FUT in Europe

Hey guys, I am just searching options and doctors around and I don’t have a clear picture of this topic. 

from your experience or based of what you have saw , is there any doctor doing FUT procedures at the level of Hasson and Wong’s in Europe?

and by the level I mean mostly the donor works and the outcomes. 
As far as I have searched in Europe we have some of the best FUE doctors in the world, so what about FUT

11 minutes ago, crashbash said:

I did in Hattingen, FUT 5400. This is a great clinic and amazing people. If you have a large NW, then I think this is the best solution.

Thanks for your response ! I hope you’re delightful with your results and you’re living even happier after this !

I’m not a very high norwood , I’m a IIa,  and possible future III and I am on medication and I’m planning to be. But tbh I’m a perfectionist and I’m searching ways to maximise my donor area if needed down the road. And i am becoming very careful with the details cause I’m thinking of achieving the greatest possible result as for the density  with two procedures in the same area with a conservative hairline because I also have high density behind  . And even if I have a great donor I want to start in the best way possible my journey and that’s because I have high expectations and I am lucky to be able to have them , and even for that I know you have to be very careful with the donor management. 
In case you’re wondering, the estimation of my pattern and donor area was by dr. Lorenzo in f2f consult ion and examination of my scalp and it was 280cm2 with 80-90 grafts per cm2, 55 microns and he estimated that I have a supply of 12.500 . 

• Administrators

Dr. Bisanga, Feriduni and Mwamba.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Overthinker said:

Thanks for your response ! I hope you’re delightful with your results and you’re living even happier after this !

I’m not a very high norwood , I’m a IIa,  and possible future III and I am on medication and I’m planning to be. But tbh I’m a perfectionist and I’m searching ways to maximise my donor area if needed down the road. And i am becoming very careful with the details cause I’m thinking of achieving the greatest possible result as for the density  with two procedures in the same area with a conservative hairline because I also have high density behind  . And even if I have a great donor I want to start in the best way possible my journey and that’s because I have high expectations and I am lucky to be able to have them , and even for that I know you have to be very careful with the donor management. 
In case you’re wondering, the estimation of my pattern and donor area was by dr. Lorenzo in f2f consult ion and examination of my scalp and it was 280cm2 with 80-90 grafts per cm2, 55 microns and he estimated that I have a supply of 12.500 . 

If you're a perfectionist, definitely consider the three best in Belgium @Raphael84 had his with Bisanga and he is a rep, @Gasthoerer had damn near perfection with Feriduni, and @captaincalico has had an impressive transformation with Mwamba. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If you're a perfectionist, definitely consider the three best in Belgium @Raphael84 had his with Bisanga and he is a rep, @Gasthoerer had damn near perfection with Feriduni, and @captaincalico has had an impressive transformation with Mwamba. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply Melvin! Thing is I already am fan of these guys results and thrilled by them and wish them the best.

Indeed dr Bisanga and Feriduni are great . I am almost a step before going with dr De Freitas though considering FUE, as my texture is similar to Bjorn’s , and when I saw his result it was like seeing myself before I even had hairloss. And I like the approach of all these three and the detailing work they do, but I’m confused as with the type of procedure I should go for first time considering I am very young (25) despite the fact of my very good donor , cause we all know you never know how things turn out . And to catch you before you say anything for my age , I was a norwood II almost all my life , I always had my temples receded and I thought it was my normal hairline , I mean I didn’t ever think of that being balding.  The thing I want to say it’s just the density in my forelock that Bothers me and that I have to cover my frontal area the most and I would be very happy to be a solid and strong norwood II again! So what would you do if you were me ? Would you go for a FUT or FUE

32 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Pictures would help to give advice 😉

I can’t take pictures at the moment , but These are a few days before.  The first is before the thinning in my frontal area occurred, I had my temples receded and I didn’t even know I had hairloss , it suits me a lot , and I was like this as long as I remember myself. The other two shows that my right temple has receded a little more in the forelock and you can see the difference in the healthy hair on the left and the thinning ones in my frontal lines . Lorenzo told me that I haven’t lost density as per grafts but my forelock is thinned so it appears worse than if they were healthy and that’s making my frontal third looking this way . I don’t know how many of these grafts will stay with medication , I don’t expect them to thicken up tbh , but he quoted me I could be addressed with 2000 grafts for an area of 58cm2 with the  conservative hairline we designed ( we didn’t brought down the widows peak , I’m interested in slightly close the temples , and adding density in my forelock and hairline like it was before).

If you ask me my frontal half is the most important part of my scalp so I’m planning to reach near natural densities there with a good hair/graft ratio. And I know that for this I am in need of two small procedures and I have decided to go that way and if anything occurs in the future on my crown or midscalp I will accept lower densities but I don’t except for my crown to be slick bald so I would be in a very good place ( for those who are reading , all of these considering a hairline of NW II , accepting I have to go with multiple procedures and maybe a few more in the future if my hairloss continues despite my medication , and with a donor of 12.500 which if I push I can go with 13.000 , and I also have a good set of beard and chest hair ) 

So here you go :

76045418-23AD-4B0B-ADFE-8490175585C7.jpeg

7B35CF82-1C14-4533-93FE-A0044047419D.jpeg

C92F846C-63DD-4865-BD5B-0F7EBF6D1C1E.jpeg

8A105A74-EC5E-4150-981E-A2076F7F8C1E.jpeg

18 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

25 is really too young for surgery, but you're gonna do what you're gonna do.

Thanks for your response! I know! Considering I am still searching the right clinic I’ll probably be 26 when I have my first procedure. And before I decide I did a ton of research , had consultations , and gave it a time so I can see how much affects my mental health at the moment. So planning carefully my future , considering I’m on medication , choosing the right surgeon to address any possible future loss areas so it doesn’t get really bad if it happens , knowing I’ll probably be in need of more procedures in the future , having a strong donor , being conservative with my hairline , affecting my mental health in a huge rate at the moment ,  and before all these agreed with one of the best surgeons that I should go on with this if I want , I don’t see any serious reasons why I shouldn’t go with it and wait until I’m 30.  

There are two options and not for every one , because everyone is different, but for most people, either you wait until you are in a good age to go on but it depends on how much can you handle it until then , and do one or two “big” procedures to address the problem , or you do your first considering all the above at a “young” age and be ready to do small touch ups if needed down the track . And tbh I prefer the second one. 
But again it differs from people to people and problem to problem! 

Despite all these it’s also a part of my job to have a good image so that’s an added reason for me ! 

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

Are you on medication or thought about medication?

And how is your family history? Any NW5+?

Yes I am on both finasteride and dutasteride and Minox twice a day . 

Only my uncle , a norwood IV until his 55 , and my grandfather same a norwood IV -V until his 60 and the last decade of his life he reached VI. But I don’t think I follow exactly this path , cause they both , as my cousins , have their temples peak gone really back , and my cousins at the age of 27 have the same reversion with them and I don’t . But not a a  clear VI or VII at my family tree.

23 minutes ago, Fego said:

If I were you I will go for fue instead of fut and avoid getting linear scar

That’s a thought of mine too , but if I need all my donor down the track , It maybe better to have a linear scar and near normal densities behind than the half density all over my donor, that’s why i am not sure yet .

Almost at 7 months… hoping behind the hairline will start to show more improvements now… as you know I had a 2nd procedure and suffered a bit of shock loss… I’m now also 2 months into 2nd op so should start to see some early growth ! I will take a picture from the top at the end of January as I believe all shock loss will be retrieved by then … Merry Christmas everyone !

E9070EAC-B7D3-4890-8B21-D4C3249DC65C.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, captaincalico said:

Almost at 7 months… hoping behind the hairline will start to show more improvements now… as you know I had a 2nd procedure and suffered a bit of shock loss… I’m now also 2 months into 2nd op so should start to see some early growth ! I will take a picture from the top at the end of January as I believe all shock loss will be retrieved by then … Merry Christmas everyone !

E9070EAC-B7D3-4890-8B21-D4C3249DC65C.jpeg

Amazing transformation buddy ! Enjoy your new look! It suits your face perfect ! 

• Thanks 1