Finance help

aKaWonderKid

1 hour ago, aKaWonderKid said:

Anyone know a good company that offer loans specifically for hair transplants or just any good companies anyway  

In my experience third party loaning companies for cosmetic procedures have always offered the worst interest rates. I found that applying for a line of credit or even a cheaper credit card was a better option. Sorry I know that doesnt answer your question fully, but I would start with that first if you haven't already. I was able to increase my credit card limit in time for my procedure and got an interest rate of 4.5% compared to the 9.5% offered by some ass loaning company that also wanted wanted to charge a "set up" fee and an "administration fee", after I added up all the fees they were going to ding me with, the cost of borrowing was closer to like 40-50%. 

Edited by TorontoMan
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just look for a  credit card offer with 0% interest for 12 to 18 months and apply for the card.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

I don't believe in cosmetic surgery companies that also offer credit for the procedure. To me it's like buying a car and getting a car loan from the car yard! Many do it but as others have stated the interest rates are high when the cash rate today is 0.01% by the RBA and the FED. I would sooner save up for a hair transplant or take out a line of credit on your mortgage as a last resort. All the best.

• Administrators

Care Credit is what I used for my first HT, but then my second HT I got a 10K credit cared with no interest for 24 months. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, aKaWonderKid said:

Anyone know a good company that offer loans specifically for hair transplants or just any good companies anyway  

Maybe not what you’re asking for, but here’s my taIe:

Go with the best.  The best clinics tend to have pretty long waiting lists.  While you wait for your surgery date, save money during that time.

But a HT shouldn’t be something you need next month.  Waiting a year or two won’t change much.  You’re much better off saving and paying for it once you have the money than having to pay ridiculous interest rates.  

one thing is getting finance help on a house, quite another getting into debt for a cosmetic procedure that you don’t immediately need.

my two cents, take it as you wish.

Check out my journey here:

I took out a loan from my bank at super low interest, and then paid roughly $200/month until it was paid off. It was less than a standard car payment and definitely worth it. Most clinics work with a 3rd party company designed to work strictly with medical procedures, but those interest rates tend to be higher... So shop around and see what you can find. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 months later...

The clinic can assist in obtaining a loan or instalment payment through brokerage organizations or banks. The clinic has signed contracts for the provision of credit or instalment services to clinic patients. As far as I know, it would help if you created paystubs to increase the chances of getting a loan. You will also have to take all the necessary documents that you will be told to take. And after the transfer of documents and information, the bank representatives contact the patient, who confirms the patient's intentions to get a loan or instalment plan. It's elementary...

Edited by Limitlessness