FUE | 1387 grafts | Dr Dorin

MBJ48

Hi everyone

So last week I had my appointment to get 1200 grafts taken from the the back and sides, and added to the front. I indicated that I was happy to go over by 200, but not more for financial reasons. Dr Dorin, didn't think we'd need to go much over the initial 1200 we agreed upon back in December, but we managed to get 1387 in the end, which will hopefully give it that little more density. The team were great, very friendly and anything I needed they provided without question (blanket, socks, drinks etc.). When I arrived at 7:20am, they gave me a menu so I could choose my lunch, which was all comfort food and the burger I picked was perfect and just what I needed after sitting in the chair for 2/3 hours.

Before anything the Dr gave me 10ml valium just to take the edge off and I felt pretty drunk for the first couple of hours and wasn't the most steady on my feet when I needed the rest room. Unfortunately the valium made me a little sleepy, but I wasn't able to fall asleep, as I had to move my head from time to time for grafts to be extracted. The anesthesia was the most uncomfortable part, but really wasn't that bad... just a lot of it. The extraction was pretty straight forward and then when it came to the next phase, Dr Dorin made the holes with a nurse/tech counting until we reached 1387. One puncher was singular for the hairline and then he used another puncher that had 6 blades for the other areas of the head. Once all the holes had been made, I had two technicians (one with 15 years experience and the other with 30) on either side add the hairs and then for the final few grafts, maybe 400, another two technicians took over. 

Once it was complete, Dr Dorin came in and got the mirror out. I was a little shocked to be honest and got all hot and sweaty and had to sit down, as I thought I might pass-out. I knew it was going to look like it did, but I didn't think I was going to lose as much hair as I did and all I could keep thinking was 'shit, how am I going to style my hair from now until it's completely sorted. 

Well it is what it is and I know a year from now, if not sooner I will be over the moon with the outcome. 

If I remember correctly, think I had around 380 singles, 777 doubles and the rest were triples. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.23.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.23.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.23.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.23.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.23.59 AM.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

Work looks clean excited to follow your journey.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Sounds like you had a rather typical experience.  Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing progress in the near future.  Happy growing...in 3-4 months.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 months later...

So this is 20 weeks or 5 months and I feel I am only just starting to see hairs come through. No real improvement from how it was, but I understand it’s still pretty early and everyone is different. I do feel that one side is better than the other though, but again, will give it another month or two until I reach out to the Dr with any concerns.

8C7FE39F-7154-4784-A1C6-FD356D4080FE.jpeg

E56FCFAF-DA45-4B4D-8733-2AB445046E48.jpeg

C5B242B2-0F3F-4612-AFE6-73866F25F5E5.jpeg

Looks really good. I appreciate how a conservative number of grafts were used given just how thick/dark your hair behind the hairline is. Good illusion of density. If you don't mind me asking how much were you charged per graft? Thanks.

Looks like some new growth.  Keep growing and keep us informed with monthly progress reports.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

We're pulling for you to keep growing.  Looking forward to hearing from you later this month.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:52 PM, MBJ48 said:

It’s only been three weeks since I last updated. I’ll update at the end of august

No prob! Do you think you've improved since the last update? No pics necessary or anything.

I don’t think much has changed to be honest, but I think that’s because we literally look in the mirror many times a day, so tough to see minimal changes. I mentioned it before and I still think one side is better than the other, but hoping that changes eventually 

• 2 weeks later...

Its sometimes hard to discern differences when you're looking at it daily.  Sometimes its better to have someone else take a close look and then ask them to look at it every 2-3 weeks or so to see if they see differences.  Just an idea that has worked for others in the past.

Definitely @JohnCasper. It is certainly better than it was, for sure, but I see some areas that I feel haven't come through yet. I still have 10 weeks until the 8th month point and then I think I will have a clear indication of where I am at. 

• 1 month later...

Looks great!  Solid late term growth.  Good for you, I hope you are pleased.

I am definitely pleased. Obviously, I still think there are places where I could do with more density, but I still have 3-4 months of growth left and I believe that in that time, anything between 10-30% is still left to grow, as well as the hairs becoming thicker. By Christmas I am sure I will be very happy with it. I think I would want another procedure though, maybe in 2024, just to get a little more density, but wouldn't want/need anything more than 600graphs, making it an overall total of about 2000. Here is before and now pictures side by side.

IMG_6720.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 11.03.29 AM.png

Love the hairline design and the extractions are how it should be done. I cannot tell you how many FUE patients I'm having to help conceal scars with SMP because the extractions are grouped too tightly together forming a defined shape. Concerning going for more grafts, I wouldn't....I think if you pack too much in the front it won't look as natural. You also are better off keeping more in the bank for other zones. From my experience there will be continued maturing of the grafts up to 12 months and you may even see changes up to 18 months. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 month later...

First row: Pre Op
Second Row: 7 Months Post Op
Third & Forth Row: 8 Months Post Op

Not sure what I can expect between 8 - 12 months, but looking forward to seeing the results come February. 

F64A7CB5-2D94-496E-A7E5-F2E676C122D4.JPG

Looks good, glad you are pleased.