Complete Temple Point Restoration and Density

Hello, 

I am new to the forum and hopefully looking to absorb as much information as possible. 

I have become absorbed into trying to find out as much as i can about temple restoration and want to offer a bit of background. 

My temples began to recede extremely early on. As much as i would say from 16/17 and i knew the density and stuff was completely going in the wrong direction and would say by 18/19 it was pretty much weak as you could probably go. So essentially right now, if you look at some hairlines that have completely lost their temporal points, that's what mine is like. I have now through a lot of searching found that the answer may lie very much in a concentrated and area specific form of Retrograde Alopecia on the sideburns where the temporal points were. 

My frontal hairline was and generally is well. I would say over the last decade, i've had minimal recession looking back at photos from when i was 21 to now at 31+. I had a quotation from a well known and respected place that's been used by some here and the photos i sent, they identified the the frontal hairline zone to have circa 1200-1500 grafts and quoted me as needing about 250 grafts (all singles) to reconstruct the temple points. 

The temple points being as they are is my biggest and largest concern in a hair transplant and having them reconstructed with an appropriate looking density. They said they aim for about 30 square CM for the temples and 40-45 square CM for the frontal hairline. 

My hair personally i feel is more on the finer side, but without a trichologist checking, i can't say for 100% and could be even classed as medium hair. 

So, with that said, i wanted the opinion of others on whether 250 grafts would provide a dense enough look to the temple points. 

I'm attaching a picture to show the temples. They're near identical on both sides. The lines provided were originally from the clinic but i have added the darker line to indicate where i actually wanted to adjust the angle of the temporal point. 

I know some might not agree with it not being as sharp and closer to a more vertical line, but it's literally the biggest insecurity i've had since being young and now at 30+ with stable hair loss and recently being on Dutatesteride and having had stabilisation showing, i feel like i have a longer term potential with it largely having been stable for hair loss for near a decade from like a Norwood 1 to maybe Norwood 2 in very subtle ways without any medication. 

As an extra tidbit, i have a good beard, and body hair galore should that be necessary but i am looking for a strong frontal hair and temporal restoration. 

IMG_20211227_024800.jpg

Edited by NARMAK
Spacing

Hi welcome, here are some good topics below with video and pics to help learn about temple point design and restoration. And there's alot more to be found using the forum search in the top right of the page. Start with something like "temple restoration", "temple points". And you can do refinements from there on the first results page,  searching by keywords, phrases, dates, images etc.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Hi welcome, here are some good topics below with video and pics to help learn about temple point design and restoration. And there's alot more to be found using the forum search in the top right of the page. Start with something like "temple restoration", "temple points". And you can do refinements from there on the first results page,  searching by keywords, phrases, dates, images etc.

Thanks for the welcome. 

It's quite interesting that the links you provided all refer back to Eugenix. 

I've actually watched the YouTube video multiple times and whilst it is informative on how they should be recreated. My concerns primarily stem around whether 250 single hairs could adequately give the illusion of density and blending into the non-transplant hairs and hopefully looking blended with the frontal hairline restoration. 

Honestly, apart from the adjusted temporal angle in the picture i posted, the frontal hairline zone was what the Dr at the clinic drew and i was honestly, happy with that. To me, actually making just a minor adjustment on the temporal angle the Dr drew made me feel that generally what i wanted to do was considered realistic. 

1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

I can tell from the handwriting that the clinic you've been in touch with is Eugenix!

Lol, well, cat's out the bag it seems. Yes, i have consulted with Eugenix and tbh, the primary reason was for their knowledge and experience with temporal point restoration. 

That's the biggest goal i have to get correct with my hair transplant and i'm on a budget but trying to be sensible when we're dealing with such a finite donor area. 

I have seen your post and experience with Eugenix too which was really insightful and being from the UK, i'd definitely feel like you'd be a great source of information on how you planned it all out, the payments etc. as you basically already went through all of that. 

I personally consider myself very lucky to have the hair i do at present considering i didn't take Finasteride/Dutasteride etc. in my early 20s and the loss has been stable mostly and hopping onto a regimen is definitely something i wish i'd done earlier to help preserve what i had a bit more even 5 or so years ago. 

I have mentally been wrangling with the idea of whether it would have been better to go an FUT route or FUE but ultimately i think i could get away with FUE and making sure i stick to a regimen of Finasteride/Dutasteride and possibly need a top up every so often. 

You probably know this all too well, but you have all these exciting thoughts in the back of your kind on how amazing it could go, you try to temper it and then when maybe the procedures done, even with all the expectation setting, you get those moments of doubt and little regrets creeping in. 

So, i guess it's nice to have a community like this to at least mentally prepare and figure things out from the experience of others. Helps you get through those tough spots till you realise the desired results at around the 12 month mark. 

Just wanted to bump this topic and get some advice really. 

I am on a budget, i'm leaning towards Eugenix and their exclusive package but i want a complete temporal point restoration and although i know Dr Sethi and Dr Bansal are the names and faces, the package i want means they aren't involved at all. 

Has anybody else had the exclusive package with Eugenix that only involves the senior doctors and technicians where they had temporal points worked on, and would you please share your experience and results or how it presently looks. 

Thanks in advance :)

21 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Have you seen this thread:

Thanks for sharing  i did have a read through. I'm hoping the OP shares an update again soon, as i do know the first page had OP comment they appeared to look quite thin and in the last photo update in that thread i have to agree that the temporal points look a little sparse. 

Bearing in mind, mine are a full 100% reconstruction that needs to be done, that is probably my biggest fear. 

On a strong positive, that frontal hairline is really good. Great work on that by Eugenix. 

I swear, it just sucks so bad in some ways but then I look around and remind myself, literally everybody has their own unique struggles on the hairline to contend with and challenges to overcome and you just gotta go for it by doing the most research possible and then make the best choice and hope it all works out. 

I think this forums probably full of some really great and helpful people and i just genuinely feel like now is the best time. I wanted it in my 20s, but they constantly talk about age and waiting to see how your loss is etc. so in some ways it inadvertently may have worked out because Eugenix and all the other great doctors are now on the scene and able to show their work and have patients who are great at wanting to help others by showing it here. 

3 hours ago, JC71 said:

I think I have seen a couple of others, if I remember the members I will post them too. 
However I’m also sure that if you make a request to @Eugenix Hair Sciencesthey will provide some samples… 🙏 @Gabreille Nelson Mukhiacould you help here ? Thanks 

I asked for some examples but i was shown some YouTube video links. I guess it was explained as something to do with patients not signing some waivers to release the information etc. 

That's why i was hoping patients that have maybe had their temporal points restored and got to the 12+ month mark and full results to share their feelings. Did they think maybe they would have liked more density etc. 

I feel like my situations not common where the temporal points are almost completely gone and doing a bit of self diagnosis i came to the conclusion that it happened because of an aggressive and concentrated form of retrograde alopecia on the temporal points. That's why even now, although i have hair there, it's very weak but dense enough as you can see to look covered. It just needs an entire rebuild though. 

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this thread and looking for some advice. 

I'm hopeful i can go with Eugenix and have my procedure in May but i want to be prepared in case things go sideways. 

I feel like this is more than anything going to pre-empt any pure disappointment that might arise should something go wrong not allowing me to get to India. 

Who else on a budget to a similar price as the Exclusive Package for around 2200 grafts can adequately do a natural complete temple point restoration and natural hairline lowering? 

eugenix seems to be doing great work from what we've all seen...can't hurt if you end up choosing them...I personally like Bisanga's temple work....since you will be wanting the peaks to come out that far make sure they get fine hairs and angle, direction, etc the right way cause its hard to get all that in synch and look natural . good luck

3 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

eugenix seems to be doing great work from what we've all seen...can't hurt if you end up choosing them...I personally like Bisanga's temple work....since you will be wanting the peaks to come out that far make sure they get fine hairs and angle, direction, etc the right way cause its hard to get all that in synch and look natural . good luck

I'm already booked and right now i guess that makes them #1. Hopefully my Visa comes through. I submitted my application fully February 4th which was a Friday. Originally i had it booked to complete on the 3rd February but they requested additional documents etc. and i've been told a minimum 45 working days which is why i delayed from March to May for the procedure. 

I'm just searching for a backup option tbh, because if this falls through due to Visa issues, then i know i'm gonna feel really disappointed because of how close i finally felt to addressing something that's bothered me for so long in terms of the completely receded temple points from my late teens. 

I don't think there's very many capable places in that budget range Eugenix are offering for the Exclusive Package i have opted for but i do want to try get close. 

I notice Dr Bicer recommended here a lot in Turkey but just looking for her YouTube and results on this site. She's got a lot of sparse results shown off here i think and in particular not a lot of temple point recreations to judge by whilst Eugenix literally seems to churn em out by the dozen in a month. 

It's definitely #1 on my hair transplant results list having the temple points reconstructed. Lowering the hairline slightly and adding density there is #2 and overall just making it look really aesthetic for my face. 

• Like 1

ok cool , you made a good choice....don't dwell too much on the fine details lol you'll drive yourself crazy....also , temple peaks are really not meant to be dense, they are fine and thin...at least the real real temples lol. good luck.

14 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

ok cool , you made a good choice....don't dwell too much on the fine details lol you'll drive yourself crazy....also , temple peaks are really not meant to be dense, they are fine and thin...at least the real real temples lol. good luck.

I think i should clarify. I know they're supposed to not be as thick as some of the other hair, but if you get a lot of that hair calibre and cluster them well, you get a good density and appearance. That's what i meant by density in this context.

For me, i think they frame the face really well and if they look sparse or thinning, then it's going to look like you are receding. Having them reconstructed with a slightly higher density should ensure they look normal and natural fingers crossed. 

I think dwelling on the fine details is a habit. I'm a little perfection oriented on these sort of things. "Good enough" isn't good enough imo when it comes to my hair transplant. I'm expecting a better result than just competent i guess if that makes sense. I'd love for a brilliant or excellent result just to know that my research and choosing the right place paid off. 

• Like 1

I think you’re underestimating how many grafts you need for the desired look you drew.  I’m no expert, but I think you’ll want double the grafts you quoted.

Check out my journey here:

8 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

I think you’re underestimating how many grafts you need for the desired look you drew.  I’m no expert, but I think you’ll want double the grafts you quoted.

The lines drawn and the graft count were given by Eugenix themselves at the time i originally consulted with them. 

I've allocated 2200 grafts. I'm bot planning to lower down probably as much as yours and you had 60 or so CM/2 of grafts with circa 3661 grafts. I think with reduced density even aiming for 45-50 max, 2200 should have me covered. 

I'm just tying to find who i can have as a backup option though for temple point restoration. Dr Bicer is often recommended but i barely seen her temple point work and similar for HLC i think when i looked on YouTube. 

31 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

The lines drawn and the graft count were given by Eugenix themselves at the time i originally consulted with them. 

I've allocated 2200 grafts. I'm bot planning to lower down probably as much as yours and you had 60 or so CM/2 of grafts with circa 3661 grafts. I think with reduced density even aiming for 45-50 max, 2200 should have me covered. 

I'm just tying to find who i can have as a backup option though for temple point restoration. Dr Bicer is often recommended but i barely seen her temple point work and similar for HLC i think when i looked on YouTube. 

You said from what I understood 1200-1500+250.  That averages out at 1600 grafts.

2200 is much more reasonable.  I’d personally go for 2500+, but I can see 2200 working out.

Check out my journey here:

2 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

You said from what I understood 1200-1500+250.  That averages out at 1600 grafts.

2200 is much more reasonable.  I’d personally go for 2500+, but I can see 2200 working out.

So it's basically 1200-1500 graft estimate for the frontal hairline and then they estimated me 250 grafts for each temple. 500 grafts total. 

That would take it to 2000 but the written consultation they originally sent said 1700-2200 total. 

So i went on the basis of 1700 grafts + 500 for both temples = 2200 grafts. 

I am going to hopefully see what they do but aiming for hopefully a solid density on the entire areas for 2200 grafts. 

I am just getting jitters about not getting granted a Visa and trying to think of potentially a backup plan on who else is as good and capable to do my temple points at a similar price range. 

Hi I have bicer booked for July lowering my hair line by 1cm and filling in my temple points  est 2400 grafts +-300. I have drawn my temple points a little more rounded than the eugenix style so hopefully she can do something like this for me..Screenshot_20220305_145829_com.huawei.hidisk.thumb.jpg.9a0276d3539ce528f34a3e6b78cbc5f3.jpg

52 minutes ago, Dan10 said:

Hi I have bicer booked for July lowering my hair line by 1cm and filling in my temple points  est 2400 grafts +-300. I have drawn my temple points a little more rounded than the eugenix style so hopefully she can do something like this for me..Screenshot_20220305_145829_com.huawei.hidisk.thumb.jpg.9a0276d3539ce528f34a3e6b78cbc5f3.jpg

When you approached Dr Bicer, did you specifically mention the temple points to her and what input was given around them to you in terms of density and so on. 

2400 grafts sounds like on the higher end tbh, 2100 though seems to be the bottom end of the range maybe somewhere like that is right. 

Keep is updated. Would love to follow your journey 

So the 2400 is between 2100 to 2700. no I just sent her some pictures of my hair with a drawn out hair line with temples  she said I didn't need a hair transplant but I still booked it. I already had a hair transplant 2000 grafts 4 years ago on my hair line and it's not great to be honest. I just liked what I seen about dr bicer so thats why I booked her..i didn't really know at the time that temple points were so hard to get right so didn't ask too much. I have been reading your story so got me thinking and looking up a bit more..

5 minutes ago, Dan10 said:

So the 2400 is between 2100 to 2700. no I just sent her some pictures of my hair with a drawn out hair line with temples  she said I didn't need a hair transplant but I still booked it. I already had a hair transplant 2000 grafts 4 years ago on my hair line and it's not great to be honest. I just liked what I seen about dr bicer so thats why I booked her..i didn't really know at the time that temple points were so hard to get right so didn't ask too much. I have been reading your story so got me thinking and looking up a bit more..

Ah, i see. When i looked at your picture, i wasn't 100% certain but had a hint you may have had it done previously. 

I am very eager to go somewhere that can properly do temple points which is why i've chosen Eugenix but right now the Visa part just has me concerned about being granted. That's why i was trying to see if there was any other backup options. 

Screenshot_20220305_144816_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.02994827da470559c554d7deba5732c6.jpgYeah it's very hard to find anything on temple points. I didn't want to spend too much or too little so hope I get a good result. eugenix looks very good and seems to be the only ones showing temple point results so good luck with your visa. Dr bicer has this on her home page..what do you think 

34 minutes ago, Dan10 said:

Screenshot_20220305_144816_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.02994827da470559c554d7deba5732c6.jpgYeah it's very hard to find anything on temple points. I didn't want to spend too much or too little so hope I get a good result. eugenix looks very good and seems to be the only ones showing temple point results so good luck with your visa. Dr bicer has this on her home page..what do you think 

In the interests of fairness, i would say its best to just 6+ month results for temple points when the majority of the hair and density is starting to come in since they're usually very thin, slow growing and less pigmented hairs near the edge to give a natural feathered effected.

Personally i am not a fan of that design aesthetically. It's rather conservative imo and the way i would personally want. 

I was looking into this, and a 90 degree angle is basically extremely, extremely rare and maybe looks weird. So when i looked at possible angles. A higher degree angle looked much closer to what i would go for but the lower angle tilts higher in that picture than i would get if you compare to the design i have in the OP. 

I think it's a shame that more people don't do temple points. They are so subtle yet so impactful on the final results. If i had to guess, it's because they're even harder to get right and separate the very best clinics from the more run of the mill who just know more basics of single grafts and micro irregularities for frontal hairlines.