My surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira 2500 grafts

Sitries1

18 hours ago, NikosHair said:

I'm pleased Dr Bruno is embracing your desire for symmetry. He has produced a fantastic result with the 1st pass and shares your desire for perfection. Defo top tier surgeon.

While it's true that all our faces are asymmetrical to a greater or lesser extent, there is enough evidence to indicate the closer to symmetrical you are the better. The caveat, perfect symmetry ie. a mirror image can look odd. For example, you have a mole on one side of your face, replicating it on the other side doesn't make you more attractive.

Ideally, you have the main components of your face symmetrical with micro-irregularities within that structure.

Below is your right side replicated on the left. I'll let the community to share their thoughts on the image.

(I'd start a new thread linking back to your 1st surgery - keeps the presentation clean)

image.png.54e877d8805dfb57a28084062ff32ffe.png

...that does look slightly better, would not have expected it tbh.

This is already such an incredible result that I would probably still leave it be if I were you @Sitries1, but I'll keep (jealously) following your progress lol

OK chaps so the deed has been done!!!!  Dr Ferreira was awesome today - he completley respected my wishes in terms of my chase for symmetry and although he said nothing can be made milimeter perfect he would do his  best to get as close to my desired result as he could.  He did caveat that though and say that perfect summetry may not necessarily yield a better result. 

Dr Ferreira recommended that we concentrate on perfecting the hair today becuase there was a fair amount of work involved (the beard will have to wait which suits me since the hair was my main priority). 

Anyway, we have not long finished and he has transplanted 1350 grafts and completely NAILED IT! My plan is to start a new thread for this 2nd transplant once I get the clinics photos through (this should be much quicker this time since Dr Ferreira's team has now grown and evolved to become more efficient). 

Here are a couple of photos so you can get the general idea of what's been done and the result achieved. 

20221219_190441.jpg

20221219_190453.jpg

20221219_190450.jpg

20221219_190446.jpg

Edited by Sitries1
  • Like 3

This is going to be epic.

Congrats on a the procedure and to Dr Bruno for rising to the challenge.

THREE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY GRAFTS total in your front third!

Did you get the hairline lowered?

What's the distance to the glabella?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NikosHair said:

This is going to be epic.

Congrats on a the procedure and to Dr Bruno for rising to the challenge.

THREE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY GRAFTS total in your front third!

Did you get the hairline lowered?

What's the distance to the glabella?

The hairline has been lowered on one side by around 2.5mm I would say which has brought the symmetry pretty much perfect. On the other side he has scattered a few grafts slightly below where the old hairline was but I wouldn't say its enough to consider it a 'drop' on that side. I was surprised at how many grafts Dr F has managed to densely pack into the the area overall and density should end up being about as good as it can possibly get for a HT. I haven't taken any measurements currently as I want to let the swelling subside but healing wise everything is right on track. Its only been a couple of days and the donor is pretty much back to normal already and the work is super clean so I have lots of tiny little scabs which shouldn't take too long to fall off of their own Accord. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PutTheFolliclesInTheBag said:

Absolutely insane, not to jinx it but this might just end up becoming Ferreira's magnum opus 👀😅

How dare you

• Wow 2
  • Haha 3

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

1 hour ago, PutTheFolliclesInTheBag said:

Sorry, didn't mean to dethrone the man who started the Ferreira hype train 😂 Also, considering his pre-op status, @Rolandas will probably always remain the most impressive case, may my blasphemous words be mercifully received 😇

From where @Rolandasstarted from I believe his result cannot be beaten. In Actual fact its thanks to @Rolandasthat I went with Dr Ferreira in the 1st place so big thanks to him. 

• Well Done 1

30 minutes ago, Sitries1 said:

From where @Rolandasstarted from I believe his result cannot be beaten. In Actual fact its thanks to @Rolandasthat I went with Dr Ferreira in the 1st place so big thanks to him. 

Treasure to the community that one is. Very helpful informative and transparent videos

• Like 2

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

Agreed 100%, I know I wouldn't have even heard of Ferreira if it hadn't been for @Rolandas!

Still exciting to see what unreal results a surgeon like Ferreira can achieve under the right circumstances, I feel like your final result will be denser than the hair I had at 12 years old @Sitries1 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stephcurry30 said:

Can we see photos of your donor area? LOoking goodi

I should have the surgery day photos at some stage next week so once I get them through I will start a new thread. Here's a couple I manged to take the morning  after the Op (not the best) 

20221220_111912.jpg

20221220_111906_001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NikosHair said:

Very little evidence of scarring from the first procedure.

Whats the feedback from friends/fam? 

Do they see the scars?

Would you be confident to rock a buzz cut by choice?

The scars from the 1st procedure are hardly visible at all to be honest. As I have light hair I think I'm pretty lucky in that regard. I've been getting high fades regularly without issue. Once this 2nd transplant grows in I'm going to play around with a few more hair styles but I'm thinking I may keep it shorter for a while rather than growing it long again straight away. We'll see. 

I'm also toying with the idea of starting meds........ Whilst I'm not keen on the idea, now that I've been through two procedures would I not be mad to safe guard against future loses...... I'm on the fence!? Dr F said that a high level of miniaturisation wasn't a concern at this stage so it wasn't essential for me to be on meds but it's defo at the back of my mind.  

18 minutes ago, Sitries1 said:

I'm also toying with the idea of starting meds

Definitely.

You have invested heavily in the front third (Not so much from the money side but more in terms of grafts). The meds would be a preventative measure for the mid scalp and crown. Only you know if there are any examples of thinning/balding in the immediate family.

Play it smart and you may have a full head of hair for the rest of your life.👍

Edited by NikosHair
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Your hair looks great. Followed your threads and so happy for you.

I have tried contacting Dr Ferreira but the waiting list isa year now! Probably due to your results!

If the Dr says miniaturisation is not an issue for you just leave the meds alone and live a normal happy healthy life. You can look at it down the road if needs be.

I had sides and had to go on hormones etc to get back to health. IMO if you start and get sides and something happens and you have to do what I did you could be worse of hair wise.

I am not fear mongering. Some are fine, some aren't. Just trying to say that you have everything going for you now, killer result, you are a good looking dude. Just live the dream!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jl90 said:

Your hair looks great. Followed your threads and so happy for you.

I have tried contacting Dr Ferreira but the waiting list isa year now! Probably due to your results!

If the Dr says miniaturisation is not an issue for you just leave the meds alone and live a normal happy healthy life. You can look at it down the road if needs be.

I had sides and had to go on hormones etc to get back to health. IMO if you start and get sides and something happens and you have to do what I did you could be worse of hair wise.

I am not fear mongering. Some are fine, some aren't. Just trying to say that you have everything going for you now, killer result, you are a good looking dude. Just live the dream!

Oh and also, how do you feel on the HGH? Any improvements in any areas? Sleep, energy etc? Interested for myself.