which package to choose at Eugenix

Hi , 

I'm leaning to choose Eugenix  for my HT , was wondering which is best package to choose 

in all packages below leading surgeon will do planning & design , 100% slits , crucial hairline implantation 

Premium package cost 210 Rs/graft , Dr Arika will do crucial extraction 

Super Premium "Dr. Arika"  cost 350 rs/graft  Dr Arika will do All extraction .

Super Premium "Dr sethi" cost 350 rs/graft , dr sethi is Not involved in the extraction phase .

Thanks, 

• Like 1

I went for the standard premium as I have complete faith in the clinic as a whole, and I wanted Dr. Arika's involvement in the extractions as they are the more critical part of the surgery. To be honest though I'd probably even be comfortable going with the lowest package because I trust that Dr. Sethi and Dr. Arika wouldn't compromise on quality in their other surgeons. Bear in mind that the assistants and surgeons that work at Eugenix are doing this quite literally day in and day out - the results that we see on this forum make up a fraction of what they are actually processing every day.

I suppose if you had the money you could go for the super premium options, but I'm genuinely not sure it's that much of a difference based on the collection of results I've seen. I guess if you had a special case (repair, or some other tricky transplant situation) it may be worth inquiring into the higher packages.

• Like 3

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• Administrators

Dr. Sethi is involved in the extractions with the highest package, but he doesn’t do all of it, I believe Dr. Arika assists. He’s said his specialty is creating the incisions and Dr. Arikas is extracting. I chose the highest package because I think both of them is the best of both worlds.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@H.K do you know how many grafts they are estimating? I'm only asking because if it's minimal, then I'd say it's a no brainer to go for the higher packages. Otherwise, based on my recent experience with Eugenix, I felt very comfortable with all the techs. They are extremely seasoned, and I'd make the argument that a handful of them could probably run there own sessions if they needed to. Even with their 120 package, Dr Arika is performing the crucial extractions, so in that process, she is assessing the correct punch size based on your hair caliber and reducing the risk for the techs to get it wrong when they take over. Beyond that, Dr Arika is performing all the slits which is another very risky part of the procedure and the biggest part of the artistry as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MazAB said:

@H.K do you know how many grafts they are estimating? I'm only asking because if it's minimal, then I'd say it's a no brainer to go for the higher packages. Otherwise, based on my recent experience with Eugenix, I felt very comfortable with all the techs. They are extremely seasoned, and I'd make the argument that a handful of them could probably run there own sessions if they needed to. Even with their 120 package, Dr Arika is performing the crucial extractions, so in that process, she is assessing the correct punch size based on your hair caliber and reducing the risk for the techs to get it wrong when they take over. Beyond that, Dr Arika is performing all the slits which is another very risky part of the procedure and the biggest part of the artistry as far as I'm concerned. 

Well , they estimated much less than other clinic , around 1500 than can go up to 1800 for more density , or 2000 if hair line to be lowered .

only keser gave suggested low graft no. other clinics are varying from  2000-2500 grafts up to 2800-3000 

from what i hear , I agree that  even technician there seem to have good hand-work and lot of practice .. Critical extraction as you mentioned is very important so  that technicians can proceed and do their work perfectly .

what package did you choose if i may ask , how was each party involvement ? 

@H.K I went with the Premium Package. I wanted more of Dr Arika's involvement in the whole procedure, but was less interested in highest package to have her do 100% of the implantation. The techs there are highly skilled in implanting as well and I felt very comfortable with them during the procedure. Dr Arika performed the first few hundred extractions, and also implanted the first rows in the hair line.

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After my surgery at Eugenix, I can tell you that slits creation and extraction are the most important steps. Implantation is not important even though it sounds like the most important step because the implantation angle of the graft is determined by the existing slits and you are merely inserting the extracted graft. Extraction is also important since the surgeon determines which portion of the donor area is safe to extract and more importantly, what kind of grafts to use where, namely singles, doubles and triples.

If you find Super Premium a bit expensive, I would recommend you to go for exclusive instead of premium since they are pretty much the same and the difference in money is worth it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mggm said:

After my surgery at Eugenix, I can tell you that slits creation and extraction are the most important steps. Implantation is not important even though it sounds like the most important step because the implantation angle of the graft is determined by the existing slits and you are merely inserting the extracted graft. Extraction is also important since the surgeon determines which portion of the donor area is safe to extract and more importantly, what kind of grafts to use where, namely singles, doubles and triples.

If you find Super Premium a bit expensive, I would recommend you to go for exclusive instead of premium since they are pretty much the same and the difference in money is worth it.

but Premium package will add crucial extraction which is pretty important and hairline implantation so it's an added value i guess 

which package did you have what was your experience and what was each party involvement ? 

FB571A6E-35D3-47C4-94F6-7EBF06DC4FD5.png.742c63767dc50af81d6fe909fe982a0a.png

• Thanks 1

For me, this crucial extraction was just the front hairline which might be around 200-300 grafts. I am not sure if that's worth the extra money though since the bump is pretty significant. 

25 minutes ago, H.K said:

but Premium package will add crucial extraction which is pretty important and hairline implantation so it's an added value i guess 

which package did you have what was your experience and what was each party involvement ? 

FB571A6E-35D3-47C4-94F6-7EBF06DC4FD5.png.742c63767dc50af81d6fe909fe982a0a.png

For me, this crucial extraction was just the front hairline which might be around 200-300 grafts. I am not sure if that's worth the extra money though since the bump is pretty significant.

If you are worried about surgeon involvement and least technician involvement, I recommend Super Premium since in this case Dr Arika and Dr Sethi will be present for the extraction phase which is the biggest time consuming phase of them all and would have direct involvement in the other phases as well. 

IMHO, extraction is an important step since this process determines what type of grafts to use like singles, doubles and triples. 

6 hours ago, Mggm said:

After my surgery at Eugenix, I can tell you that slit creation and extraction are the most important steps. Implantation is not important even though it sounds like the most important step because the implantation angle of the graft is determined by the existing slits and you are merely inserting the extracted graft. Extraction is also important since the surgeon determines which portion of the donor area is safe to extract and more importantly, what kind of grafts to use where, namely singles, doubles and triples.

@Mggm You are 100% correct. Implantation, although a very important part of the process, it's not as demanding of a sure hand that a highly skilled surgeon brings to the table. Their techs and Jr Doctors are highly skilled and highly seasoned. Most are closer to a decade of experience, and the least experienced is 5 years. From my experience in August, some of the Jr Doctors could legitimately run their own sessions.

• Like 2

well my concern when i first posted this question was crucial extraction and planning of extraction phase , like choosing punch size ,which regions to use , strategy of using singles/doubles/triples  , doing few extracts and  .. that was my concern .. 

afterwards , Jr DR and  technicians are more than capable of completing the long extraction phase  perfectly because of their continuous practice 

in my opinion that's the value of the premium package 

• 6 months later...

Okay, some things have changed in 2022 apparently. For the Exclusive Package (the 2nd level up), Dr. Bansal is no longer involved at all. All planning, design, and incisions are done by Sr. doctors, and excision and implantation is done by Sr. technicians. 120 INR/graft ($1.55/graft).

I'm going to need 6500 grafts for my procedure, so this is my max budget for me personally. It seems that Dr. Bansal was involved in this package in the past but not anymore. Do we still think it's a good value, being that most of the oversight is still done by Sr. doctors?

On 5/15/2022 at 11:49 PM, general-etwan said:

Okay, some things have changed in 2022 apparently. For the Exclusive Package (the 2nd level up), Dr. Bansal is no longer involved at all. All planning, design, and incisions are done by Sr. doctors, and excision and implantation is done by Sr. technicians. 120 INR/graft ($1.55/graft).

I'm going to need 6500 grafts for my procedure, so this is my max budget for me personally. It seems that Dr. Bansal was involved in this package in the past but not anymore. Do we still think it's a good value, being that most of the oversight is still done by Sr. doctors?

I am curious on this as well. Everyone says you can't put a price on HT, but when you have a mortgage and other financial commitments..... You have too unless you want to wait a long time and save for the higher one. It is a very hard decision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, irontriangle said:

I am curious on this as well. Everyone says you can't put a price on HT, but when you have a mortgage and other financial commitments..... You have too unless you want to wait a long time and save for the higher one. It is a very hard decision.

I'm planning to go ahead with the Exclusive Package personally because that is my max budget and it would be at least a few years until I would potentially be able to justify the next level up in price. 

I'm confident that the fundamentals of the transplant (proper hairline design approved by me, proper incision making for hair density and direction, proper graft extraction and utilization of donor area, and proper implantation) can be done correctly by the senior doctors and senior techs. That should be every expectation. 

Did you already receive your consult? What did they say you required for grafts? I kinda did some rough math at $2 CAD per graft for 8000 grafts over a period of time. I have lots of thick beard hair and chest hair if they require it. Looking at about 20G with that package including tax. Next step up will be about $34G.

12 minutes ago, irontriangle said:

Did you already receive your consult? What did they say you required for grafts? I kinda did some rough math at $2 CAD per graft for 8000 grafts over a period of time. I have lots of thick beard hair and chest hair if they require it. Looking at about 20G with that package including tax. Next step up will be about $34G.

I did, the full photos consult through WhatsApp, as well as an in-depth phone call about it, yes. Originally they said 5500 grafts for me, but after taking more photos I asked for more aggressiveness because I don't want to become an every-2-years-hair-transplant-recipient; I believe I can have one procedure and be happy enough to live my life without doing anything ever again, unless hair cloning becomes available and affordable someday. 

With more aggression, they want to do 6500 total grafts (4500 from scalp donor + ~2000 from beard). The entire procedure for the Exclusive Package will be $12K + around $2500 for an ideal roundtrip flight, so I'm looking at almost $15K.

I am envisioning 6500 grafts (over 2 days) getting me to a Norwood 3-2.5 and I can envision that being sufficient for me. 

I am also going very well on finasteride and minoxidil and I started this whole thing as NW6, but I have been successful in regrowing good looking hair around the edges of the diffuse area, so hopefully that regrowth will lead to a needing of fewer grafts for those regions.

Edited by general-etwan

Nice. Have you done much research on beard harvesting? I have been doing quite a bit but it is hard to find photos. I found one from David Anderson where he showed his face shaved. It looks like you can get a bit of scarring from it. I am awaiting my consult on Whatsapp too they haven't contacted me yet it has been about 2 days.

I have a really big beard and I love it. I guess you gotta choose though. Shame to lose beard density but hey I got no choice. 

Do you have any photos up on the site General?

9 minutes ago, irontriangle said:

Nice. Have you done much research on beard harvesting? I have been doing quite a bit but it is hard to find photos. I found one from David Anderson where he showed his face shaved. It looks like you can get a bit of scarring from it. I am awaiting my consult on Whatsapp too they haven't contacted me yet it has been about 2 days.

I have a really big beard and I love it. I guess you gotta choose though. Shame to lose beard density but hey I got no choice. 

Do you have any photos up on the site General?

I've tried but am having a hard time finding much info about it. I too want to ensure that my neck area won't be wrecked if they take 2000 grafts. That sounds like a lot. I have a healthy and thick beard as well, but I don't really grow it out much...so the concern for me is making sure that when shaved, there won't be unacceptable scarring. In fact, I may be required to shave for a future industry of work, so this is a big importance for me.

Also this is regrown hair on finasteride + minoxidil in just 4.5 months.

IMG-32062.thumb.JPG.13abc7cd9eee51ebcacdf8de762761d5.JPG

Edited by general-etwan

16 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

I did, the full photos consult through WhatsApp, as well as an in-depth phone call about it, yes. Originally they said 5500 grafts for me, but after taking more photos I asked for more aggressiveness because I don't want to become an every-2-years-hair-transplant-recipient; I believe I can have one procedure and be happy enough to live my life without doing anything ever again, unless hair cloning becomes available and affordable someday. 

With more aggression, they want to do 6500 total grafts (4500 from scalp donor + ~2000 from beard). The entire procedure for the Exclusive Package will be $12K + around $2500 for an ideal roundtrip flight, so I'm looking at almost $15K.

I am envisioning 6500 grafts (over 2 days) getting me to a Norwood 3-2.5 and I can envision that being sufficient for me. 

I am also going very well on finasteride and minoxidil and I started this whole thing as NW6, but I have been successful in regrowing good looking hair around the edges of the diffuse area, so hopefully that regrowth will lead to a needing of fewer grafts for those regions.

I hope you achieve that with one HT...unfortunately hair loss is age progressive, but meds can slow it down if you can handle the side effects.

Just now, BaldBobby said:

I hope you achieve that with one HT...unfortunately hair loss is age progressive, but meds can slow it down if you can handle the side effects.

The upside for me is I already lost everything by age 25. Pretty much everything. Finasteride has been great for me and I've been lucky to get actual regrowth...so it's logical that I'll never be as bald as I was last year again. The transplanted hair won't suffer from the progressive loss. It's all in the recovery direction from here.

• Like 1

I found a set of photos for beard harvesting. I really wish I didn’t take finasteride but at the time it seemed like a good option. I never wanted to take it but doctors and consultants convinced me to try it…

I don’t want scars on the face either. I’m content with a slightly thinning look. I have had a high receding hairline and I honestly think it looks decent with my face. I’ve always kept my hair shorter on the sides with a messy crop on top and I used fibers to add density. Minoxidil also works well for me. I quit it when I had problems with fin in an attempt to figure out what was causing problems for me. Lost a lot of hair when I quit it plus I was taking testosterone. I would have progressed slowly like my father but managed to lose it all in a couple of years. At least now I only have one direction to go.

Yikes. 274 beard grafts left that look? That's why I'm very concerned. I have a very smooth and youthful looking jaw area...can't wreck it like that, especially if I'm required to shave for work in the future...