Recommendation for a Surgeon in Toronto Area for Norwood scale 5-6 stage restoration?

I am 40 years old and I am not on any meds. Dr. Rahul’s assistant already rejected me. How about SpaMedica, Dr. Cole, or Dr. A K Gupta from Surehair? I am getting quotes from everyone but wondering if the forum members have any experience with these surgeons.

@JohnAC71makes great points. Are you strictly looking in the GTA or are you willing to travel? Here is a list of recommended surgeons:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

In Canada, Rahal and Hasson and Wong are both really solid doctors. So you're pretty lucky to be in Canada. Rahal seems to be more about hairlines than anything else since he calls himself the hairline king. Hasson and Wong are in Vancouver at which point you're still looking for a plane ticket on the other side of Canada.

I wouldn't limit yourself to Canada though. Other countries in the world are very competitive in terms of both skill and price. A lot of European doctors impress me with their skills and price. Plus the EU is always passing laws that favor the consumer

Edited by deeznuts

On 8/21/2021 at 5:41 PM, TPV said:

Hi,

Does anyone has any recommendation for a surgeon in GTA area for restoring my hair @ Norwood scale 5-6?

12222.jpeg.9cd4387a6056dad27afd2e3ae12f511b.jpeg1111.jpeg.9cd8f79154a37c1de58e13a35f63a67d.jpeg

In GTA, you dont have much (any) options..  There is Dr Jones in Oakville, but I have almost never seen a patient of his posting their results ..

Rahal in Ottawa will simply reject you because your end results are not going to be worth his hall of fame... your only good option in Canada is H&W in Vancouver... there are also many more options in US, Europe and India.. but I guess you want to stay within Canada..

best of luck..

12 minutes ago, InTheSix said:

In GTA, you dont have much (any) options..  There is Dr Jones in Oakville, but I have almost never seen a patient of his posting their results ..

Rahal in Ottawa will simply reject you because your end results are not going to be worth his hall of fame... your only good option in Canada is H&W in Vancouver... there are also many more options in US, Europe and India.. but I guess you want to stay within Canada..

best of luck..

There's actually a Dr. Jones case here but I don't remember the guys username.

Hi,

Does anyone has any recommendation for a surgeon in GTA area for restoring my hair @ Norwood scale 5-6?

12222.jpeg.9cd4387a6056dad27afd2e3ae12f511b.jpeg1111.jpeg.9cd8f79154a37c1de58e13a35f63a67d.jpeg

Dr Jones did share some patient pics over watsapp with me... so you can go down that route too... fyi.. he was not doing any in person consultation 9 months ago due to covid.. so not sure if he's changed that now ...

best of luck..

• Administrators
11 hours ago, InTheSix said:

best of luck..

What’s with the Rahal hate? It’s now a few posts. Seems like you’re disgruntled for some reason.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, InTheSix said:

Dr Jones did share some patient pics over watsapp with me... so you can go down that route too... fyi.. he was not doing any in person consultation 9 months ago due to covid.. so not sure if he's changed that now ...

best of luck..

Last time I checked he's still doing in person consultations, but I would phone the office to make sure

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What’s with the Rahal hate? It’s now a few posts. Seems like you’re disgruntled for some reason.

Melvin, I know he's a good surgeon and has had good results in the past, but I've heard from more than 1 person that he's gone down the hair mill route.

I'm not sure if that means he's retiring soon and handing over the keys to someone else, or whathaveyou

Hi,

My advice to you is get a 4,000 grafts FUT to cover the scalp, and then do a scalphair/beardhair FUE combo to cover the crown.

You should be done in 2 surgeries

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Westview said:

Melvin, I know he's a good surgeon and has had good results in the past, but I've heard from more than 1 person that he's gone down the hair mill route.

I'm not sure if that means he's retiring soon and handing over the keys to someone else, or whathaveyou

Ive heard the opposite from many like @TorontoMan

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:20 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Not only is that an inaccurate characterization of what I have said so far, but some poor choice of words too re: "hate" "disgruntled"...  You have been very helpful to me both directly (via private messages) and indirectly (maintaining this forum), so I will definitely give you the benefit of doubt, that you didnt mean those words in their true sense.

I dont hate anybody in this world.. life's too short for that and no one is that important frankly... I dont have any agenda against anyone (I wish I had that much time on hand)... I am simply sharing experiences from my personal journey, which I am hoping is a tiny way of giving back to people in the same position as I was or am... Some of my experiences were positives and some werent... Does that mean everyone else's experiences will be the same as mine.. of course not (the adults in this forum get that).. hence if I had great experience with Nadimi and H&W, does that mean no one will have bad experience with them.. of course not.. similarly, my experience with Rahal was not great, does that mean no one will have a great experience with him.. of course not...  In fact in some of my Rahal comments you referred too, I clearly stated that I am not commenting on this skills, which I am sure they are great  given all the positive reviews.. I simply thought that my personal consultation was rushed, and I was aggressively sold PRP and SMP. when I didnt wanted it.. my expectations were also quite modest.. at a minimum I wanted a frontal 3rd done to frame my face... which is what I eventually got done 3 years after my Rahal consultation 

I recall reading this forum extensively prior to having my consultation with Rahal, which is why I was even more gutted and truly felt that I had no other option beyond PRP/SMP (because my impression was that this is one of the best clinics in the world).. Is that completely on Rahal.. No.. I could have done better research and been more well equipped to take the rejection and I take accountability for that.... But life happened, and I simply gave up for another 2 years, until I re-started my research again.. During this research I came across some great honest feedback.. basically what was possible and what was not.. For instance Dr Nadimi told me what I can expect as for sure in terms of cosmetic improvement, and then what I "might" be able to achieve in future HT's given that I recover well etc... 2 clinics went even further, and said while they can give me a decent level of cosmetic improvement, they think I have a better shot if I went to a clinic that also did BHT (which I thought was great level of honesty)

Based on this, my 'personal' opinion (and maybe I am wrong) is that Rahal seems to not focus on difficult cases. In my past comments, I even qualified this opinion of mine by saying that "its his business and he can run it as he pleases" but it would have been helpful, at least in my personal experience, had he taking more of a patient approach (and transparent feedback) as oppose to business centric, which in my case was trying to sell me PRP/SMP.....again that is just my personal experience. Does that mean the clinic wouldnt be a good choice for others, of course not. I am sure they can do wonders for other patients.

Thats it... nothing more or less... No hatred or disgruntleness .. just simply sharing my personal experience (and trying to keep it balanced as much as possible, even when my own experience was not great) so just in case anyone else is in my similar shoes gets a rejection, they shouldn't feel like its the end of the road (I also get that for some HT may truly not be an option)...

I think I shared a negative personal experience as balanced as I could, and I believe @Westview was also sharing a balanced opinion. And the example you shared to counter the views (which again is not needed, as we both agreed there are two sides to this) is also of NW2, minimal thinning, almost no family history of baldness, on meds.. and pre-HT hair that most bald people will give up their 5th born for.... which actually reinforces my overall assessment of the clinic...

• Like 1

• Administrators
22 hours ago, InTheSix said:

Not only is that an inaccurate characterization of what I have said so far, but some poor choice of words too re: "hate" "disgruntled"...  You have been very helpful to me both directly (via private messages) and indirectly (maintaining this forum), so I will definitely give you the benefit of doubt, that you didnt mean those words in their true sense.

I dont hate anybody in this world.. life's too short for that and no one is that important frankly... I dont have any agenda against anyone (I wish I had that much time on hand)... I am simply sharing experiences from my personal journey, which I am hoping is a tiny way of giving back to people in the same position as I was or am... Some of my experiences were positives and some werent... Does that mean everyone else's experiences will be the same as mine.. of course not (the adults in this forum get that).. hence if I had great experience with Nadimi and H&W, does that mean no one will have bad experience with them.. of course not.. similarly, my experience with Rahal was not great, does that mean no one will have a great experience with him.. of course not...  In fact in some of my Rahal comments you referred too, I clearly stated that I am not commenting on this skills, which I am sure they are great  given all the positive reviews.. I simply thought that my personal consultation was rushed, and I was aggressively sold PRP and SMP. when I didnt wanted it.. my expectations were also quite modest.. at a minimum I wanted a frontal 3rd done to frame my face... which is what I eventually got done 3 years after my Rahal consultation 

I recall reading this forum extensively prior to having my consultation with Rahal, which is why I was even more gutted and truly felt that I had no other option beyond PRP/SMP (because my impression was that this is one of the best clinics in the world).. Is that completely on Rahal.. No.. I could have done better research and been more well equipped to take the rejection and I take accountability for that.... But life happened, and I simply gave up for another 2 years, until I re-started my research again.. During this research I came across some great honest feedback.. basically what was possible and what was not.. For instance Dr Nadimi told me what I can expect as for sure in terms of cosmetic improvement, and then what I "might" be able to achieve in future HT's given that I recover well etc... 2 clinics went even further, and said while they can give me a decent level of cosmetic improvement, they think I have a better shot if I went to a clinic that also did BHT (which I thought was great level of honesty)

Based on this, my 'personal' opinion (and maybe I am wrong) is that Rahal seems to not focus on difficult cases. In my past comments, I even qualified this opinion of mine by saying that "its his business and he can run it as he pleases" but it would have been helpful, at least in my personal experience, had he taking more of a patient approach (and transparent feedback) as oppose to business centric, which in my case was trying to sell me PRP/SMP.....again that is just my personal experience. Does that mean the clinic wouldnt be a good choice for others, of course not. I am sure they can do wonders for other patients.

Thats it... nothing more or less... No hatred or disgruntleness .. just simply sharing my personal experience (and trying to keep it balanced as much as possible, even when my own experience was not great) so just in case anyone else is in my similar shoes gets a rejection, they shouldn't feel like its the end of the road (I also get that for some HT may truly not be an option)...

I think I shared a negative personal experience as balanced as I could, and I believe @Westview was also sharing a balanced opinion. And the example you shared to counter the views (which again is not needed, as we both agreed there are two sides to this) is also of NW2, minimal thinning, almost no family history of baldness, on meds.. and pre-HT hair that most bald people will give up their 5th born for.... which actually reinforces my overall assessment of the clinic...

Fair enough, I wasn’t aware there was a personal situation. Although, I do believe there are better doctors for different situations. In my opinion, Norwood 6+ have H&W and Eugenix as the top two clinics.

View my thread

On 8/30/2021 at 1:25 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Fair enough, I wasn’t aware there was a personal situation. Although, I do believe there are better doctors for different situations. In my opinion, Norwood 6+ have H&W and Eugenix as the top two clinics.

true... that was the thought behind going to H&W for the 1st..  now I am thinking of going to Eugenix next year for the 2nd HT..

thanks