Virgin head

Hi guys, i've been back and forth thinking about a HT for a couple of years, almost 40, but its not a mid-life crisis, petty much been a NW 7 since 20. 

So now im at the point of basically being bald more years than I've had hair.  I know a few guys that have went to various places in Turkey, that would have had a lot more hair than me, and tbh they got botch jobs, but they didnt go to the top 2/3 clinics and not sure if they followed up with meds etc. 

In ireland at least, Dr Cinik in Turkey seems to be the most reputable, I've also read some good things about Eugenix  and I've read @juanjs84 incredible thread & @Zoomster and his video have done the rounds with a couple of friends, hes had an amazing result aswell. I think im very much in the same camp as the 2 guys in terms of volume of grafts.  

I have a few questions- 

5-7K Grafts just seems like a mad amount, how "thin" does the donor area get? 

In terms of beard and chest hair, I'm pretty much a yeti, I see BT is done, what about chest hair (or back hair!) 

At my stage, do/should i do fin? 

Thanks guys 

IMG_20210925_185803.jpg

IMG_20210925_185756 (1).jpg

Edited by helimachoptor

Got pics?  For most NW7's hair transplants aren't worth the trouble. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Dr Cinik isn’t reputable at all. A hair mill with wildly varying results. The sheer amount they do means occasionally they are ok. But it’s a tech based procedure and typically a massive risk. 
It would appear that your Norwood 7 but we can’t tell with your head shaved I’m terms of grafts. It would be someone like Eugenix that would give you even a possibility of some coverage. However looking at the pics I just think you would have a struggle to get even a decent amount of coverage/density. 

Edited by JohnAC71

Ok, I see them now.  I would personally not consider HT's if I were you.  The area needing coverage far exceeds the donor supply you have.  Body hair is not a good resource, but beard hair can be if you have good characteristics and if it matches the scalp hair.  Be content with your virgin scalp.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thank you guys, in general I've always considered myself a lost cause, but the threads from the two guys gave me a viable dream until you crushed it 🤣

I've been to india a couple of times (my company has an office there), so its not a major issue to go and have an in person consultation. 

will let the hair grow out til Saturday morning and stick up a couple of better pics and see what your view is.

• Like 1

Consult with Eugenix in person for sure. They will give you a very realistic idea of what would be possible. Unless you have a awesome thick beard (Like the Zoomster) it’s going to be a difficult journey.. It’s a vast area to cover with a limited donor even with beard grafts to supplement it. 

We need to see your donor grown out at least another 2 weeks from these pics , preferably a month to have an idea of what sort of density it may or may not provide (I know a months worth of growth in the NW7 pattern isn’t the most aesthetic of looks to pull off, so apologies for that request). 

You do have a lot of ground to cover , so you’re looking at a heavy reliance on beard grafts and body hair - chest and back have been used more successfully from certain docs in recent years. 

Anyway - forget Cinik, and focus on clinics such as Eugenix, or Dr Mwamba at FUE clinic, and Dr Umar in the US. If you are able to get to India with work, then popping into Eugenix would be well worth the consult - I believe Dr Sethi is partial to a challenging case! 

Wish you the best!

PS. have you considered the SMP shaved look or wearing a hair system? Both potentially more suitable options for you! 

41 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Consult with Eugenix in person for sure. They will give you a very realistic idea of what would be possible. Unless you have a awesome thick beard (Like the Zoomster) it’s going to be a difficult journey.. It’s a vast area to cover with a limited donor even with beard grafts to supplement it. 

Beard quantity/thickness isnt an issue, I'm a shave in the morning, shave 12 hours later to get rid of a lot of stubble guy, and if i leave it long it enough, the beard hair joins the upper chest hair. 

21 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

We need to see your donor grown out at least another 2 weeks from these pics , preferably a month to have an idea of what sort of density it may or may not provide (I know a months worth of growth in the NW7 pattern isn’t the most aesthetic of looks to pull off, so apologies for that request). 

You do have a lot of ground to cover , so you’re looking at a heavy reliance on beard grafts and body hair - chest and back have been used more successfully from certain docs in recent years. 

Anyway - forget Cinik, and focus on clinics such as Eugenix, or Dr Mwamba at FUE clinic, and Dr Umar in the US. If you are able to get to India with work, then popping into Eugenix would be well worth the consult - I believe Dr Sethi is partial to a challenging case! 

Wish you the best!

PS. have you considered the SMP shaved look or wearing a hair system? Both potentially more suitable options for you! 

In general i would leave it a week max, i'll do that this week and post. But have a party next Saturday so will shave for that, then i can leave it two weeks. 

No interest in SMP to be honest. If covid hadnt happened, I would have got a hair system in the US - my company has an office near  "phildoeshair"  but really the hair system is the decision point on whether id go down the hair transplant route.

10 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

@helimachoptorHave you got any pics that show your hair grown out a bit ? 

Nothing in anyway recent, these pics are 12/13+ years old (bar the robe pic, thats 7) 

1.PNG

2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by helimachoptor

If you have lots of beard and body hair you can try using just them and not touch much of your head hair.

The advantage of trying body and beard hair is that you don't have to deal with scarring on the back of your head. So I think even if it fails you can still shave it off like you do now.

Dr Umar Sanusi doesn't get mentioned here much, but he has some impressive Youtube videos of using body hair. I don't know if he is just showcasing his "best" cases though. Worth checking him out.

As for fin, if you use body or beard hair I have heard that it's not recommended to use it.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Curious25 said:

If you are open to a hair system, I would hedge a bet that this will most likely be your best option. 

Yep, have no issue with it, and will likely be in the US soon enough so can try one there. OR if anyone has any UK recommendations that will be pretty good too. 

@helimachoptorI don`t think you have enough donor area to get a decent density in the front, midscalp and crown because you will need over 9.000 grafts.

For a NW7 usually FUE is not the best option and you should consider doing FUT first using up all your FUT strip donor area and only after doing FUE as to maximize your scalp donor area. 

There`s only 1 clinic doing mega sessions with combined FUT and FUE showing good results and that`s Dr. Muresanu in Switzerland. So that`s what I would advise you if you truly want the best possible outcome.

Check HRN mega sessions at Hattingen:

I had 1888 beard grafts implanted into my crown and I can tell you BHT is not a solution jas it just adds a little extra density to transplanted scalp grafts in the crown area.

Check out my table below with the prices, technique and Doctor involvement.

Wish you all the best with your HT.

P.S: Cinik is the most famous hairmill in Turkey with underpaid techs doing dozens of HT per day so it´s problably one of the worst choices you can make considering your situation. Cinik is famous because they sponsor the British premier league. 

Hair Docs.jpg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Haha are you serious ? Wonder how the hell they afford that 

@Curious25they now even sponsor the NBA:

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FCinikEmrah%2Fstatus%2F1232571824829059078&widget=Tweet

Wonder how many thousands of tech run surgeries they need per year to pay for this Marketing investment...

Edited by Portugal25

• Administrators

It’s hard to say, grow your donor out for a month. Then we’ll know if it’s worth it. If its sparse forget it. @Zoomsterhad high sides, which made it better, and @juanjs84 had incredibly thick Spanish hair. Not trying to dissuade you, but want to be honest.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hello my fellow Irishman ..

to be honest I feel I was at the very outer limits of it making sense to go down the road of at least 2 procedures and considerable cost to give what all of us are ultimately looking for from hair restoration..the proper full head illusion of hair ...

It pinched when Dr Sethi examined my scalp pre 2nd HT and advised me that my crown had expanded even though I’ve been on finasteride 3 times a week @ 1.25 mg on commencement of my first HT December 2019..I’ve since upped the dosage to 1 mg daily ...I was headed straight to NW7 without intervention..

I’d say the best you can hope for is a bald to balding look if I’m honest ...

id also say when all is said and done you’ll decide to stay put and get on with your life and take no action ..

Good luck with whatever decision you make 

Z

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Go for a consultation with a good doctor, be it Eugenix or any other and let them judge. Beard can be used, but I think you’d need 3000 to 4000 from your head so I’d seek for a professional diagnosis. Let your grow a month before so they can see it properly.