Hasson and Wong Wait Time

Der3k7

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

I'm wondering why the wait time for hw is so short at only a couple of months where most other top clinics are like a full year wait. 

Canadian borders were closed for well over a year, and still now, you have to be vaccinated to enter Canada, not everyone is vaccinated.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

I'm wondering why the wait time for hw is so short at only a couple of months where most other top clinics are like a full year wait. 

Border issues and they are also very expensive. Combine those two issues and you get a lower wait.

18 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

I would sprint to H&W if they are low wait times. Enjoy the luxury as they are typically booked 6 months to a year out. Good luck!

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

oh yeah also they have 2 surgeons instead of just 1. 

14 hours ago, hybonix said:

I would sprint to H&W if they are low wait times. Enjoy the luxury as they are typically booked 6 months to a year out. Good luck!

actually when I was consulting with them over a year ago their wait time was still only 2-3 months. It's about 2-3 months now too cuz my friend just booked with them for December a few days ago.

I'm still debating on Freitas too. I gotta keep looking at more posted results of both surgeons. I'm starting to shy away from Diep now because of the reviews ive seen about him planting in rows and I don't like how he harvests all in one spot.

11 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

oh yeah also they have 2 surgeons instead of just 1. 

actually when I was consulting with them over a year ago their wait time was still only 2-3 months. It's about 2-3 months now too cuz my friend just booked with them for December a few days ago.

I'm still debating on Freitas too. I gotta keep looking at more posted results of both surgeons. I'm starting to shy away from Diep now because of the reviews ive seen about him planting in rows and I don't like how he harvests all in one spot.

Ah, interesting. When I called, I got quoted a 6 month timeline and the patient coordinator said they are usually booked for awhile. Although, I was eyeing Hasson only, so maybe that is why. Good to know for the future.

Regarding Diep, yeah there are still concerns I see. Melvin had a life changing experience and so did a couple others. However, there are still too many inconsistencies regarding his surgeries that I have seen. Leaving a bloody mess on one, bad bedside manner, cornrow implantation, donor site extraction issues and etc. He does have his home runs, but I would rather go with a surgeon who is always consistent.

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

14 hours ago, hybonix said:

Ah, interesting. When I called, I got quoted a 6 month timeline and the patient coordinator said they are usually booked for awhile. Although, I was eyeing Hasson only, so maybe that is why. Good to know for the future.

Regarding Diep, yeah there are still concerns I see. Melvin had a life changing experience and so did a couple others. However, there are still too many inconsistencies regarding his surgeries that I have seen. Leaving a bloody mess on one, bad bedside manner, cornrow implantation, donor site extraction issues and etc. He does have his home runs, but I would rather go with a surgeon who is always consistent.

I'm looking at Freitas vs hasson for my decision 

Do we have to quarantine once you get to Canada? I just want to go do my procedure and then peace out! It appears according to https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation that a 14 day quarantine is still required? 

I'm between Hasson and Cooley. I'm thinking I don't have a choice because I'm not wasting 14 days in quarantine to wait for a procedure. I'm not independently wealthy.

On 10/10/2021 at 5:59 AM, hairlossPA said:

i called H&W the other day and they said they're booking for May 2022 now

Oh really? Yeah it's between them and Freitas for me. I'm expecting a response to my photos from Freitas sometime this year 

• Administrators
On 10/10/2021 at 5:59 AM, hairlossPA said:

i called H&W the other day and they said they're booking for May 2022 now

Have you considered going to H&W ? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Have you considered going to H&W ? 

Yeah I considered them a long time ago when I was debating between them and diep and I had my mind set on diep for awhile but I'm hesitant to go with him now because of some things I've seen on the patient posted results here so now I am looking at as many results from hw and Freitas as I can to choose between them.

I had a HT from Hasson two weeks ago and in my consult I asked him about the waitlist out of curiosity. He said that part of the reason that theirs seems short is that each doctor is doing 2 a day with the help of all the great technicians they have doing most of the extractions and implanting. He mentioned they average 20 a week at the clinic so they are doing a higher volume than others most likely, and they're able to keep the quality pretty high at the same time.

Edited by ManeMan

18 hours ago, ManeMan said:

I had a HT from Hasson two weeks ago and in my consult I asked him about the waitlist out of curiosity. He said that part of the reason that theirs seems short is that each doctor is doing 2 a day with the help of all the great technicians they have doing most of the extractions and implanting. He mentioned they average 20 a week at the clinic so they are doing a higher volume than others most likely, and they're able to keep the quality pretty high at the same time.

I'm probably going to do hw next November