Help in finding if this clinic is legit or scam!

irishman2021

Hi everyone, 

I found a clinic that I'd like to get my hair transplant done with in Turkey. Their name is Pure-Line Clinic. 

I cannot find anything about them in FB groups or on Reddit. Their photos on the site look fantastic but could be fake. They have, of course, a stellar rating on Trustpilot but who knows what's real and what's fake there. 

They offered me a price of €1750 for a Sapphire FUE operation with 4000-4500 grafts, two nights accommodation and travel. It seems too good to be true. 

When I asked how new the clinic was as I couldn't find info about them online, they sent me long messages via WhatsApp stating their authenticity, how great they are, pictures of their lavish operation centre and sent me to look at heir reviews on Trustpilot. 

Can anyone tell me if these are red flags? Thanks. 

22 minutes ago, irishman2021 said:

It seems too good to be true. 

You hit the nail on the head there. That's a lot on offer for a relatively small price tag. There are quite a lot of red flags but a big one is that I couldn't see who the Doctor/Surgeon is on the website. Always best to know who will be operating on you, and what their independent reviews/credentials are (from forums, membership to professional associations, etc). You would be wise to avoid this clinic.

These are ALL red flags. Stay away from this clinic. Use this website's search function to find recommended surgeons and chose from a clinic with real patient posted results. 

• Like 4

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Stay away from this place, it will surely be one of the hundreds of pseudo-clinics in Turkey. They will surely have sent you photos of some hospital or clinic in Istanbul, where they will rent a room to have your procedure performed by young trainees or even worse by guys who until the day before were waiters in some restaurant or taxi drivers.  They’ll trick you into picking you up at the airport and taking you to some more or less luxurious hotel, everything will look good, but once you get home, you’ll realize the big mistake you’ve made.

• Like 2

• Administrators

If you have to ask this question. Stay away. Ask yourself this, what type of quality can you expect paying less than 2 grand for surgery +2 nights accommodation + travel? Honestly, I’m interested to hear your answer.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Mark Wolfer said:

Your research should begin with the recommended surgeons posted on the top right link of this site.

Not by finding some random site or instagram account and then coming here to check if that's a good surgeon to go with.

Absolutely, use our list as a starting point for research.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Flights are around $900. With the massive housing crisis, I'd guess housing would set you back $150 - 300 in total. That leaves around $500 for them to do the surgery. 

You'd be lucky to even have a tech operating you. Wouldn't be surprised if a local meat butcher or 18 year old student operated on you with that price. Avoid.

In addition to running far away from this clinic and heading straight to the "Recommended Surgeons List" on this forum, I also recommend that you reframe your views on how much money you're willing to spend for a procedure. The fact that this seemed so enticing to you indicates that the price is a huge determining factor for you. While I understand the temptation of wanting to save money, when it comes to a procedure like a hair transplant, believe us when we say you do not want to go bargain shopping. You'll end up regretting it later.

That said, you'll find in your research that even amongst top surgeons, the prices can vary greatly depending on a large number of factors. So it's not that "the most expensive is necessarily the best" - but it's a reminder that a low price shouldn't be the driving force behind your search for a surgeon. 

I'm glad you found this forum and I hope you take advantage of all the resources here. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56