Clinica O’porto

FUEmonger

There are very few, if any reviews about this clinic located in portugal. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this clinic?

From what I have gathered, it is not a hairmill. the doctor does extraction and implanting as the techs assist him. i have seen a youtube video of him operating on the head, and the technicians separate the hairs and ‘load the needle’ with the hair.

he does a manual extraction 

He has instagram and youtube under the name clinica oporto. there are a decent amount of photos/ videos on there. 

It’s very difficult to find any reviews about him on the forums. i did see a few in the ‘spanish forums’. from patients that went to him. the results all turned out great. 

does anyone here recommend him?

Edited by FUEmonger
typo

8 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

With the 2 excellent options in Portugal of either Dr Pinto and Dr Ferreira I don’t see a need to consider a lesser known Dr. 

That clinic IS Dr. Pinto.

• Haha 2

@FUEmonger this clinic belongs to Dr. Bruno Pinto who does just 1 patient per day with the most recent technique called DHI. He does the whole surgery with techs for assistance. 
He’s very strong in the Spanish forum were you can see dozens of patients posting their results. The reason for this is because he started working in Spain before returning to his hometown in Portugal so he built quite a reputation in Spain and is booked solid for months just with the Spanish clientele. 
He along with Dr. Bruno Ferreira also in Porto will be my options for my next HT

Asking if Dr. Bruno Pinto is a hairmill is like asking if a Ferrari drives like a Fiat.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for all the quick replies! I should have mentioned his name was Dr Pinto in my original post. I’m glad many of you recommend him and know of him. 

I did reach out to Dr Ferriera as well, and apart from the general first reply, i haven’t heard back yet. but that’s okay because now i’m feeling more confident with Dr Pinto. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Check out Dr. De Frietas in Spain he’s incredible 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I saw a Matt dominance video recently reviewing a very interesting NW6 SMP case who had surgery here, and the results were amazing. Donor and hair characteristics were very favourable, but even still . . The results were very good, and the clinic had advised the patient strategically very well (eg. Laser the SMP hairline before commencing surgery). 

Either way, to make you more confident and comfortable with your decision - look for multiple patient reviews. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, FUEmonger said:

There are very few, if any reviews about this clinic located in portugal. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this clinic?

From what I have gathered, it is not a hairmill. the doctor does extraction and implanting as the techs assist him. i have seen a youtube video of him operating on the head, and the technicians separate the hairs and ‘load the needle’ with the hair.

he does a manual extraction 

He has instagram and youtube under the name clinica oporto. there are a decent amount of photos/ videos on there. 

It’s very difficult to find any reviews about him on the forums. i did see a few in the ‘spanish forums’. from patients that went to him. the results all turned out great. 

does anyone here recommend him?

Hi, I'm booked in with him, maybe I can help. Obviously, I can't recommend him yet as I've not had my surgery at this point, yet alone seen the results - just wanted to address your points.

No, certainly isn't a hair mill, not sure where this question comes from, but either way, his clinic is about as far away from the hair mill model as you can get as he is involved in all stages (extractions and implantation) with only 1 patient per day. Most clinics (including the very best of the best) don't offer this level of Dr led involvement. Don't get me wrong, not saying it makes them/their results worse or anything, just saying it's a nice touch to have this. 

Mainly though, I wanted to point out that it's incorrect to say that there are very few if any reviews of the clinic, there are actually a lot of patient reviews from beginning to end - more than most Dr's I have seen actually - which was a big factor in my choosing of him for my HT personally (perhaps the biggest, in combination with the quality of the results). In fact, there are around 40 patient journeys recuperarelpelo.

Lot's of them are long reviews with lots of updates, some are an initial post with only a few subsequent updates at say 4, 8 and 12 months, and some the clinic posts the updates on behalf of the patient, but regardless, they're all results posted in real time from beginning to end without anyone knowing how things would turn out, and 40 is a very good number of these types of reviews to have on display. It's hard to find this many reviews of this type (patient posted, beginning to end) from some Dr's who are widely regarded by us to be the absolute best of the best!

There are also more results that aren't on the site I linked above, but are on the other Spanish forum (el pelo) floating about that you can find if you search for them, and there are also a few threads in progress at the moment with people who have recently had surgery. 

Hope that helps you a bit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 7:56 AM, JDEE0 said:

Hi, I'm booked in with him, maybe I can help. Obviously, I can't recommend him yet as I've not had my surgery at this point, yet alone seen the results - just wanted to address your points.

No, certainly isn't a hair mill, not sure where this question comes from, but either way, his clinic is about as far away from the hair mill model as you can get as he is involved in all stages (extractions and implantation) with only 1 patient per day. Most clinics (including the very best of the best) don't offer this level of Dr led involvement. Don't get me wrong, not saying it makes them/their results worse or anything, just saying it's a nice touch to have this. 

Mainly though, I wanted to point out that it's incorrect to say that there are very few if any reviews of the clinic, there are actually a lot of patient reviews from beginning to end - more than most Dr's I have seen actually - which was a big factor in my choosing of him for my HT personally (perhaps the biggest, in combination with the quality of the results). In fact, there are around 40 patient journeys recuperarelpelo.

Lot's of them are long reviews with lots of updates, some are an initial post with only a few subsequent updates at say 4, 8 and 12 months, and some the clinic posts the updates on behalf of the patient, but regardless, they're all results posted in real time from beginning to end without anyone knowing how things would turn out, and 40 is a very good number of these types of reviews to have on display. It's hard to find this many reviews of this type (patient posted, beginning to end) from some Dr's who are widely regarded by us to be the absolute best of the best!

There are also more results that aren't on the site I linked above, but are on the other Spanish forum (el pelo) floating about that you can find if you search for them, and there are also a few threads in progress at the moment with people who have recently had surgery. 

Hope that helps you a bit!

this very helpful! thank you! after posting this thread, someone did direct message me the link for the spanish forums. lots of great reviews, and feeling confident with dr pinto now. i have my appointment scheduled for next month and will post my results in this thread. 

Edited by FUEmonger
typo

@FUEmonger yes please post Dr. Bruno’s results here at HRN instead of the Spanish forum because they already have more than 40 patients posting about Dr. Bruno Pinto.

Edited by Portugal25

• 2 months later...