Thinking of getting a transplant this year

Thanks to this forum for the wealth of info! I’m thinking between these two surgeons for results I’ve seen, price and proximity to me I’ve had two consultations one with Dr Nader of Nader medical and one with Dr Cortez for HMR both estimated about 1500-1600 grafts to fill in the temples my hair loss has not progressed been taking fin but there has been no regrowth either fin did it’s job though with no side effects, wondering if you guys think that amount of grafts is enough for what my goals are? I have drawn where I would like the new hairline to be there’s pictures of the hair when wet and when dry and donor 

55AA5AF3-24E6-4F7F-B652-231032896D47.jpeg

33A0D455-4ED2-49F2-88C8-10D97E0DA9AE.jpeg

406B9CA5-8418-46D8-8A44-60D91BD2AAB6.jpeg

C57AE542-E90B-489E-8C83-FE07C95D7A6F.jpeg

02E09DDA-454A-4CFA-B8D6-627BAF59BC13.jpeg

FBE7CAE2-FFA8-4A7F-9D75-7AC2919786FF.jpeg

28238520-E080-4AB1-AE70-B291905CF031.jpeg

157B602E-C614-4664-BB36-259D1C35CD5C.jpeg

454E612B-59D5-4DEC-A6FC-C02AE9D1CBF7.jpeg

0073261C-CBDC-481D-A774-1662E81CEB95.jpeg

CE6648E2-002E-4226-9B8C-739E34EC3ED8.jpeg

38ED3F04-1208-47CF-83A1-3F8423683E8F.jpeg

3B51D07C-2262-4AD2-88CD-339219601E48.jpeg

Edited by Dillpickle123

• Administrators

How old are you? Seems like the hairline you want is a little too aggressive IMO. You definitely have a ton of hair and donor. Are you on meds?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

i started looking at this thread from the bottom up and i was like wait a minute this head/face looks familiar and sure enough it was you...i'll be real with you bro, you are 22 and you've lost hair in the last year , could be the massive finas shed too but who knows, you might just be in peak loss for a couple years then stabilize around 27-29 but the little vellus baby hairs along the hair line a tell tale sign that its the last time they show up before they never return ( I read that somewhere can't remember where but it makes sense, theres probably some science to it too maybe) anyway, its your decision , people will say 1. hop on finas 2. youre young wait til 30. etc..but its your decision, as far as hmr goes, great people and experience. good luck go get em. 

Hello, you should simply keep your hair long to conceal the front-facing receded hairline, and furthermore also to prevent ongoing progression you should begin a DHT blocker (Which should be prescribed by your dermatologist). I will in any case recommend you to hold your plan for a couple of more years and afterward plan your HT. Your donor is amazing at this age and I am certain it will be accessible for producing great outcomes.

• Like 1

• Administrators

22 definitely a big NO

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, JC71 said:

It’s obviously your decision, but 22 is too early to be starting with a hair transplant. Most Drs/Clinics will advise that you wait until your at least 25. 

How long have you been on Fin ? 

A year I’ll be 23 this year Ik it’s early but I’m committed to takin fin for life not a problem and I seem to have a good donor? And hair texture 

18 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

i started looking at this thread from the bottom up and i was like wait a minute this head/face looks familiar and sure enough it was you...i'll be real with you bro, you are 22 and you've lost hair in the last year , could be the massive finas shed too but who knows, you might just be in peak loss for a couple years then stabilize around 27-29 but the little vellus baby hairs along the hair line a tell tale sign that its the last time they show up before they never return ( I read that somewhere can't remember where but it makes sense, theres probably some science to it too maybe) anyway, its your decision , people will say 1. hop on finas 2. youre young wait til 30. etc..but its your decision, as far as hmr goes, great people and experience. good luck go get em. 

Thanks I’ve been following your thread and a dr bisanga case closely I’ve been on fin for a year and yea I agree that those baby hair are never coming back even with the use of rogaine, I have similar hair to yours 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Thanks I’ve been following your thread and a dr bisanga case closely I’ve been on fin for a year and yea I agree that those baby hair are never coming back even with the use of rogaine, I have similar hair to yours 

bisanga is one of the top Dr in Europe for sure , yeah that is the start of your hairline recession , so if you are ok with a good chance at playing catch up to your new hairline in a few years go ahead and get a HT , its really up to you bro. 

15 hours ago, Gatsby said:

If you are in fact 22 then I really think you should stick with Finasteride and don’t go off it (unless you experience side effects of course). All the best.

Thanks Gatsby I’ve been on fin for a while now with no side effects and plan on taking, well for as long as I can do u think my donor is average or below or above average density wise?

58 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

bisanga is one of the top Dr in Europe for sure , yeah that is the start of your hairline recession , so if you are ok with a good chance at playing catch up to your new hairline in a few years go ahead and get a HT , its really up to you bro. 

Yea bro I’ve seen your transplant and it’s very similar to what I’m looking to achieve and I think that getting something like 1600 grafts or maybe a little more would leave me very satisfied and I’ve been on meds and don’t plan on stopping dermarollin and rogaine isn’t doing anything because as u said they’re prolly too far gone and even if I managed to grow it back my hairline has never been that good to begin with do you remember where u read about that though? 

5 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Yea bro I’ve seen your transplant and it’s very similar to what I’m looking to achieve and I think that getting something like 1600 grafts or maybe a little more would leave me very satisfied and I’ve been on meds and don’t plan on stopping dermarollin and rogaine isn’t doing anything because as u said they’re prolly too far gone and even if I managed to grow it back my hairline has never been that good to begin with do you remember where u read about that though? 

those won't really grow back your full hairline maybe sprout a few here and that but HT is really the only thing that will grow back hair , and remember i am 10 years older than you lol...you can go get it now and a good Dr should and will tell you that you might need to go back in a few years to play catch up , do you know what I mean when I say play catch up  ? its up to you really, and I saw a video about a year go I cannot find it now but that is how my hair also started before recession began.

13 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

those won't really grow back your full hairline maybe sprout a few here and that but HT is really the only thing that will grow back hair , and remember i am 10 years older than you lol...you can go get it now and a good Dr should and will tell you that you might need to go back in a few years to play catch up , do you know what I mean when I say play catch up  ? its up to you really, and I saw a video about a year go I cannot find it now but that is how my hair also started before recession began.

Even with taking fin? Well I’m willing to even take dut if that’s the case but it looks like my donor has plenty or reserve just in case and hmr and Nader seem to be really good at getting dense results I truly hope fin does it’s job and keeps my hair as is because rn it seems to just be temporal loss but no regrowth so it’s doing it’s job of stopping any further progression 

Edited by Dillpickle123

5 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Even with taking fin? Well I’m willing to even take dut if that’s the case but it looks like my donor has plenty or reserve just in case and hmr and Nader seem to be really good at getting dense results I truly hope fin does it’s job and keeps my hair as is because rn it seems to just be temporal loss but no regrowth so it’s doing it’s job of stopping any further progression 

yes even with takin fin I believe but could be wrong ? remember its not only environmental factors (diet, stress, etc) but also and in my opinion genetic factors that determine hairloss with the 2nd being the strong determinant factor, and just on quick take the 1 year photos you uploaded year ago shows slight loss, even tho its slight its still loss, meaning it will probably continue until who knows when...and yes your donor is actually decent looking which helps, i am just saying maybe you wait it out 2-3 years, rock a hat or whatever and keep taking your meds and then maybe it will have stabilized a bit OR just go now but risk when your 28-30 looking un even since you potentially will continue losing, really comes down to those 2 choices, and what its worth, its not that bad bro lol , others have it worse. 

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Nice to hear your hair transplant is gonna look killer for sure! It’s been cool seeing your journey too since you had a procedure at a very young age as well 

And that was the biggest mistake in my life (having surgery at a very young age). 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

And that was the biggest mistake in my life (having surgery at a very young age). 

Definitely a cautionary tale for sure but I will see how it progresses this year been fatefully taking fin and I hope it does it’s job and then I can look into getting a procedure done

Honestly, as a guy who probably wasn't as clued up on stuff around hair transplants, hair restoration etc. i'd probably have made a huge mistake going for a transplant in my early to mid 20s and got screwed over most likely at a hair mill in Turkey unknowingly. 

I'm a little regretful i didn't take medication earlier bur consider myself fortunate my hair loss appears to have been minimal and slow in progression and that i did at least start when i noticed my hair situation escalating. 

If i could go back, i'd stay on medication and wait till my late 20s at least for any look into a hair transplant. It's always better to have seen your hair loss slow or stop. If it even reverses a bit, that's fantastic but not the goal of Finasteride/Dutasteride. Just a bonus. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Honestly, as a guy who probably wasn't as clued up on stuff around hair transplants, hair restoration etc. i'd probably have made a huge mistake going for a transplant in my early to mid 20s and got screwed over most likely at a hair mill in Turkey unknowingly. 

I'm a little regretful i didn't take medication earlier bur consider myself fortunate my hair loss appears to have been minimal and slow in progression and that i did at least start when i noticed my hair situation escalating. 

If i could go back, i'd stay on medication and wait till my late 20s at least for any look into a hair transplant. It's always better to have seen your hair loss slow or stop. If it even reverses a bit, that's fantastic but not the goal of Finasteride/Dutasteride. Just a bonus. 

Right but if your committed to taking fin for life like I am and need a relatively small procedure and overall loss around the head isn’t present that would make a big difference it’s tempting for sure haha I’ll be 23 in a few months so if hair remains as is it’s safe to say the fin has done it job so far, do you think based on my hair type that 1600 grafts is enough? I’ve seen similar cases where they use 2000?

38 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Right but if your committed to taking fin for life like I am and need a relatively small procedure and overall loss around the head isn’t present that would make a big difference it’s tempting for sure haha I’ll be 23 in a few months so if hair remains as is it’s safe to say the fin has done it job so far, do you think based on my hair type that 1600 grafts is enough? I’ve seen similar cases where they use 2000?

You have to understand that relatively speaking, your hair loss is at the baby stages if anything in your early 20s unless incredibly aggressive and there's no guarantee even if you committed to taking Finasteride for life, that your hair loss can’t accelerate in that time. 

It's better to be on the medication and wait till at least 25 imo and save up. Do your research and see how things progress. Generally as a Norwood 2, hair styling can be used to mask most of the hair loss imo as i do that myself in certain ways. 

Also, graft counts are not a great indication because not all grafts are equal. For example, you could have double hair grafts taken and cut down into singles and now 1 graft just became 2 grafts. Inversely a single graft could be a double and triple and used to bulk out a frontal hairline. 

So it's not always as straightforward as raw numbers and graft counts. 

I would say beginning Finasteride is the first and most important step. Next is hair transplant education and finding the right clinics whilst you save up. Last and also as important is setting realistic expectations. 

Look, i've been where you are and in some ways still am. We see these perfect manipulated images from social media etc. and we feel like we can give ourselves a slice of that sometimes with a quick fix. Reality unfortunately isn't as simple. 

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

A year I’ll be 23 this year Ik it’s early but I’m committed to takin fin for life not a problem and I seem to have a good donor? And hair texture 

Still a big NO.

• Like 1

View my thread