Any success/horror stories on oral Mixodiil? (Non responder to topical minoxidil)

stephcurry30

• Administrators

I take about 2.5 mg of oral min per week, no sides. I didn't experience shedding either, my arm hair and body hair seem to grow a lot faster too. My hair looks healthy, can't say it's grown anything back, but definitely maintaining it. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I take about 2.5 mg of oral min per week, no sides. I didn't experience shedding either, my arm hair and body hair seem to grow a lot faster too. My hair looks healthy, can't say it's grown anything back, but definitely maintaining it. 

Interesting. So you take 2.5 mg weekly? I thought the dosage was 2.5 mg daily?

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Interesting. So you take 2.5 mg weekly? I thought the dosage was 2.5 mg daily?

I take 1 mg per day, and I take it about 2-3 days per week, so roughly 2.5-3mg per week.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, stephcurry30 said:

Nice. I'm thinking about hopping on it but reading the horror stories of the shed is scaring me. Have you exp a shed while jumping on oral minoxidil?

Never noticed a shed on any treatment I've taken. I don't pay attention to hairs going down the drain though

7 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

How come you only take 2.5mg weekly? Did you start on that dose? Or did you have to reduce your daily dose?