My surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira 2500 grafts

Sitries1

Another thing to add is that I finally recieved the photos from the clinic from the days of the procedure (please see below). 

I am due to go back out to see Dr Ferreira in a couple of weeks - it was originally meant to be for a beard transplant but I'm getting decent gains from minoxidil so I am going to stick with that for another year and see where I can get to before getting a transplant.

I will use my days session with Dr Ferreira to really dial in the density with a 2nd pass over the transplanted area and tweak my hairline (it's slightly asymetrical so I want to fix that). 

DSCF6145.png

DSCF6147.png

DSCF6150.png

DSCF6151.png

DSCF6153.png

DSCF6154.png

DSCF6156.png

DSCF6157.png

DSCF6158.png

DSCF6160.png

DSCF6162.png

DSCF6166.png

DSCF6167.png

DSCF6169.png

DSCF6170.png

DSCF6172.png

DSCF6173.png

DSCF6231.png

DSCF6233.png

DSCF6234.png

DSCF6236.png

DSCF6239.png

DSCF6240.png

DSCF6242.png

DSCF6244.png

DSCF6245.png

DSCF6246.png

Edited by Sitries1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sitries1 said:

Another thing to add is that I finally recieved the photos from the clinic from the days of the procedure (please see below). 

I am due to go back out to see Dr Ferreira in a couple of weeks - it was originally meant to be for a beard transplant but I'm getting decent gains from minoxidil so I am going to stick with that for another year and see where I can get to before getting a transplant.

I will use my days session with Dr Ferreira to really dial in the density with a 2nd pass over the transplanted area and tweak my hairline (it's slightly asymetrical so I want to fix that). 

DSCF6145.png

DSCF6147.png

DSCF6150.png

DSCF6151.png

DSCF6153.png

DSCF6154.png

DSCF6156.png

DSCF6157.png

DSCF6158.png

DSCF6160.png

DSCF6162.png

DSCF6166.png

DSCF6167.png

DSCF6169.png

DSCF6170.png

DSCF6172.png

DSCF6173.png

DSCF6231.png

DSCF6233.png

DSCF6234.png

DSCF6236.png

DSCF6239.png

DSCF6240.png

DSCF6242.png

DSCF6244.png

DSCF6245.png

DSCF6246.png

More density?  Bro, your hair looks fantastic now!

3 minutes ago, davidn said:

looks good! Did Dr Ferreira give you an estimation of number of grafts available in your donor area? What is your current treatment plan? Sorry if you mentioned these things already along the thread.

He didn't give me an exact estimate no but he said I had a fairly good donor area. I'm not currently on meds.  The plan is to re assess both of the above on this 2nd visit - get my head under the microscope again and see how much miniaturisation is occurring and see how the donor area is looking.  

1 minute ago, Calihome1 said:

More density?  Bro, your hair looks fantastic now!

I'm very happy with my result yes but is it as close as a HT can be to perfection? No.   The best result will require 2 passes IMO. I've spent a decent amount of money of this HT so don't mind spending a bit more to achieve what I deem as the best result possible. 

1 hour ago, Sitries1 said:

I'm very happy with my result yes but is it as close as a HT can be to perfection? No.   The best result will require 2 passes IMO. I've spent a decent amount of money of this HT so don't mind spending a bit more to achieve what I deem as the best result possible. 

how did you make contact with DR Ferreira? 

Congratulations!! Crazy awesome result!

However, I think that it is really important you consider getting on Finasteride, as it will maintain your hair and help with the longevity of your transplant results. 

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

On 8/9/2022 at 11:12 PM, Sitries1 said:

Ok so I jumped the gun on my last updated photos post hair cut…… it was 7 months not 8 months! Now it’s just turned 8 months! 

I’m happy to say that it’s still thickening up nicely. My hair is getting long and is actually due a cut but I thought I would update anyway. I may update again after a fresh cut (like I did last month for comparison). 

Ive actually tried to post a couple of videos but the site doesn’t seem to accept them so will stick to the photos. 

6B126DD7-7162-4937-B540-0063B9C4E76F.jpeg

49C6163C-F6F1-4ACF-8690-A06F396E679F.jpeg

D75FE28E-1D1B-4565-BD21-4EDA7AA25C95.jpeg

2E45BC9D-3C45-480B-9949-386B9587D040.jpeg

3BD96231-47ED-4D48-99E1-AC8ECC276BED.jpeg

70B33748-9903-4AAD-8241-DCBAE0719A6C.jpeg

2AF6F8C0-6557-4269-A705-DF3BC7EBBEAC.jpeg

25399EF4-EB58-452B-B383-01C1921666E9.jpeg

F6644F29-9AC1-451E-AB07-A71E1B6086BA.jpeg

Just WOW with capital letters. Incredible result! Looks just so natural and that density, wonderful.
Many thanks for sharing with us.

As I mentioned before, I will be going back out to see Dr Ferriera again in a few weeks to 'perfect' my result. Most comments I've had regarding my 2nd visit are "I wouldnt touch it" or "it's a great result, leave it alone", but I feel that improvements can be made. Firstly, all HT's can be improved with a 2nd pass to add density and secondly I want to improve the symmetry of the hairline.

A friend of mine is a CAD engineer and I got him to carry out some 'hairline diagnostics' for me. I knew the centre line was slightly off so I wanted to establish how far out it actually was.  It turned out that it was 1.9mm off centre (not much, but enough to throw the shape out slightly). I also suspected that one side of the hairline was slightly higher than the other.  I was proven to be correct on this as it turned out to be 3mm difference from one side to the other.  

Now, whilst I realise that we are talking mm here so it's not something that anyone else would probably notice but my thoughts are that there is no reason why we cannot improve it so the dimensions are 'Bang on'. 

Please see 'hairline diagnostics' photos below and let me know your thoughts.....im also probably going to see what Dr Ferrerias thoughts are on potentially dropping the hairline in the centre by another 2mm. This would be on top of the levelling out of the hairline which is required.  My only worry would be that this may effect how accurate he is able to level the hairline.  

Simon 3_221203_153928.jpg

Simon hair line 3_221203_153832.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Sitries1 said:

As I mentioned before, I will be going back out to see Dr Ferriera again in a few weeks to 'perfect' my result. Most comments I've had regarding my 2nd visit are "I wouldnt touch it" or "it's a great result, leave it alone", but I feel that improvements can be made. Firstly, all HT's can be improved with a 2nd pass to add density and secondly I want to improve the symmetry of the hairline.

A friend of mine is a CAD engineer and I got him to carry out some 'hairline diagnostics' for me. I knew the centre line was slightly off so I wanted to establish how far out it actually was.  It turned out that it was 1.9mm off centre (not much, but enough to throw the shape out slightly). I also suspected that one side of the hairline was slightly higher than the other.  I was proven to be correct on this as it turned out to be 3mm difference from one side to the other.  

Now, whilst I realise that we are talking mm here so it's not something that anyone else would probably notice but my thoughts are that there is no reason why we cannot improve it so the dimensions are 'Bang on'. 

Please see 'hairline diagnostics' photos below and let me know your thoughts.....im also probably going to see what Dr Ferrerias thoughts are on potentially dropping the hairline in the centre by another 2mm. This would be on top of the levelling out of the hairline which is required.  My only worry would be that this may effect how accurate he is able to level the hairline.  

this is sick lol 👏🏻👏🏻🤯

6 hours ago, Sitries1 said:

Wow

I crosschecked the diagonals and your mates measurements all stack up - good job.

Now as we are talking precision here, you really need to carry out the same measurements with your final results (buzzed). The post op photos may differ to what actually grew.

18 hours ago, NikosHair said:

The other factor is post op swelling distorting the measurements. Not to say your instincts about the discrepancies are wrong but for accuracy you really need to know what you have now.

This is a great point.  I have my mate now carrying out the same diagnostics with a current photo with hair slicked back. Thanks for raising this. I will update once he's completed it. 

On 12/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, Sitries1 said:

This is a great point.  I have my mate now carrying out the same diagnostics with a current photo with hair slicked back. Thanks for raising this. I will update once he's completed it. 

I thought I have seen everything in the hair transplant world.. 🤣 what a determination.

That's very true, my initial hairline design was perfectly simmetrical, and became slightly assymetrical after swelling went off. I feel you with the OCD perfectionism (im on the same road), but make sure its measured with 0 swelling + hair grown slightly, because the angling of hairs they used will also affect the perceived hairline!

Good luck

• Like 1

In order to discount swelling as a potential reason for the asymmetry, I got my friend to do the same with a current picture. As you can see, a similar trend has emerged showing then middle being slightly off centre and one side of the hairline just needing to come down very slightly.  

I have been in contact with Dr Ferreira who said that whilst he wasn't in favour of chasing mathematical symmetry becuase no ones face is symetrical, he would be happy to make a few adjustments if that's what I wanted. 

So I'm now at the airport ready to yet off to Porto again for a 1 day procedure on Monday. Since the hairline will. Not require that many grafts I think the plan is going to be to tackle the beard also.  I shall keep you updated with progress - I'm just wondering whether to start a new thread for the 2nd visit to see Dr F or keep adding to this one...... 1880750372_Screenshot_20221215_150139_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.852bc335ef5318c0336f52379405c27c.jpg

Edited by Sitries1
  • Like 1

I'm pleased Dr Bruno is embracing your desire for symmetry. He has produced a fantastic result with the 1st pass and shares your desire for perfection. Defo top tier surgeon.

While it's true that all our faces are asymmetrical to a greater or lesser extent, there is enough evidence to indicate the closer to symmetrical you are the better. The caveat, perfect symmetry ie. a mirror image can look odd. For example, you have a mole on one side of your face, replicating it on the other side doesn't make you more attractive.

Ideally, you have the main components of your face symmetrical with micro-irregularities within that structure.

Below is your right side replicated on the left. I'll let the community to share their thoughts on the image.

(I'd start a new thread linking back to your 1st surgery - keeps the presentation clean)

image.png.54e877d8805dfb57a28084062ff32ffe.png