3900 Grafts with Dr. Bloxham - 8 Months Post-Op

• Administrators

Looks really good man, hope you’ll update us at 12 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey:Β 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journeyΒ 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for theΒ Hair Transplant Network, theΒ Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and theΒ Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media:Β Facebook,Β Instagram,Β Linkedin,Β and YouTube.

Β 

Absolutely a night and day difference. As @JC71said, pictures of the donor area would be great. Thank you for sharing your amazing result

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.Β 

• 4 weeks later...

This is where I am going next Christmas :) Love seeing his good results!

One thing I have noticed is he doesn't like to rebuild temples very much. Have you considered it? I feel like it would give your result a huge aesthetic boost.

Anyways, congrats OP!

Edit: 3900 seems a lot but looking closer not really- Bloxham most definitely planned on the tuft that remained pre-op to eventually disappear and thus implanted over it (he said the same thing about mine when I did a live consultation with him last summer). OP had the entire frontal 3rd restored (most likely a bit of the mid scalp as well), which makes the graft count seem more reasonable.

He quoted me around the same amount of grafts for the frontal third (I think he said 3400 for me) and I have much more hair, but I am also diffuse thinning all over my scalp in a NW5 pattern.Β 

Edited by CaliforniaLiving

7 hours ago, CaliforniaLiving said:

One thing I have noticed is he doesn't like to rebuild temples very much. Have you considered it? I feel like it would give your result a huge aesthetic boost.

Anyways, congrats OP!

Edit: 3900 seems a lot but looking closer not really- Bloxham most definitely planned on the tuft that remained pre-op to eventually disappear and thus implanted over it (he said the same thing about mine when I did a live consultation with him last summer). OP had the entire frontal 3rd restored (most likely a bit of the mid scalp as well), which makes the graft count seem more reasonable.

He quoted me around the same amount of grafts for the frontal third (I think he said 3400 for me) and I have much more hair, but I am also diffuse thinning all over my scalp in a NW5 pattern.Β 

Graft amount can also vary by size of scalp, some have smaller head, 3k might me more than enough , even if frontal 3rd is completely empty.Β 

On 3/2/2022 at 3:05 AM, Gatsby said:

Excellent results! πŸ‘Œ Are you taking Finasteride or anything to stabilize your hair loss? Thanks for sharing!Β 

I'm not! Just using minoxidil. I tried Finasteride for about a month many years ago but had a bad experience. That may have been psychological though, given all the stories you read about it. In any case I decided it wasn't for me.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, J.A.C said:

For 8 months this looks particularly good. Would you be able to show the donor area ? And any post op pics ? Thanks πŸ™Β 

Here is immediate post-op. I'll try to take a pic of the back of my head. It looks complete normal though.

IMG_5246.jpg

On 4/5/2022 at 2:53 PM, CaliforniaLiving said:

Anyways, congrats OP!

I just posted a post-op pic in response to someone else. You can kind of see how far back he went.

Regarding the temples, I decided to put my trust entirely in Dr. B. I'm very happy with the result and can't imagine changing anything for now. But you never know...

• Like 1