DUNE

If you've read the book, and / or you enjoy sci-fi, go see it. It's great.

But you know you have an obsession with hair, when in spite of witnessing a true epic with superb special effects on IMAX, I still couldn't help but admire the hairline of Oscar Isaac 

Lower hairline than the character playing his son, half his age.

Has to make you wonder if he ever thanked the hair gods for his genetics, or merely takes it for granted day in, day out.

If i had to guess, I'd say the latter 🤷‍♂️

dune-oscar-isaac-beard-explained.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Mark Wolfer said:

Oscar Isaac surely is blessed.

On the subject of Dune, I think Sting managed to keep his hair nicely over the 30 year time span from the 1984 movie to his appearance at the 2013 Grammy awards.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Interesting. 

TBH, I have read a few times that Sting has had HTs, though I have never done the deep dive on this. He rarely makes public appearances anymore so I don't know..

• Valued Contributor

When I was 18/19 it was people like Sting (and even Jack Nicholson) who gave me hope of hanging onto my receding hair. This was back in 1985! How they have still not gone the full Norwood 7 is beyond me. Yes they may have resorted to 5ARI's or minoxidil but back then this wasn't even an option.

• Valued Contributor
7 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Interesting. So do you mean back then it felt more accepted to be receded than it is now..? Do you feel there is a noticeable difference ion how society responds to balding now?

No way! Back then to shave your head mean’t that you were a skin head. Today shaving your head means you wear a suit or your a Hollywood star like Vin Diesal, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, etc. There were no positive shaved head positive role models. It was far worse and less accepted being bald back then and their was no hope. No 5ari’s, minoxidil. No Single follicle grafts (just plugs with up to a dozen hairs in each one). Cosmetic surgery in general was perceived as vain. And that’s just if you were a female! You suffered in silence and if it hit you young like it did me in the era of head banging long hair it was a depressing time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Definitely not fair. 

And out of interest, how come you didn't like the film?

Yeah man, I have to remind myself that Hollywood actors probably use a fair amount of Toppik or other concealers to appear better, but this man looks great in everything. 

I'm big fan of Villeneuve ever since Enemy, but I thought Dune was too lifeless. It often feels like there's proper transition scenes missing in the film and, beyond that, some fairly bad dialogue. Main actor is too unemotive as well and as perhaps poor casting. Otherwise, was disappointing that the more Islamic/Middle Eastern influences had been cut out. I think the saving grace is that it's very pretty to look at.  Oddly, one of the few instances that I think it would have succeeded on an artistic level more as a TV show than a film.

9 hours ago, Gatsby said:

No way! Back then to shave your head mean’t that you were a skin head. Today shaving your head means you wear a suit or your a Hollywood star like Vin Diesal, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, etc. There were no positive shaved head positive role models. It was far worse and less accepted being bald back then and their was no hope. No 5ari’s, minoxidil. No Single follicle grafts (just plugs with up to a dozen hairs in each one). Cosmetic surgery in general was perceived as vain. And that’s just if you were a female! You suffered in silence and if it hit you young like it did me in the era of head banging long hair it was a depressing time.

Ahh that makes sense. Must have been more tough back then for sure. 

BTW, How is your micro dosing going now? Will you still get a HT at Eugenix (if i remember correctly?)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Z-- said:

Yeah man, I have to remind myself that Hollywood actors probably use a fair amount of Toppik or other concealers to appear better, but this man looks great in everything. 

I'm big fan of Villeneuve ever since Enemy, but I thought Dune was too lifeless. It often feels like there's proper transition scenes missing in the film and, beyond that, some fairly bad dialogue. Main actor is too unemotive as well and as perhaps poor casting. Otherwise, was disappointing that the more Islamic/Middle Eastern influences had been cut out. I think the saving grace is that it's very pretty to look at.  Oddly, one of the few instances that I think it would have succeeded on an artistic level more as a TV show than a film.

Interesting. I too am a huge Villeneuve fan. My main criticisms of the film were: audio not clear enough, not enough scenes with the Baron, and perhaps a little boring towards the end. But that is my preference of the book also: the fremen stuff i don't enjoy as much.

The power struggle and battles I thought were great, personally. Would also be cool to see more of the spice in the next film.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Ahh that makes sense. Must have been more tough back then for sure. 

BTW, How is your micro dosing going now? Will you still get a HT at Eugenix (if i remember correctly?)

Yes I’m still taking 0.5mg Monday and Tuesday and 1mg on Friday. Still no side effects. Yes I am still going ahead with surgery with Dr Arika at Eugenix. I’m just waiting for confirmation from Qantas and the Australian government on when flights to India commence. I would say at this stage it could be January as many destinations that were aimed for March next year are slowly being brought forward. This Friday Australia reaches 80% vaccinated so international travel to many countries will finally begin in a week!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Yes I’m still taking 0.5mg Monday and Tuesday and 1mg on Friday. Still no side effects. Yes I am still going ahead with surgery with Dr Arika at Eugenix. I’m just waiting for confirmation from Qantas and the Australian government on when flights to India commence. I would say at this stage it could be January as many destinations that were aimed for March next year are slowly being brought forward. This Friday Australia reaches 80% vaccinated so international travel to many countries will finally begin in a week!!!!

Awesome, good luck with that and i'm sure you will keep us all updated. Looking forward to seeing the results!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Oscar Isaac is of Latin descent, he has thick, coarse, and curly hair, pretty much like those from Spain. My sister has the same exact hair type. It really isn't his hairline that is ridiculously low, it's that his hair is so thick when it's grown out it completely covers his corners. If you look at him with short hair, he's a Norwood 2. I wish I had that hair type, man 1,000 grafts of his hair is like 4,000 grafts of fine thin hair. 

image.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
On 10/23/2021 at 10:12 AM, Mark Wolfer said:

Oscar Isaac surely is blessed.

On the subject of Dune, I think Sting managed to keep his hair nicely over the 30 year time span from the 1984 movie to his appearance at the 2013 Grammy awards.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Sting is one of those Jack Nicholson cases where he had significant balding at a young age, but didn't really progress much farther. That is why you can't always say someone who's a Norwood 3 at 30 will become a Norwood 6 by 60. It can happen, but not always.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Unsurprisingly, all the villains in this movie are bald lol.

Bald guys your casting options are "bad guy, gangster, racist" thats about it lol

• Haha 1

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JC71 said:

Or action hero ? Vin Diesel & The Rock spring to mind.. 

That's true tough guy that would be another option

View my thread

I am huge fan of Sting and The Police, but when it comes to Dune franchise, I prefer Dune 2 on DOS, always loved to play the evil NW7 red Harkonnen guys 😆

Screenshot_20211109-221320_Google.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.