De Freitas wait time

I'm considering De Freitas for my transplant.  Can anyone who has had surgery with him please tell me how long you waited for your pics to be looked at by him and then how long you waited to have your actual surgery?

I was told it would be 2 months before he looked at my pics and replied (it's been just over 2 months). I asked how long the surgery wait time was but didn't get an answer. I'll wait another week or 2 and chase them up, was just curious how long others had to wait. I'm able to go at very short notice too if any of you had cancellations?

Thanks

• Like 1

• Administrators

Let me tag the clinic , they respond to forum members @De Freitas Clinic

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi. I scheduled with him recently. Submitted the photos, details, medication etc on the website (online appointment) in the end of June -  beginning of July 2021.  I received the answer on 10th of September. In mid October I was offered 9,10 January 2023 and I accepted.

Maybe there will be some cancellations in the meantime and then they could re-schedule me earlier, but is not very likely.

Edited by Fabulous

• Administrators

@deeznutsis scheduled to go De Freitas, he’s one of the best in Europe, so expect long wait times, but it’s not impossible.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I consulted with their rep on here (De Freitas Clinic) in June of this year and got an appointment booked for May of next year. So I'd say from start to finish it's roughly 11 months. Not really as bad as Ignacio (their rep) said it would be but he mentioned they had some sort of promotion to forum members where I think we'd get an expedited consultation? Not sure if that's a thing still but yeah 11 months timeline isn't so bad

@deeznuts cheers for the info. I'll chase them up tomorrow and they may reply here, 11 months isn't too bad. I'm in a fortunate position that I can take Any cancellations with just a couple of days notice, not sure how often they appear though 

7 minutes ago, jay80 said:

@deeznuts cheers for the info. I'll chase them up tomorrow and they may reply here, 11 months isn't too bad. I'm in a fortunate position that I can take Any cancellations with just a couple of days notice, not sure how often they appear though 

yeah np. I think my consultation took them like a month only though.

If you end up getting a cancellation could you post your results here? I'd be super curious to see how your experience turns out

1 hour ago, deeznuts said:

yeah np. I think my consultation took them like a month only though.

If you end up getting a cancellation could you post your results here? I'd be super curious to see how your experience turns out

Definitely.  Think I'm either going with de freitas or Bisanga. Whoever I go with I'll document my surgery

I was about to ask someone the same think but then I read at Bjorn’s thread that Ignacio from the clinic told a member to contact him in private so I found his number on his profile and sent him a message on Saturday on WhatsApp asking him about this and I I haven’t received a response yet.

I also had completed the form they sent me on October and I still haven’t received a response to book a consultation. On their email they told me it would be approx 2 months for the response and on WhatsApp which I contacted the other number back then told me approx 1 month for the response.

I don’t write it as a complaining , cause I have really decided to go with Dr De Freitas and I can’t wait to book my surgery . And that’s the reason I’m trying contacting with them , so u can build a timeline , cause I am at the same boat as you @jay80 , I am all set up I am just waiting for the date, and if they told me they have a free spot tomorrow I would write from Plane right now 😂

44 minutes ago, Overthinker said:

I was about to ask someone the same think but then I read at Bjorn’s thread that Ignacio from the clinic told a member to contact him in private so I found his number on his profile and sent him a message on Saturday on WhatsApp asking him about this and I I haven’t received a response yet.

I also had completed the form they sent me on October and I still haven’t received a response to book a consultation. On their email they told me it would be approx 2 months for the response and on WhatsApp which I contacted the other number back then told me approx 1 month for the response.

I don’t write it as a complaining , cause I have really decided to go with Dr De Freitas and I can’t wait to book my surgery . And that’s the reason I’m trying contacting with them , so u can build a timeline , cause I am at the same boat as you @jay80 , I am all set up I am just waiting for the date, and if they told me they have a free spot tomorrow I would write from Plane right now 😂

Haha hope you get WiFi on the plane.

Seems most people have to wait, which is fine,  but would just be good to get replies sooner and dates confirmed

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 10:09 PM, MachoVato said:

I waited 3 months for an online evaluation. I never received it, so I cancelled the request. 

Good luck!

Dear user, let me inform you that we have sent you the result of your evaluation on July 23, 2021 at 13:03 Valencia time.
Please check your spam box in case you do not see our mail in your inbox.
Yours sincerely.

• Like 1

▪️Ignacio Torres Blanchard - Representative of De Freitas Clinic
▪️https://www.injertocapilar-alopecia.es/en - https://www.clinicadefreitas.com
▪️
(+34) 681 273 588

De Freitas Clinic.png

2 minutes ago, De Freitas Clinic said:

Dear user, let me inform you that we have sent you the result of your evaluation on July 23, 2021 at 13:03 Valencia time.
Yours sincerely.

@MachoVato You was only mentioning De Freitas earlier… 😝👊

On 12/19/2021 at 3:27 AM, Falconary said:

I sent My pictures in the beginning of July and was told it would take 2-3 months to get the evaluation from Dr Freitas, and atleast one year after the evaluation to Book available time. But I have still not received an answer. 

Please, let me help you.

Write me by DM and tell me your email address so that I check it with preoperative department and speed your request.
Best regards.

▪️
(+34) 681 273 588

De Freitas Clinic.png

37 minutes ago, De Freitas Clinic said:

Yours sincerely.

I did send a follow up email in August, and I was told that it was almost ready. I never received it, so on September 16, I sent an email to cancel the evaluation.

Yes, maybe it was in my Spam folder and got deleted. It doesn't matter at this point, since I did go to Bisanga. :)

1806350368_Screenshot2022-01-03091510.jpg.0c2804c5282be0d3a8b98ea8fa732f0c.jpg

• Administrators

In the future, reach out to me if you need to speak to Dr. De Freitas I will have Ignacio contact you directly. 

View my thread

48 minutes ago, JC71 said:

@MachoVato You was only mentioning De Freitas earlier… 😝👊

Oh yes. I believe his hairlines are among the very best in the world, at any cost. If/when I get a third transplant, I'll try to plan ahead and get an evaluation from him. If lockdowns are still in place, I'll probably stay in the US and go to Mwamba. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

I did send a follow up email in August, and I was told that it was almost ready. I never received it, so on September 16, I sent an email to cancel the evaluation.

Yes, maybe it was in my Spam folder and got deleted. It doesn't matter at this point, since I did go to Bisanga. :)

1806350368_Screenshot2022-01-03091510.jpg.0c2804c5282be0d3a8b98ea8fa732f0c.jpg

Sincerely I don't know what could has happened. My registration indicates other information.
I apologize for the misunderstanding. We will try to verify where this error lies.
Next time, please contact me directly and I will process your requests more quickly.
Once again I am sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for your clarification.

▪️
(+34) 681 273 588

De Freitas Clinic.png

• 3 weeks later...

After a little bit of work the clinic have come good, apologised for their slow replies and I have my surgery booked for February 2023.

I understand they are incredibly busy and apologised for this

• Like 1