Asmed Clinic, Cinik Clinik or HLC ? Also, looking for thoughts on their number of graft suggestions.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Mdc2021 said:

I got a offer from dr. Bisangas clinic for 2400 grafts. It is double the Price from the clinics in turkey, but it might be worth it to pay more for this clinic. I also really liked @raphael84 results

I really like that it’s closer to my own country, which means I might drive to the clinic and back with a friend or family member. 

they mentioned that they advice that I continue on fin, but I’m unsure if it’s necessary because of my family history, and who knows if I wanna take it 5-10 or 20 years from now. Do you guys have any insights on this? 

Thanks for all the comments and help 🙏

It is definitely necessary to continue fin, remember hair loss is progressive. You cannot look to immediate family and think you’re safe. Bisanga prefers topical finasteride over oral with the adjunct of oral minoxidil. It may work better for you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2021 at 7:23 PM, pomloe said:

If you are on a "budget" but want excellent quality, I would recommend Dr. Turan or Dr. Gur at Fue Capillar. They do one patient per day, and the Dr. does the whole surgery, all this quality for just a little bit more than the cost of a hairmill clinic like Cinik or Cosmedica... As a matter of fact, if you are a member of the Hair Loss Conquerors FB group, Fue Capillar have consistent amazing results, that are honestly on the same level as a HLC or Bicer quality. 

Seems this not anymore rule, that if doctor does 1 patient per day = possible good results, good clinics, i mean about these clinics from Turkey, mostly Istanbul, as many of them started advertise "we do 1 patient per day" , cause read here at HTN few threads about some HT clinics, like if remember "Long hair center" clinics , where at their website they advertise same "our doctor does only 1 surgery per day" , but then saw by same doctor here horrible results, only rule if 1 patient per day  = threads with  photos pre-op and post-op , by 1 to at least 10th month, when results are best visible, all other are mostly marketing tricks, else really good quality doctors like in manny threads mention dr. Fereira, dr. Bruon, Bisanga, and few more from EU, and maybe 2-3 clinics from Turkey, need be very careful, as in Turkey 90% is marketing tricks, inst, fb posts, no where whole case photos 1-10 months, but fake photos used from who knows websites, etc. , and then it's lottery get in such clinics good results, they sometimes do it good for some youtubers, influencers, to promote them, but mostly they do mass-production, where technicians, nurses do job of surgeon, what's really not acceptable, as no one nurse or tehnician can have skills, feeling as well experienced, educated surgeon as dr. Fereira, as technician most do copy-paste job, they dont use much brain in such jobs, but do what surgeon says, and if surgeon not whole time monitor process, problems happen, as happened in few of cases here members, at dr. Cinic clinics, dr. Erdogan - ASMEG-dr. Koray Erdogan, both they are maybe solid surgeons, but if they are not included in whole process, but mostly only figures who are with big smile on websites, and 5-10 minutes spend with patient, and mostly act as "painters" , and not surgeons,  results are questionable...

Its just my 2 cents, regarding this matter, after readin many threads here at this great forum, and today registered, to be more active, as im in looking for "good" clinics :) ... Thanks all of you, brave, friendly, who posted your photos, experiences, and i'm sorry see some members get cheated by some clinics...

@Mdc2021it`s very strange to see a thread comparing two hairmills with HLC that is the best clinic in Turkey. 

ASMED has several patients at HRN complaining about being mistreated after their botched HT and how this clinic is a hairmill with techs doing HT on several patients per day. 

Cinik is the most famous hairmill in Turkey because they invest a lot on Marketing and even sponsor the British premier league soccer. You can imagine how patients per day that marketing budget requires.

HLC is a clinic where the Doctor does the whole surgery with a more refined technique called stick&place same one used by Dr. Konior in the US.  You can`t compare HLC with hairmills only with other Doctors that are involved in the whole surgery using a similar technique. In Turkey the other Doctors doing this are Dr. Pekiner (former HLC Doctor) and Dr. Kesser.

A better option to the two hairmills you were considering is Dr. Bicer and Dr. Demirsoy.

I would suggest you to spend a bit more and have your surgery in Europe.

Check my table below with the prices, technique and Doctor involvement.

Wish you all the best with your HT

Hair Docs.jpg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@Mdc2021it`s very strange to see a thread comparing two hairmills with HLC that is the best clinic in Turkey. 

ASMED has several patients at HRN complaining about being mistreated after their botched HT and how this clinic is a hairmill with techs doing HT on several patients per day. 

Cinik is the most famous hairmill in Turkey because they invest a lot on Marketing and even sponsor the British premier league soccer. You can imagine how patients per day that marketing budget requires.

HLC is a clinic where the Doctor does the whole surgery with a more refined technique called stick&place same one used by Dr. Konior in the US.  You can`t compare HLC with hairmills only with other Doctors that are involved in the whole surgery using a similar technique like Dr. Pekiner (former HLC Doctor) and Dr. Kesser.

A better option to the two hairmills you were considering is Dr. Bicer and Dr. Demirsoy.

I would suggest you to spend a bit more and have your surgery in Europe.

Check my table below with the prices, technique and Doctor involvement.

Wish you all the best with your HT

Hair Docs.jpg

I came back from surgery with Dr. Couto at FUEXPERT clinic 10 days ago. There is not true that techs do implanting. Dr. Couto´s technician Esteban collects grafts and Dr. Couto implants grafts with implanter pen. Every single graft implanted to my head was implanted by Dr. Couto personally. Also I had personal consultation with Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. De Freitas in the end of June. Dr. De Freitas use to operate 3 patients in 2 days and the price is 3,50 eur per first 1000 grafts and 2,50 eur per every other grafts. Techs do extractions and Dr. De Freitas implantation. Dr. Lorenzo use to operate 3 patients per day and the price is 5,- eur per first 2000 grafts and 2,50 per every other graft, even if it is necessary 2nd or 3rd HT at his clinic. Techs do extractions and Dr. Lorenzo 80 - 85% of implantation, the rest is performed by his team. 

Edited by miko

Hello Mdc2021, Portugal25 gave you table of really good doctors with very important informations about them. Before my repair HT I spoke with almost all these clinics and doctors (except Dr. Demirsoy, Dr. Bicem, Dr. Maras, Dr. Nedimi and Feller&Bloxham). For me first league are Dr. Couto, Dr. De Freitas, Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Konior, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Bisanga, Hasson&Wong and HLC. Best newcomers are Dr. Ferreira and Dra. Vila. It depends how much money do you want to spend and how far do you want to travel. But remember. You (and everyone) have limited donor area. More important than money are grafts. Also estimated number of grafts in your case (3000+) are too many. Rather choose more expensive doctor who needs less number of grafts to achieve optimal result than cheaper who needs more grafts. If I went to the first operation and considered the money, I would choose Dr. De Freitas in Valencia (also Barcelona), Spain. I suppose you have good flight connection from Denmark to Spain. 3,50 eur for first 1000 grafts, 2,50 eur for every next graft, hotel included. If you want to the best, then Dr. Couto. But he doesn´t take new patients now. And if you consider Asmed, please check my story:

@mikocongratulations on having your HT with one of the best Doctors in the world. After the terrible ordeal you had at ASMED hairmill i`m very happy to see you come out victorious. 

Thanks for the update on the prices. I will update my table accordingly.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

HLC is now 2.7e , frankly speaking not so good price, as they are not in range of dr. Freitas and similary, which offer over 1k, 2.5e, and they don't include acommodation, driver, all these need pay extra, and there is not only 1x surgeon, but 3-4x them, and you don't know will be some surgeon like dr. Freitas at surgery, but some of their 3-4x surgery you'll get, and we can't know if all of their surgeons do same quality HT...

• Like 1

De Freitas (a personal favorite doctor) charges 3.5 for first 1000 grafts and 2.5 after that. HLC charges 2.7, but offer 2.5 if you let them choose the date or let them use your photos on their site (faces blurred). HLC charges 100 euro for airport transport, 2 night accommodations, and dinners. Yes, the doctors will be assigned on day of surgery.

Since the doctors do all the work, manual extractions and manual stick and place implantation, which cause fatigue, they collaborate. So it is likely that one doctor before lunch and a different one after lunch. From experience, the doctors have the same technique. They do not operate as independent doctors, they operate as one team.

HLC performs manual extraction and stick and place for implantation Bisanga (who is a better clinic IMO) performs motorized extraction and pre-made slits. If there is something I have learned, it is not get caught up on these details. But instead, focus on results. If HLC/Bisanga/Konior/Cinik/hairmill.com/etc. is consistently producing results you like, you should consider them. 

On 9/29/2021 at 10:58 AM, Portugal25 said:

@mikocongratulations on having your HT with one of the best Doctors in the world. After the terrible ordeal you had at ASMED hairmill i`m very happy to see you come out victorious. 

Thanks for the update on the prices. I will update my table accordingly.

Thank you very much. I hope so. OK. Your table is perfect, it helped also to me establish that I was talking to the best.

19 hours ago, MachoVato said:

De Freitas (a personal favorite doctor) charges 3.5 for first 1000 grafts and 2.5 after that. HLC charges 2.7, but offer 2.5 if you let them choose the date or let them use your photos on their site (faces blurred). HLC charges 100 euro for airport transport, 2 night accommodations, and dinners. Yes, the doctors will be assigned on day of surgery.

Since the doctors do all the work, manual extractions and manual stick and place implantation, which cause fatigue, they collaborate. So it is likely that one doctor before lunch and a different one after lunch. From experience, the doctors have the same technique. They do not operate as independent doctors, they operate as one team.

HLC performs manual extraction and stick and place for implantation Bisanga (who is a better clinic IMO) performs motorized extraction and pre-made slits. If there is something I have learned, it is not get caught up on these details. But instead, focus on results. If HLC/Bisanga/Konior/Cinik/hairmill.com/etc. is consistently producing results you like, you should consider them. 

Yes, correct dr. Freitas first 1k grafts - 3.5e, and above 1k , price is 2.5e.  HLC , correct 2.7e, and 2.5e if allow using your photos and schedule by them . And airport transport, acommodation is now 150e, not 100e.

Probably what you wrote is correct, that they do it as team, by most of results here seems they are good team, but you know sometimes most of us always in head about some specific doctor thoughts :) ... But all we know that most of clinics, 1x doctor can't do all those, as sometimes 1-2 day surgery, and some clinics doctors do extraction opening channels, and impanting grafs technicians, or vice-versa, so as you told...

Wen we make sum of all, most important to check what are 90% results of some clinics, as fails can happen to best doctors too, and mostly as i could see here, it happens  that most of doctors don't give much attention for checking skin, scalp before surgery, but like blind accept any kind patient, and then if fail happens as in few cases here at "top" so called doctors-clinics, then some of such doctors didn't care much, and left patients without solution, instead they checked this before surgery and give opinion to patient do it or not, as such doctors have much experience and can recognize or doubt for some cases that not good candidates... It's like when you want do tuning for your car, more HP, and bad tuner didn't check turbo, egr, dfp, engine at all, and add ecu map 50 HP more, and after 50 Km driving brick engine :) ... Don't understand why many doctors accept do HT, if see patient not good candidate, is it lack of knowledge in recognizing , or just hunger for money....

Yes, but sometimes we need really check is doctor included at any stage of HT, as at some clinics where they do 20x HT per day, as dr. Emrah Cinic, dr. Serkan Eydogan, and 8x Asmed-Koray Erdogan, etc. , there mostly tehnicians do all , extraction, counting, implanting, without any monitoring of doctors, doctors usual only come draw hairline and dissappear, 5-10 minutes reserve for you, andusual such cases fail, as you cant know is some technician skilled or not, but if skilled-well experienced doctor control - monitor whole time, or 50% of surgery, results sure can be better, so it's important who and what part of surgery do at clinics, and at least is ok if surgeon-doctor monitor it, if not perform surgery by himself.... Maybe i'm not right, but this will say any logics...

Edited by blackislback
adding right info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, blackislback said:

Probably what you wrote is correct, that they do it as team, by most of results here seems they are good team, but you know sometimes most of us always in head about some specific doctor thoughts :) ... But all we know that most of clinics, 1x doctor can't do all those, as sometimes 1-2 day surgery, and some clinics doctors do extraction opening channels, and impanting grafs technicians, or vice-versa, so as you told...

Yes, I think that maybe some HLC doctors might have special strengths. For example, I believe one of my doctors was changed because another patient was requiring beard grafts. So he went to work on him. I agree that it would be better to know the exact doctor who will be working on your head. But really, the only thing that matters is results! :)

• Like 1

Your hair loss isn't that bad. I don't think you need a crazy number of grafts and I'd be wary of any clinic suggesting more than 3k grafts. I think if you're going to Turkey I'd check out Bicer. ASMED used to have some really great results a few years back, but I've been a bit less impressed lately (given their sheer scale you'll naturally find many successes and with that, some failures).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There's been some activity on this thread, that I have missed! I've got a physical consultation with Bisanga in the beginning of the next week. Very excited to hear his thoughts. I've definitely come to the conclusion that this is something I will not gamble with, and therefore will stay in Europe and have the procedure.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 10:04 AM, Mdc2021 said:

There's been some activity on this thread, that I have missed! I've got a physical consultation with Bisanga in the beginning of the next week. Very excited to hear his thoughts. I've definitely come to the conclusion that this is something I will not gamble with, and therefore will stay in Europe and have the procedure.

happy that you're finally going through this!
I have your exact condition with family history and all I also have inflammation in my scalp (subborheic dermatitis) since I was 14 (now 26) besides my life is very stressful, all those accumulate to cause us severe hairloss, but the main reason is DHT. I'll have a HT soon too once I decide on a doctor 
Keep us updated & best of luck!