[29M] Going for 1500-2000 grafts in 5 days. Thoughs?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to have an HT in 5 days in Portugal done by Insparya (by Cristiano Ronaldo) and I was quoted with 1500-2000 grafts.

I wanted to ask you what are you opinions on the hair line I should ask for. The clinic will decide this on the day of cirucy as I had all consults online.

I like the yellow line but I'm afraid that it won't look good when I'm like 50. 

The red line is a more conservative approach to just improve by a little my hairline.

PS: I didn't take any meds before. My hairline has looked like this for the past 8 years at least and I think meds wont make the hair grow in that areas. What do you think?

Best,

Luis

3b071d6f-5dbd-4fc6-8763-e23367834069.jpeg

35ae06b6-dbee-47c9-8c37-88e181fb406e.jpeg

a3459ca1-1359-465a-a606-699f79dc88b3.jpeg

c3f53ad6-61bc-434e-99eb-96a424d5621c.jpeg

• Confused 2

I know the community didn’t think you needed a transplant, but if you have decided your going for it then please consider a better option. 
With so many better options available as @JDEE0has mentioned you would be mad to risk a unknown clinic. And by unknown i mean we don’t know what results are going to be like. We don’t yet know anything more than a celebrity endorsement.. Why are you putting yourself in this position? If it turns out a poor procedure or you face some permanent shock loss it’s going to be a decision you will regret. 
The other Drs at your disposal are going to give you a much better chance of a good result. Think about this some more. I know we also mentioned You could consider Fin/Minox and review again in a years time. 

Edited by JohnAC71

Some better European options are Dr Pinto, Dr Ferreira, Dr Feriduni, Dr Lorenzo, Dr Freitas, Dr Couto, Dr Lapunzula, Dr Bisanga and Dr Mwamba.. In no particular order. All much, much better options than a clinic who are trying to push you to have a procedure (read your other thread) 

It's definitily hair mill territory @JDEE0. But they are showing good resutls. I know at least 3 guys that are quite happy with the results. And my case seems to be an easy fix, right?

They are the old Saúde Viável which has been here for a long time now...

Tbh that wasn't a concern for me. Should I be more concerned about it? 

Edited by Luismendes535
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Luismendes535 said:

It's definitily hair mill territory @JDEE0. But they are showing good resutls. I know at least 3 guys that are quite happy with the results. And my case seems to be an easy fix, right?

Be very concerned ! Your case is also easy to make much worse. Your going to regret this if you go through with it. Hair mill territory is dangerous for many reasons. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Luismendes535 said:

So what if they're having good results - no one says that every result from a clinic such as this is bad or terrible - most are probably just meh, ok with some very bad results thrown in amongst some decent ones too. But, knowing this, why would you even risk it? You clearly know the possibilities of what can happen - I can't understand why you'd potentially create years or even a life time of distress for yourself and place yourself in position where you could, with reasonable likelihood, effectively ruin your life. You just admitted all of this could happen by admitting its a hair mill!

You're going for a HT because this bothers you - think about how many people lose their hair and how many people actually do something about it - 99% of people just let it happen whether they like it or not. Considering you're here in this position, about to get a HT, you clearly care and are insecure about things as we all are here, and you would clearly care even more if you were still receding but now had scars all over your head and funny looking har on display whenever someone looked at you.... not to mention the regret you'd have considering your starting point if this did happen. You can easily have a 'perfect' head of hair just by going to a good dr.

Please, just get in touch with Emilio at Clinica O Porto - Ferreira takes ages (months and months) to answer, by which time it will be far too late for you if your surgery is in days obviously, but Pinto (Emilio is his patient advisor) will probably get back to you in a day or so. Speak to him and explain your situation, he's a good guy and he'll do what he can to help you out and steer you down the right path. Ultimately it's your choice, but doing as I say might just save you a life time of regret... I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post contact details so I'll message you his WhatsApp number.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 4

It's funny how Ronaldo advertises that his clinic has "18 premium hair transplant rooms!!!" As if that's a good thing 😂

Screenshot_20210919-151700.png

• Sad 1

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

1 minute ago, shami26 said:

It's funny how Ronaldo advertises that his clinic has "18 premium hair transplant rooms!!!" As if that's a good thing 😂

Screenshot_20210919-151700.png

That’s probably what was the biggest alarm 🚨 bell to me ! Seriously how many tech teams ? 😞

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Luismendes535 said:

I'm delighted to read that you've cancelled - the absolute correct decision. But I wanted to respond directly to what you've said here:

"I know at least 3 guys that are quite happy with their results".

Honestly, I've watched so many videos on YouTube where some guy is showing off his results, and his HT looks terrible. But guess what? He's DELIGHTED! Absolutely delighted. Why? Because he simply doesn't know any better. All he sees is hair where there wasn't hair before, but with absolutely no knowledge of the nuances of hairline restoration. So there's blokes walking around with a linear band of multigraft hairs in their hairline, looking like a weird Ken doll, completely oblivious (but over the moon nevertheless). It's because they've done no real research or diligence on what a natural hairline looks like. Don't risk being that guy.

I know nothing about Ronaldo's clinic. It could be awesome, but it very probably isn't. Why Ronaldo would get involved in such a gig I'll never know. He can't be short of cash.

If you're in Portugal, you have excellent options such as Dr Bruno.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, I've been talking with my friend that is a nurse there and she is being telling me the doctors give the anhestesia and monitors the patients, health checks, etc. The extraction and insertion is done by nurses. 

I have found this video on youtube and the results seems acceptable to me

I've to confesss, after talk with my friend that is a nurse there I'm 50/50. She told me that Insparya team has a lot of experience in the field and when it comes to hair transplants, having experience is key rather than either being a doctor or a nurse doing the grafts insertions.

Also, can I see results from the portuguese doctors that you guys recommended me? Bruno Ferreira and Bruno Pinto please.

Thank you for your time again

You need to listen to the community here, so much collective wisdom. This is a hair mill pure and simple. Their is a massive risk of a poor procedure. The sheer amount of 18 clinic rooms alone is enough to put anybody off. Your being told a lot of misinformation. We guide and help people to choose a Dr who is going to be involved in the most important step at least (the channel opening/incisions) and only doing a couple of patients per day max. I’m sure your friend is a fine nurse, but nothing will take away from the fact this is a huge hair mil. You could find a couple of half decent results out of the masses they are doing ? Proves nothing, you wont even know which techs are doing the work. With 18 rooms and masses of techs who knows which are doing ok work ? 
You want to look through the forum using the search function for Pinto and Ferreira and compare both to what you have just posted, worlds apart. 
I honestly can’t warn you anymore than I have done, not a single person here is going to tell you this is a option to even consider. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luismendes535 said:

So, I've been talking with my friend that is a nurse there and she is being telling me the doctors give the anhestesia and monitors the patients, health checks, etc. The extraction and insertion is done by nurses. 

I have found this video on youtube and the results seems acceptable to me: 

I've to confesss, after talk with my friend that is a nurse there I'm 50/50. She told me that Insparya team has a lot of experience in the field and when it comes to hair transplants, having experience is key rather than either being a doctor or a nurse doing the grafts insertions.

Also, can I see results from the portuguese doctors that you guys recommended me? Bruno Ferreira and Bruno Pinto please.

So is the price really attractive or what is it that makes it an attractive choice?

"Insparya team has alot of experience in the field, having experience is more important than the doctor creating incisions and doing the operation"

Not really, a Dr which is full involved in everything and have been working for 20+ years building his name in the field with a handful bad reviews of 3000+ transplants is abit more legitimate than 18 different tech teams which half of them potentially was working as a nurse taking blood samples 6 months ago in a local hospital and now got this new job, I would be a little more worried. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
20 minutes ago, Luismendes535 said:

I have found this video on youtube and the results seems acceptable to me: 

How do you know which technicians will be performing on you? And can you name any other surgeries in which you'd be happy for the lead surgeon to NOT do any of the actual surgery on you? And shouldn't the very best & most experienced person be that surgeon themselves? You're right that experience trumps titles, but Dr's are the more experienced members of the HT team.

And what do you know about this clinic? For example, what happens if they are only able to extract a couple hundred single graft hairs when in reality they need three or fours times that amount to create a soft hairline? Do they have the skill & expertise to cut multigraft hairs into single hairs? Do they use microscopes? Do you even know that these are questions that need to be understood in advance of choosing a clinic?

I suppose what I'm really getting at here is... Have you really (and I mean really) done your research & taken the time to fully understand what a good HT requires? Because if you haven't, how are you going to know what to look for and what questions to ask of a prospective clinic that is going to perform surgery on your head? You shouldn't be thinking about clinics yet - never mind booking in for surgery - unless you've done the essential research first.

• Like 1

So much to learn before you even consider a hair transplant. It’s a minefield to negotiate. Hair mills are the worst ! You do need to think and research so much more before making any choices that’s going to effect you for life. You will then appreciate all we are trying to tell you here. Otherwise you will be back having experienced some or all of issues we have warned you about. So many times people arrive here too late and the procedure is done and they are seeking repair. In your case you have 2 world class Drs within reach, yet your considering a random tech team ? Madness to us that are well informed. 

I'll ask for more time to think about the hair transplant, that's the least I can do.

I definitely need to do more research on this topic and not blindly trust my friend. 

What kind of questions I can ask tomorrow to guarantue they are good for a transplant? Regarding technologies, tools, etc.

Btw, they are asking for 3000€ for 1500-2000 grafts.

5 minutes ago, Luismendes535 said:

I'll ask for more time to think about the hair transplant, that's the least I can do.

I definitely need to do more research on this topic and not blindly trust my friend. 

What kind of questions I can ask tomorrow to guarantue they are good for a transplant? Regarding technologies, tools, etc.

It wont matter what they say though that’s what we are trying to tell you.  Hair mills will wow you by saying all the right things, and using terms such as DHI and Scarless FUE. You need a proven and Experienced Dr who has been putting out consistent results for years. Not a random/unknown tech. Give me a paintbrush and I’m not going to create a masterpiece or even come close. 

Edited by JohnAC71

52 minutes ago, Luismendes535 said:

I have found this video on youtube and the results seems acceptable to me

Patient reviews for Ferreira are few and far between at this stage unfortunately, but he has long been working along side one of the most respected FUE surgeons not just in Spain, but the world over (Dr. Lorenzo) at his clinic as his protege so to speak for many years. Now he's opened his own clinic, he's starting to be able to publish results under his name whereas before they would all just generally fall under Lorenzo's clinic it seems. He is a very good, meticulous doctor. 

As for Pinto, here's around 40+ patient posted reviews from beginning to end: https://www.recuperartupelo.com/viewforum.php?f=8 - also a very good, meticulous dr who has complete involvement from beginning to end and will ensure everything is planned properly for now and the future (and has very impressive, natural results).

Your friend might be a nurse there, she's not going to turn around and say that they're sh*te is she! And she might actually think that they do decent work, not suggesting she is deceiving you purposely, but it's a hair mill at the end of the day, they've got 17 operating rooms! You're going to be operated on by a bunch of random people quite clearly, you're just rolling the dice for no reason as you have really good options on your doorstep (I'm actually going out of my way to fly to from the UK to Porto for these options after years of research myself). 

Your choice at the end of the day, it might work out decently and be a nice result, it might be mediocre and you just need a touch up (from somewhere else unless you were crazy), it might just not grow very well but not look awful and essentially just be a complete waste of grafts and money, or it might disfigure your head and leave you a recluse who doesn't want to leave the house or go to work, see friends, meet girls, and so on. Who knows. But why risk those things? For what? You have options right in the vicinity of your home that you know are respectable doctors who do very good work. Nothing is promised with a HT, but you can at least be 99.9% sure that the worst thing will happen with a good dr. if things go wrong is poor growth and not a completely messed up looking head with no recourse to fix it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

How do you know which technicians will be performing on you? And can you name any other surgeries in which you'd be happy for the lead surgeon to NOT do any of the actual surgery on you? And shouldn't the very best & most experienced person be that surgeon themselves? You're right that experience trumps titles, but Dr's are the more experienced members of the HT team.

And what do you know about this clinic? For example, what happens if they are only able to extract a couple hundred single graft hairs when in reality they need three or fours times that amount to create a soft hairline? Do they have the skill & expertise to cut multigraft hairs into single hairs? Do they use microscopes? Do you even know that these are questions that need to be understood in advance of choosing a clinic?

I suppose what I'm really getting at here is... Have you really (and I mean really) done your research & taken the time to fully understand what a good HT requires? Because if you haven't, how are you going to know what to look for and what questions to ask of a prospective clinic that is going to perform surgery on your head? You shouldn't be thinking about clinics yet - never mind booking in for surgery - unless you've done the essential research first.

I do agree with this though, I don't think you should be doing anything until you've researched things for a good 6 months to a year as you're clearly diving in head first. I just get the feeling you're not the type to actually do that and you're going to go ahead and do this anyway spontaneously very soon. At least if we point you towards a great doctor that is convenient as they're on your doorstep (which you fortunately do have some) you'll be lucky in that you don't really need to know all the nuances at the end of the day as you'll be in good hands regardless.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Luismendes535 said:

I think there is not much we can do more than what alot of different people told you here, if you insist on doing it is your choice and of course you can do whatever you want, but its rather sad to go there and get a bad result and then you need to repair it with someone else for double the cost. 

You said in your other thread that money is not a problem, why not choose for example Dr Bruno Pinto for 3,50 euro per graft or Dr Bruno Ferreira for 2,50 euro per graft? Both are world class and does the whole procedure themselves. 

• Like 1