'Just shave it bro...'

22 hours ago, TEXAN35 said:

I think only 10% of the guys carry on the shaved look very well, some are just ok with it for rest, it dents the appearance pretty badly specially after NW3.

I think the estimates of how many guys can pull off a shaved look is a big unknown and probably a big underestimate. Because most guys never dare to do it. Myself included up until this prolonged lockdown/work from home stretch we've had. And it turns out I like it and I've gotten compliments on it, so even though I've had some transplants I'm looking into SMP for going forward and just doing a mixture of mostly ink and maybe minor additional procedures.

Look at these pictures from @hairthere gallery of his shaved head patient results. Alot of them are just every day normal guys. 

edit -adding the link to scalpmicrousa too, didn't realize alot of hairthere's have their faces blurred out.

https://www.aheadink.com/gallery

https://scalpmicrousa.com/results/hairline/

Edited by ciaus

12 minutes ago, ciaus said:

I think the estimates of how many guys can pull off a shaved look is a big unknown and probably a big underestimate. Because most guys never dare to do it. Myself included up until this prolonged lockdown/work from home stretch we've had. And it turns out I like it and I've gotten compliments on it, so even though I've had some transplants I'm looking into SMP for going forward and just doing a mixture of mostly ink and maybe minor additional procedures.

Look at these pictures from @hairthere gallery of his shaved head patient results. Alot of them are just every day normal guys. 

edit -adding the link to scalpmicrousa too, didn't realize alot of hairthere's have their faces blurred out.

Thanks for the mention.....FYI My web site is terribly outdated. My Instagram and Facebook have more recent results.

The stigma men face with balding is troubling to me. Whereas everything else is considered "body shaming" a bald guy is still fair game for making fun of. Something genetic and out of our hands? It makes no sense to me. 

• Like 3

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

1 minute ago, Gasthoerer said:

Better than "Shave it all off" is: "Shave it all of and grow a beard"...particular to someone who cannot grow a beard 😒

Those that think they can't grow a beard shouldn't give up without trying minoxidil. Google or search youtube for results, its no joke. And facial hair is not like scalp hair, if you apply the minoxidil long enough -1 to 2 years, those vellus hairs it converts to terminal hairs are permanent even if you stop. 

14 minutes ago, ciaus said:

There is a big difference between having a shaved head of full hair and a shaved head of balding/bald hair, though. I don't know if I would say it's underestimated who can pull off the latter look (well, 'pull off' is a fairly subjective term anyway, but more take this route and not feel less attractive because of it) as I do think it doesn't look very good on most guys. Sure, bald looks better than heavily balding, but I think most who feel they would dislike the look probably do indeed dislike it once they bite the bullet and shave.

You're probably right in regards to a shaved head of a full set of hair/convincing SMP though, more people than not probably would look pretty good with this when they might think otherwise. I just think it's comparing apples to oranges a bit when shaving a balding head is compared to shaving a non balding head; the two and their respective looks are different.

Objectively speaking, almost everyone will look better with hair on their heads than without. I do not think it should matter too much with work, as bottom line if you get your work done and deliver results, having hair on the top of your head or not is rather irrelevant. 

However, with how more and more superficial the world is getting, it absolutely will affect your dating prospects and how the opposite sex sees you. Will some women not care? Of course. The issue is that you just, in my opinion, drastically shrunk the pool of candidates due to something beyond your control. 

So, these are the two biggest reasons why someone should look to treat their hairloss:

1) You are unhappy with your own self image and having hair is something you want, just to feel more comfortable with yourself.

2) You want to improve your dating prospects / feel more attractive for your wife / etc.

Is this fair? No, a lot of things in life are very unfair unfortunately. I am just thankful that we have the technology and medicine at our disposal today to do something about it, and that hopefully this condition will be a thing of the past for future generations.

6 hours ago, ciaus said:

Those that think they can't grow a beard shouldn't give up without trying minoxidil. Google or search youtube for results, its no joke. And facial hair is not like scalp hair, if you apply the minoxidil long enough -1 to 2 years, those vellus hairs it converts to terminal hairs are permanent even if you stop. 

I couldn't even grow a proper beard on oral minox and I get side effects on it. Topical minox only works on a relatively low percentage of people...