2,100 FUE @ HMR / CORTEZ BROS 9/7/21

Gokuhairline

What's up beautiful people, I am exactly 7 days post 2,100 or 2,300 FUE at HMR in Tijuana, MX with the very kind Cortez brothers. Not much I need to say other than my experience was wonderful from the moment I landed in SAN and got picked up for the drive down. Would 100% recommend, dm me if you have any questions, see below for some pre procedure and a few from right after completion of procedure followed by some taken today at 7 days before I started removing scabs. I will try to update every month. Feel free to message me with questions, and any tips are greatly appreciated, getting ready for the next couple months....one thing I would change is shave my head like I was advised , having hair on top made it a real pain having to wash first couple of days and still. Here's to happy growing.

pre back.jpg

pre front.jpg

pre left side 2.jpg

pre left side.jpg

pre left.jpg

pre right 2 sh.jpg

pre right.jpg

FUE3 edit.jpg

FUE2.jpg

back.jpg

left edit.jpg

right edit.jpg

Edited by Gokuhairline
corrected typo in title.. HMR* not hrm
  • Like 1

• Gokuhairline changed the title to 2,100 FUE @ HMR / CORTEZ BROS 9/7/21
  • Administrators

I’ve seen some good results on YouTube and a few here on the forum. They seem to be doing good work aside from Nader. Look forward to seeing your updates. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking good so far! Those scabs will be gone within a week. In a month or so you'll be glad you kept the long hair. You'll be able to style it and cover the recipient area. 

Keep this thread updated with monthly pics. Good luck!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Looking good so far! Those scabs will be gone within a week. In a month or so you'll be glad you kept the long hair. You'll be able to style it and cover the recipient area. 

Keep this thread updated with monthly pics. Good luck!

thanks man...i was actually thinking of buzzing the top off actually cause once the shedding starts idk how it will look lol....plus once their hair does start coming in it will be uneven no ? decisions decisions lol

DAY 13 update .....feeling good, each day that passes its getting better and easier to sleep and less bothersome in the donor area...i have gotten dandruff which i am not sure if its related to the procedure and the disturbance of it all to the biology of hair ? anyway I picked up a bottle of nizoral.....I am debating weather or not to buzz the top so it can even out and match the recipient and then just trim and adjust as the process goes on...or should I leave the top intact and see if I can cover up during the ugly duckling phase ? what do guys say? TY

day 13 front.jpg

day 13 side .jpg

day 13 side3.jpg

• Administrators

Wow you’re healing great. Can’t even tell you had surgery.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wow you’re healing great. Can’t even tell you had surgery.

yeah thanks bro....it literally looks like i just randomly shaved random parts of my head and never finished hahaha that is why I am thinking buzzing it all....thoughts?

Your before and the amount of grafts and type of FUE looks exactly like mine man - we are in very similar phase. Just your hair is clearly finer then mine so it falls better, mine is naturally thick and wavy so it's even worse for styling as of now with the partial shaven thing.

I'm on Day 18 post op - I really feel every morning i look that one side is growing fast or looks more dense then the other temple which bothers me but when i mentioned that on the forum and also showed to the clinic, everyone says it's too early to say anything and nothing to worry about.

As for cutting it, I really need too also - the clinic told me wait total 4 weeks before doing anything like that, which for me would make it another 1 and a half weeks or I am sure can lower it without going to low. I actually had a wedding I really wanted to go to but how my hair looks, yesterday tried to style it and just no luck for me in that way, all shaven would have been better i think.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Just your hair is clearly finer then mine so it falls better,

lol what haha falls better ? and yeah bro wish i didn't have to buzz it so i can maybe cover up a bit once i start to shed but this uneven look is so wacky hahaha a buzz cut all around would be great but then it will be wacky again once the shedding starts and the recession shows up again...thats why its such a do i buzz it or not you know what i mean...but yeah go ahead and buzz if , 3 weeks should be fine. its 2 weeks for me today.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, today marks 1 month since my FUE at HMR in Tijuana, MX with the Cortez brothers....time did fly by....I thought I was going to be part of that 1% who never sheds since I was holding strong til the 3rd week and then the shedding began lol...I'd say I've lost 75 maybe 80% of grafts, there are still some there so I wonder if I will continue to shed everything or not and hopefully start growing....I also never got to buzzing my hair like I was thinking and kind of glad I didn't cause after wearing a hat my hair gets messy and can sort of hide the transplanted area,...is this the ugly duckling phase or am I about to enter it ? scalp has regained normal sensation about 85%, no shock loss ? from what I can tell, back and looks like nothing happened. Here's to growing and see y'all next month. 

back.jpg

left1.jpg

left2.jpg

right1.jpg

right2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm exactly 5 weeks today and I feel I have alot of similarities to how yours looks too! I wasn't completely bald so mine's not as bad but I can see small areas of what I am assuming is shedding in my case.

I wash my hair once every other day, and when I do, I notice like dry white skin getting wet and sitting on my scalp. First I thought it was some shampoo residue but it seems to be some type wet skin flakes that appear then when it dries that disappears and then it gets tangled in the hair. At 5 weeks I still have also a little bit of redness around the hairline area

• Like 1

5 hours ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

I'm exactly 5 weeks today and I feel I have alot of similarities to how yours looks too! I wasn't completely bald so mine's not as bad but I can see small areas of what I am assuming is shedding in my case.

I wash my hair once every other day, and when I do, I notice like dry white skin getting wet and sitting on my scalp. First I thought it was some shampoo residue but it seems to be some type wet skin flakes that appear then when it dries that disappears and then it gets tangled in the hair. At 5 weeks I still have also a little bit of redness around the hairline area

nice , i dont have any redness at all, its just the lighting I guess that makes it seem lighter then my hair color...i would try nizoral for the flakes. 

• Administrators

Looks like a mild case of ugly duckling stage.

• Like 1

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

How strict are they with shaving the whole head? The doctor told me through email that they must cut all the hair off but I don’t want to lol I want to be able to hide it and I see that you didn’t shave your entire head so do they ask first or?

i guess it varies between person and their type of procedure and or hair loss...i know a few guys that went there had unshaven/partial shaven and others had to shave it all off....i was told it was better if i shaved it but i was pretty adamant on not shaving it and we just decided to shave it just enough so the doctor can work better...but honestly if i could go back i'd shave it all off....its annoying to deal with after the procedure with the longer hair. are you thinking of going there ? good people over there. good luck

9 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

i guess it varies between person and their type of procedure and or hair loss...i know a few guys that went there had unshaven/partial shaven and others had to shave it all off....i was told it was better if i shaved it but i was pretty adamant on not shaving it and we just decided to shave it just enough so the doctor can work better...but honestly if i could go back i'd shave it all off....its annoying to deal with after the procedure with the longer hair. are you thinking of going there ? good people over there. good luck

Yes probably next year just wanna see what I can get back with treatments right now I’ll be following your progress for sure my hairloss is similar but only on the temples so I would hope that once I’m there he doesn’t shave the whole head because I do want to do my best to hide it I emailed him this week and sent new better pictures and was quoted 1800 grafts my hairlines always been crooked on the right side so getting this will make my hairline hopefully better than it was before hairloss lol

• Like 1