious when you say one of the best in the world. Does that include Hasson and Wong or just Hasson?

yes, I don't know why, but I associate Hasson's name with Wong's and vice versa, I consider them both on the same level and I don't really know if one is better than the other, maybe one will be more able to reconstruct the hairline and perhaps the other the crown, and perhaps the fact that they work in the same clinic makes me think this, in addition to the fact that I have hardly ever seen a poor transplant performed by these two surgeons.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Update?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, sorry for the long wait. I've included my month 9 photos. My hair isn't styled at all with the non transplanted hair pulled back in the pics bc I wanted to get a good look at what was happening. 

Also included 2 pics from about 2 weeks after surgery for comparison.

20220530_133315.jpg

20220530_133453.jpg

20220530_133520.jpg

20220530_133551.jpg

20220530_133634.jpg

20220530_135235.jpg

Screenshot_20220615-093003_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220615-092945_Photos.jpg

From what I've read, there's still time for the hair that has grown in to become thicker. However, I was hoping you'd have a little more growth. I also went with Hassan and Wong, but I'm not quite to one month post-procedure.

How much donor hair did Hassan say remained?

Edited by Axel

1 hour ago, Hair transplant is a huge said:

Looks like a good result.

But it seems like you are thining behind the transplanted  area. 

Are you on oral medication ? 

I am on finasteride and I do topical minoxidil. I also realize that I have significant thinning beyond transplanted area, but that was prior to surgery (you can see in first post). i was mostly concerned with how my hair frames my face and not as concerned with crown/mid scalp. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axel said:

From what I've read, there's still time for the hair that has grown in to become thicker. However, I was hoping you'd have a little more growth. I also went with Hassan and Wong, but I'm not quite to one month post-procedure.

How much donor hair did Hassan say remained?

Hasson said I had another 5k left, but personally I don't know if I would do another surgery. The time and anxiety were a lot for me

• Like 1

5k grafts is a lot for just front to mid region, is it possible that too many grafts in such tight area caused some grafts not to survive? Usualy on such big fue or fut cases they pack 3-3.5k grafts from front to mid, has the clinic said why 5k were needed there?

1 hour ago, civic said:

5k grafts is a lot for just front to mid region, is it possible that too many grafts in such tight area caused some grafts not to survive? Usualy on such big fue or fut cases they pack 3-3.5k grafts from front to mid, has the clinic said why 5k were needed there?

I also went to H&W if you check my page, and they did a dense pack of 2600 grafts on just my temples mainly. So I hope they know what they're doing lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, civic said:

Their initial estimate was about 4k or so, but the area of my head is actually larger than average

• Like 1

You've definitely achieved 'coverage' at this point. Regardless of what many say I you can get further growth after 9 months but not a crazy amount. Might be worth checking Dr Hassons opinion on whats the transplanted versus native hair thinning

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great, especially considering your goals/situation. The transplanted area looks incredible, and you've accomplished the mission of focusing on framing the face while being less concerned at getting full density in the area behind it. It's a viable strategy that could likely still pay off even if you choose not to get another procedure. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It's a good result. 👍

but like you said not as spectacular as the outstanding cherry picked results posted by clinivs. 

It's a classic amongst the classics. 

All Clinics (not just hairmills)  even the most reputable ones such as Hasson & Wong etc... only show their very best results. 

But still your result is good and it's a big change compared to baseline. 

The only issue is that you could have gotten the same result with a significantly less expensive clinic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...