I’ve heard mixed reviews on Eugenix

So I finally got a quote for 5,000 grafs for my surgery which would be in April. I’ve been reading some stuff online that suggest that the doctors aren’t really involved even if you have the supreme package. I just want to make sure I am making the right decision. Especially cause I am a Norwood 6 at age 28 and this is a life changing decision. 

I have attached a photo of the top of my head for reference.

I am also considering other doctors such as Felipe pittella who also seems to specialize in high Norwood cases.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I am located in northeast America.

CE86DC08-BFE6-49B6-BD1A-A05254F1E74D.jpeg

Edited by Mattk494
Attached wrong image at first

I have a similar hairloss pattern as you and I went to Eugenix last October. One of the best decisions I've made. I had the Exclusive Package which included the involvement of Dr. Arika Bansal, one of the founding doctors. She did the hairline design, incisions in the recipient area, first few extractions and overall guidance of the procedure. I was perfectly happy with this arrangement since the price was lower and the other associate doctor (who did all the rest of the extractions) and the technicians (who did sorting and placement) were all fantastic. 

I assume the Supreme Package is the best one available at Eugenix so that would mean the doctors are more involved, not less. 

I recently posted my 3-month review on Eugenix. Feel free to DM if you have any questions.

Edited by kirkland
  • Like 1

Surprising! This is the first non-stellar mention I've heard of Eugenix, particularly of their highest end packages. Common knowledge around here seems to be that they're best in class for NW 6/7.

I'm high NW too and they're on my short list. Following to see what others say.

• Administrators

Doctors are involved in every package. Senior doctors head the lowest package. The highest package is done by Dr. Arika including extractions and incisions. Where are you getting this information, as it’s incredibly incorrect. I just had a surgery there, and can assure you doctors are definitely involved in every step.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Mattk494 said:

It was just a few bad reviews on mouthshut.com who knows how reliable those are. I’ve seen great results from Eugenix and got the supreme package so I hope all goes well. April can’t come fast enough.

Sounds like you got the highest end package. May I ask how far out they're booked? Did you do a video consult with them before pulling the trigger?

I was able to get a 15 minute video call with the Doctor Arika where we went over the hair line and the amount of grafs I would need. It took a few weeks to find and schedule a time for a call though. But that could have been poor communication on my end. 

I was able to schedule the surgery 3 months out from now. Seems like they have availability. 

I put down the deposit but I am still searching for surgeons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattk494 said:

It was just a few bad reviews on mouthshut.com who knows how reliable those are

Definitely in the interest of anyone seeking a clinic to look at a variety of sources and reviews and apply critical thinking skills. It's difficult to judge results based on a single source. Having said that, the reason that this forum is so helpful is that there is an expectation that, if someone has a bad result from a clinic, they will be expected to provide evidence. 

Edited by kirkland

2 hours ago, kirkland said:

Definitely in the interest of anyone seeking a clinic to look at a variety of sources and reviews and apply critical thinking skills. It's difficult to judge results based on a single source. Having said that, the reason that this forum is so helpful is that there is an expectation that, if someone has a bad result from a clinic, they will be expected to provide evidence. 

I've seen the site OP mentioned, and it is basically a nameless type review site with no pictures etc. so i don't know exactly what you could even use to verify the person's genuine. 

Personally i really think this forums great because of what you said. It's real patients, sharing their real results and actually able to give a blow by blow basis with evidence of sorts that you can then reference when making your own choice. 

I think that's what ultimately helped sway me. The fact i could even talk to some of the great members on here who have gone to a specific clinic and ask about their experiences and get some advice. 

So, really glad i signed up, hope to one day be able to share my own journey soon. 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
16 hours ago, Mattk494 said:

So I finally got a quote for 5,000 grafs for my surgery which would be in April. I’ve been reading some stuff online that suggest that the doctors aren’t really involved even if you have the supreme package. I just want to make sure I am making the right decision. Especially cause I am a Norwood 6 at age 28 and this is a life changing decision. 

I have attached a photo of the top of my head for reference.

I am also considering other doctors such as Felipe pittella who also seems to specialize in high Norwood cases.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I am located in northeast America.

CE86DC08-BFE6-49B6-BD1A-A05254F1E74D.jpeg

I had the Exclusive package in late November. Dr Arika did the design, incisions & crucial extractions. I can't say how it works for the highest packages they offer because I didn't choose that option. If you're expecting Dr Arika or Pradeep to be in the room with you for the entirety of the surgery then you'll definitely want to ask that question of Eugenix or the relevant Dr because that's not how it works for the lower packages. But senior Dr's other than the two founders are around during the surgeries.

I have just made a booking with Eugenix and paid my deposit yesterday.

I scoured the internet high and low for reviews, deliberately looking for bad reviews. I couldn't find one example of a botched procedure, the only negative comments I could find were of some disgruntled former employees, a couple of whom even conceded that the quality of work at Eugenix was high, despite whatever their personal grievances were.

• Like 2

From another post on the forum;

read the comments. Complains that the techs do the incisions and that 

“I have heard many Indian clinics do that in the past from Darling buds to Medlinks,they don't want you to post anything negative about them on the forums,i would rather appreciate if a clinic can come ahead and take responsibility if and which something goes wrong as no one can be perfect 100 out of 100 times,not even God,i would rather trust such clinics more and was waiting for his update to schedule my appointment with Eugenix.“

10 minutes ago, Mattk494 said:

From another post on the forum;

read the comments. Complains that the techs do the incisions and that 

“I have heard many Indian clinics do that in the past from Darling buds to Medlinks,they don't want you to post anything negative about them on the forums,i would rather appreciate if a clinic can come ahead and take responsibility if and which something goes wrong as no one can be perfect 100 out of 100 times,not even God,i would rather trust such clinics more and was waiting for his update to schedule my appointment with Eugenix.“

Firstly, he said Dr. Arika did all the incisions. Secondly, at the time, the Exclusive Package stated "Planning, designing and 100% slits will be done by Dr. Arika Bansal. 100% implantation of grafts will be done by our expertly trained and experienced senior technicians"

If you go through the post @Hayden87it says he is worried the techs put the hair in the wrong way on the left side. I wish there was an update given. 

the right side of head has come out well, but the tech who operated on your left side may have gotten the direction of the follicles wrong. Atleast, that's what it looks like from the picture you've posted. 

Edited by Mattk494

36 minutes ago, Mattk494 said:

so you have heard people get bad results from Eugenix ? @Zoomster

In short no I haven’t personally...bad is subjective by the way ..a NW 2 or 3 might view the result of my first HT   as “Bad” as i still had a lightish crown and in need of some added density throughout midscalp....yet as a long term head shaver NW6/7 I was over the moon with the result ..and fortunate to be able to augment it with a second pass .

I’m sure you’ll find one or two “Bad” ones that slipped through the cracks over the course of over 10,000 procedures but the title “-Mixed reviews about Eugenix “ suggests they are somewhat shady as an outfit ..This couldn’t be further from the truth 

• Like 3

• Administrators

It’s standard practice to have technicians place grafts. Technicians placed grafts in my case. You cannot expect the doctor to carry out the entire procedure, it’s not logical. They are involved, but will need assistance. Hence why they have a team. 

A simple solution, if you don’t feel confident, don’t go, there’s nothing wrong with that, but this seems like you have ulterior motives. I’ve seen this a lot on forums. Someone will post “I’m interested in this surgeon” than goes off to list of negative things with no proof. 9/10 they’re not interested and never were interested.

Several patients have already commented, including myself I even filmed my surgery, you can’t get more transparent than that. As for negative reviews somehow being silenced. Believe me, Eugenix would never do that, I had to remove Bhatti for that behavior. Eugenix pride themselves on the patient being a part of their extended family, and as such, they’re treated that way.

They are not perfect of course no one is perfect, but this thread is one of the most publicized threads ever on the forum, and it shows their ethics and integrity. If you really are interested you’d see how they deal with dissatisfaction read this entire thread. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I opted for their most expensive package. I hope I won’t be disappointed as it’s $30,000 which seems crazy to me. But it’s worth it to me. 

Other than Eugenix who does high Norwood cases well? H&W turned me down because of my age, which is around 28. 

Edited by Mattk494

25 minutes ago, Mattk494 said:

I opted for their most expensive package. I hope I won’t be disappointed as it’s $30,000 which seems crazy to me. But it’s worth it to me. 

Other than Eugenix who does high Norwood cases well? H&W turned me down because of my age, which is 28. 

Wait, what?! 

If you're paying that much, you're easily around Norwood 7 territory.

Even at this point in time, i don't think there's probably anybody else that could show consistent results for that level of advanced hair loss. 

Honestly, i get the whole jitters aspect, but OP you genuinely need to look around at how many international patients have listed their stories here and added pictures. Posted the good/bad and are willing to give you monthly updates. 

Eugenix are earning a reputation still and yes, no clinic is 100% but they're one of the better choices you can make 

• Like 1

Yes I am a Norwood 6 and need about 5,000 grafs. Not sure who else can do a good job on such a high case. Look at my first comment that shows a photo. 
@NARMAK

maybe Felipe Pittella can I’ve seen his good results but he is booked till November. But he has impress results. Just want to be conservative though as I am a young age and will likely continue to lose hair. 

Edited by Mattk494

If you’re going to spend $30k , on just surgery alone without taking into consideration the travel and accomodation costs - I would probably opt to break my restoration up into smaller surgeries . . . For instance 3x 2000 graft sessions vía FUE (I’m presuming it’s FUE you want, hence selecting Eugenix) and address, the hairline/frontal third . . Address the vertex . . Then address the crown, for an example of how such a strategy would look. 

This is a much safer option in terms of preserving your finite donor supply, and provides both doctor and patient much more of a clearer picture in terms of executing the overall restoration. 

If you select a good surgeon to do this, it will probably cost more than $30k, however it will allow you to save a bit more in between sessions. 

I appreciate the desire to go ahead and try get a full head of hair in one go, as you are only 28 - however with all those years ahead of you, it’s a marathon, not a sprint . . And it reduces any form of risk associated with surgery greatly.

I can also tell you, that 5000 grafts isn’t going to give you a ‘full looking head of hair’, so if that’s your goal, you’ll be requiring a second surgery anyway. 

Just my two cents 😊

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1

@Curious25

so it is best to go with a good surgeon in the USA maybe and break it into 2-3 sessions since I’m such a young age? I’ve looked and come across Konior, Gabel and True and Dorion as possible doctors here in the US. There is a long wait list but it might be worth it. 

I’d be happy with the front filled in and some of the crown. 

Edited by Mattk494

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Mattk494 said:

If you go through the post @Hayden87it says he is worried the techs put the hair in the wrong way on the left side. I wish there was an update given. 

the right side of head has come out well, but the tech who operated on your left side may have gotten the direction of the follicles wrong. Atleast, that's what it looks like from the picture you've posted. 

These are just initial concerns he's expressed. He's spoken to Eugenix about them and is happy for now - time will tell. Once his is grown out it'll probably look great anyway. It would of course be great to see an update from the case you mention, but until his final results come in, there's no way in hell this case can be taken negatively.