So no scars from BHT?

So has anyone seen noticible scars in the beard area from a BHT??   

So I'm looking into reddit, youtube, and these forums and it seems everyone that has had a BHT tells me that have zero scars.  I can't find even 1 case of noticible scars from BHT.  Not only does it not leave scars, but it also heals like 10x faster then regular FUE.   

Just seems too good to be true.   

• Moderators

I have a procedure coming up in December. I just had a few days off from work, so I decided to let my beard grow to give me an idea of how much hair I still have that I can use. After having well over 2300 beard grafts taken, I surprisingly still have a lot of beard hair left, so I'm really happy about that. I'm also happy that I can't even see any scars from all the previous work that was done. If you look closely you can see some small spots, but I think it looks more like areas with no hair growing rather than scars unless you really know what to look for and in real life situations, if you weren't staring at my neck up close for a minute, then you would never see anything. These pictures were just taken a day or two ago.

IMG_0352.thumb.JPG.44c258fadd5aff08d2fc2cb7064c4dac.JPG

IMG_0351.thumb.JPG.d055fb6cc2abdeae90805504e7934dca.JPG

IMG_0350.thumb.JPG.9a9cd07e10d8d5f7afa31af515a59735.JPG

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:17 AM, BeHappy said:

I have a procedure coming up in December. I just had a few days off from work, so I decided to let my beard grow to give me an idea of how much hair I still have that I can use. After having well over 2300 beard grafts taken, I surprisingly still have a lot of beard hair left, so I'm really happy about that. I'm also happy that I can't even see any scars from all the previous work that was done. If you look closely you can see some small spots, but I think it looks more like areas with no hair growing rather than scars unless you really know what to look for and in real life situations, if you weren't staring at my neck up close for a minute, then you would never see anything. These pictures were just taken a day or two ago.

You can't really tell at all that you had multiple BHT.   

I get nervous becasue my skin complexion is just a little darker then yours....   And maybe on me, BHT would leave noticible white dot scars. 

On 10/30/2021 at 4:17 PM, BeHappy said:

Will you be making a thread? I’ve always been interested to see what you look like after your long journey! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I believe skin on your face heals better than on your scalp. It also helps if you’re light skinned according to Dr. Sethi.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe skin on your face heals better than on your scalp. It also helps if you’re light skinned according to Dr. Sethi.

That's what I think....  The skin tone makes a big difference..    I've seen pics of bad scars from chest grafts that were extracted...   Little white dots all over the chest.    But I've yet to see a beard transplant that left noticeable scars. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

The dots on my chest are a bit more noticable, but even those are hard to see unless you are up close and looking for them. I've been with no shirt in the Summer and nobody noticed.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

46 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

The dots on my chest are a bit more noticable, but even those are hard to see unless you are up close and looking for them. I've been with no shirt in the Summer and nobody noticed.

Could you please share a photo showing these dots as I am looking to use chest hair. 

What I want to know is where were the over 2300 grafts placed and what does it look like grown out?…pics?

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 12:16 PM, BeHappy said:

Will probably need a BHT using chest hair as well

How does it look with a tan?

Etownone,

To be clear, beard hair transplantation typically refers to hair taken from the scalp or other areas of the body and transplanted onto the beard whereas body hair transplantation refers to taking hair from the body and transplanting it to the scalp.  Based on what you’re saying it sounds like you’re referring to the face or the body as the donor area and thus, questioning the feasibility of the scarring in those areas correct? Assuming that’s what you’re referring to, my response is below.

Every surgical procedure leaves some kind of scar even if it is minimal. For example, BHT whether you’re referring to beard hair transplantation or body hair transplantation will leave scarring behind that looks like tiny white dots. These scars are very well camouflaged by the surrounding hair and in many cases, they’re barely noticeable even when you shave all the way down to the skin.  Visibility of the scar depends on a number factors including:

1. Size of the punch used

2. Skill and experience of the surgeon

3. Pattern and spacing of the extractions

4. Skin to hair color contrast ratio

5. The patient’s healing characteristics

That said, if done right scarring is typically nondetectable so choose a surgeon wisely and you’ll be in good hands

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

The scarring exists, the bottom line is, “How visible is it?”

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY