H&W Topical Finasteride ??

TorontoMan

Melvin interviewed Dr. Hasson recently who spoke about their new topical finasteride and soon topical dutatseride formulations. Dr. Hasson made some bold claims about the product, saying something along the lines of it going systemic around 5-10% while being nearly almost as effective as oral administration. I have since signed up to their website to get their product and found out that its $99 month, but have not found that data on the trials they did themselves to test their product. I find it a bit absurd that they are willing to sell this product for a whopping $99 a month without putting out this data, so I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not this has been released? 

Edited by TorontoMan

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Melvin interviewed Dr. Hasson recently who spoke about their new topical finasteride and soon topical dutatseride formulations. Dr. Hasson made some bold claims about the product, saying something along the lines of it going systemic around 5-10% while being nearly almost as effective as oral administration. I have since signed up to their website to get their product and found out that its $99 month, but have not found that data on the trials they did themselves to test their product. I find it a bit absurd that they are willing to sell this product for a whopping $99 a month without putting out this data, so I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not this has been released? 

I have the data, but have been extremely busy. I’ll be releasing it next week via a video.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Hey man,

I think they said the data will be released in the near future, pretty sure it's unavailable as of right now if I remember correctly from the video. Hasson did give some general figures I believe during the interview very briefly, but not much, and I would also love to see the data. 

To be fair, it sounded more to me like a case of they are sure it works as advertised and do have the data to prove it, but they just haven't quite finished the studies yet and so will release it shortly (I believe a year or so was said, someone correct me if I'm wrong, that may have just been for dut) when everything is finished up and in order. Still, I'm with you, I would like to see the studies and what methodologies etc were used before fully buying into the hype (even if I am at this point hopeful that all will be as claimed).

Someone posted this (excerpt of a) response they got from Xyon the other day in the thread: Apart from the efficacy observed in almost 600 of his patients to date, Dr. Hasson has also performed pharmacokinetic (PK) testing in a subgroup of his patients. The results confirm that men using the 2.5% finasteride in the SiloxysSystem liposomal gel, have a lower circulating finasteride level in the blood compared with what's reported with the 1mg oral finasteride as well as a more preserved circulating DHT level measured in the blood. These data support the laboratory work Dr. Hasson had conducted to generate the optimal liposomal gel formulation and ideal finasteride concentration at 2.5%.”

I would also like to see the data to find out what different testing was done to measure what exactly, and most importantly in how many patients. If it's only a few out of the 600, then I'd be very disappointed, but even if it was only say 50-80 of them, a clear and consistent measurement of Serum DHT level reduction and plasma concentration outlined between all or the vast majority of them would be good enough for me to draw conclusions from.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have the data, but have been extremely busy. I’ll be releasing it next week via a video.

I'll be keeping an eye out, excited to see it. Is that just for the topical fin, and was I correct in thinking that it's the dutasteride data that is a year or so out as per my post above before I saw your comment?

I just placed an order and it’s $99 CAD which is roughly $78 USD right now. Still pretty steep but not as bad. I am more interested in the topical dutasteride which won’t need to be applied as frequently so it should be more cost effective.

Edited by Tiger2050

Pretty disappointing response. This works.. trust us. It’s a shame if this is actually a good formulation, but I won’t be investing $99 a month to roll the dice on it being efficacious. And if it is a good product, then why not release the data to convince your market? 

Telling me to refer to the the video of dr hasson making unsubstantiated claims is silly 

E9E0A7E5-7FD2-4901-B217-7E2D1B02409F.jpeg

This is very disappointing, and raises huge red flags in my eyes. 

It goes without saying, that it would not only be in the consumers interest, but also the businesses interest to share data, if it is as good as what they have reported. 

Regardless of Dr Hasson's status and reputation within the hair loss industry, being told to take his word on the efficacy of a product that he is personally financially invested in, because the company are reluctant to share data, is as good as trusting the old snake oil merchants down at the markets in historical times. 

The only positive spin I can think to put onto this, is that they haven't really conducted very accurate forms of research within large enough sample sizes of their patients for it to be of any scientific use and withstand criticism . . . and for the most part have heavily relied on anecdotal feedback from their patients. 

Eg. out of 600 of their patients they have trialled it with - they ran bloodwork and trichoscopic analysis for 5 of them, which showed roughly 30% serum DHT decline on average between the group, with noticeable improvements in their trichoscopy exams - acquired verbal feedback from the remaining 595 patients that all was good, and felt this was enough to come out and make these claims. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Guys, 

This was a soft release, this is a legitimate company, with big players that worked in fortune 500 bio pharmaceutical companies. They can’t just release things until they have all their ducks in a row. I got you guys an exclusive, it wasn’t supposed to release until April of this year. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:49 AM, TorontoMan said:

Even when the data is released you will just have to take their word for it since it's not peer reviewed or FDA approved.

But yes, having published data would mean we have something to hold them accountable against. Hopefully they will release it when they do the full release.

Edited by bald-and-bearded

58 minutes ago, bald-and-bearded said:

Even when the data is released you will just have to take their word for it since it's not peer reviewed or FDA approved.

But yes, having published data would mean we have something to hold them accountable against. Hopefully they will release it when they do the full release.

I wouldn’t expect it to be FDA approved anyway. The mechanism of the drug is well established, and measuring its outcomes topically should be simple to do. Systemic absorption is a matter of conducting blood work over a period of time, and efficacy is a matter of observing the outcome. My hunch is that it’s not as great as promoted. While I think they are able to limit the systemic absorption, which isnt hard to do given a vehicle with a large molecular weight, I don’t believe it’s as efficacious. 

This is just my assumption, and I could be wrong, but it would be great if they could prove it with any data